Thursday, June 25, 2009

Take It Easy

Good morning! Today I have my Flutterby Wednesday card as promised. This time around, Danni has changed things up a bit. She will now be choosing a DT member to come up with the challenge for the week since we were all once the featured stamper of the week. She will however still keep the guest designers coming to create with us. This week the challenge was chosen by Kimmie. You must create a card using a fairy or a butterfly but with an outdoor scene.
So I decided to create with Tilda! I am not absolutely sure, but I think the background comes from the chasing butterflies collection. Please correct me if I am wrong. But, I know this is picnic Tilda. Doesn't she look so relaxed, peaceful and without a care in the world. Sometimes we all need days like this. lol. Well, to create this card I have used my copic airbrush system for the sky and grass background, and colored the rest in with my copics.
I've added a little paper piercing to the edges of the pink cardstock, glittered her wings and the sky with some stickles (star dust) and added the pretty prima flowers with jumbo brads for the centers. After choosing the stamps that I wanted to work with, the coloring and piecing of it all was quick and easy. I think she is one of my favorite Tilda stamps. =)
We'd love to see your creation with either a butterfly or fairy or both, and all you need to do is post it HERE. If you are uploading to SCS or PCP, use FBW as your keyword.
Thank you for all of your comments, they are truly appreciated!! I'll see you on your blogs!
Card Details:
Paper: Pink Pirouette CS, Neenah CS, printed DSP (forgot name)
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Copic Airbrush System, Paper piercer, Prima flowers, Jumbo Brads(CTMH),

39 comments:

smallcity said...

Wow, Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Love the colors, layout, it is just perfect.

smallcity

Barb Hardeman said...

Cute, cute card. Love the outdoor scene with the butterflies fluttering by! The layout is wonderful and your colors are A+. Great job...

Nancy said...

Jodi, this is absolutely fabulous!! I love the scene that you created, and the colors you chose are perfect!! Fantastic!!

Scrapstampnmama said...

Very beautiful and very relaxing to look at!

scrappyjan said...

Hello Jodi, CUTE card, wonderful coloring job you have done.
have a great day, janny

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What an absolutely darling card! I love it! You did a wonderful job.....thanks for inspiring!

Huggies ~ Sharron

Ali said...

Hi there, cute card, you're right she does look relaxed! The colors you chose for her are very soft and soothing. TFS!!

Risa said...

Your card is so fresh and pretty Jodi! I love the scene you created,and as always, Tilda is very pretty!
hugs
Risa:)

Denise said...

Such a beautiful card! Soprecious the way that sweet angel is relaxing, love that background!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Jodi,what a beautiful card Jodi,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Is she ever gorgeous or what!! What a beautiful Summer scene you've created!! :)

Tammy said...

I just love your card. It so so cute! The layout is pefect and I love the use of this background with this Tilda.
So stinking cute!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a cute card, Jodi, really wonderful.
Hugs Jacqueline

Nicki said...

Yet again Jodi another fab creation!
Nicki
x

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Ahhh Jodi, this is so cute! Love her little wings.

Norma said...

Jodi, you scene card is fabulous. I love that colour combination--one of my favorites. Beautiful coloured.

Hugs.
Norma

joni h said...

What a sweet card!

CraftyC said...

This is too cute Jodi. I just adore this background stamp and its so summery, just like the weather here today in the UK!!!
Clairex

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so fun and pretty, I love your sweet card.

Rach said...

a wonderful scene and fabulous colouring sweetie. hugs rach.xx

Rita said...

Beautiful Jodi! Love all the detail!

Danni said...

Very pretty!!

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous. The scene looks fabulous. You are correct about the background too - it is from the Chasing Butterflies range.
mwah
Trace

Nancy said...

Your card is gorgeous, Jodi. Love the scene:O)
Hugs, Nancy.

Christine said...

Beautiful card!!! It looks like a lot of work!

Blessings,
christine

Crystal said...

SOOOOO ADORABLE JODI!!! I love these soft colors!!

Islander Girl said...

Oooh so cute!!! I'm loving this card!!!!

Hope you're having a great day!

Ann Kranitz said...

Jodi, this is super cute!! Love the soft colors.

cabio's craft corner said...

Jodi, I love the background you colored for Tilda's image. She is a perfect choice for this card! Fabulous layout!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon Caudle said...

LOVE it, Jodi! I love that bckground stamps, and picnic Tilda is gorgeous! Fabulous card!
hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow girl!! This is so gorgeous!!! i love your Tilda scene!! This is definitely worth the wait!!! Gorgeous colors, layout! and coloring!!!Totally fabulous Jodi!!

Jamee said...

your card is adorable!

Nancy said...

What a cute cute card! Love the scene you created. Great job!

Ann said...

SO pretty! I love the bit of sparkle you added!

Kim Y. said...

I sure need a day like that! Love your card, Jodi! So relaxing!
Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!
Kim

Nicola said...

Wowee Jodi your colouring is fantastic and I love the scene you have created for Tilda, she sure looks like she hasn´t a care in the world.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Claudia Rosa said...

Gorgeous card jodi. Love the image you've used and the beautiful colouring also. Have a fantastic weekend dear friend...and thanks for visiting my blog and for all your kind comments Hugs Claudix

Kyoko said...

Gosh Jodi, I just LOVE how you color your images! I really need lessons in the coloring department.

Cathy said...

This is so pretty!! I almost used the same images!! How funny!! I love your colors and the images look so great together!!

Hugs, Cathy

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS