Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sweet Ethan

Good morning everyone! Pink Cat Studio is releasing these new digital stamps today to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation in honor of Ethan Weiman. Little Ethan passed away July 12th from Neuroblastoma cancer. Ethan was a true cowboy who loved horses, balloons and knock-knock jokes. By purchasing these new stamps you will help brighten the day of a sick child as the money we raise will go toward making one of their dreams come true. Please visit this site to purchase digital stamps and help the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Here is my first card using Cowboy Ethan. I just love these cute cute images!! These are just perfect for any occassion and just about any age!! Can't you just see this for a birthday card, or brand new baby card? This is such fun image to create with.
Here are the details for my first card:
Paper: Cerise (SU-retired), Pacific Point CS, Neenah White CS
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilites
This is my second card using Ava! Perfect for girls, and any occassion too. I knew exactly that I had to color her wearing something pink, it just wouldn't look right in my opinion. I think these colors make her much sweeter!
I didn't want to add to many or any embellishments since the paper really speaks for itself. So the only thing I added was a rhinestone to the buckle of both Ethan and Ava's belt. I just thought that this would look almost like the real cowboys and their flahsy belts. Please scroll down to see the next 2 postings of the day! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Paper: Memory Box, Pixie Pink, Creamy Caramel, and Neenah White CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Circle punches, Rhinestone

32 comments:

Nicki said...

Jodi i love coming to your blog, you make the most wonderful cards, they are absolutely gorgeous!
take care
Nicki
xxx

Berenice said...

Great cards! Thanks for sharing :)

Linda said...

I bought this set last night. Very sweet cards, Jodi! TFS!

Christine said...

I really love these images. I got them yesterday but haven't gotten to make anything yet.

Blessings,
Christine

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! Such sweet cards! I got so teary reading the story and just purchased the images. TFS!

joni h said...

beautiful cards! I love your close up pictures too...great photography!
TFS!

mycardz said...

Wow, these are both GORGEOUS! Your coloring is amazing, you really brought these guys to life. I love the both...I'll take one of each! :)

Michele said...

These cards are just too cute. Love the bling on the belt buckles!

Ann said...

Both are just amazing! I'm a sucker for pink, so I'm in LOVE with that Ava one!

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Jodi, you did a terrific job with these new images! What a lovely way to honor the memory of Ethan. Well done!
Blessings, Maria

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Darling cards! Love the added bling to the belt buckles.

Candy said...

Oh your cards are marvelous. You have picked great colours for both of them. They are just the cutest. You really did a great job on the little boy card by adding the stars.

Riet said...

Wowww Jodi,what a beautiful cards,l love the papers and colours.
So beautiful stamps.

Hugs Riet.x

Joy said...

so awesome! I just purchased these adorable images! they are the cutest thing and sad to say for a cause! but I do think they are so cute! you are way ahead as you have already created cards with these images =) they turned out so cute! can't wait to use them for a little boy's birthday! TFS!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are so gorgeous Jodi!! Love your coloring and design as always!! What a great thing Pink Cat Studio is doing!! I posted the details on my blog as well.
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Tracey said...

Your cards are just adorable Jodi! I love these images!!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous, Jodi:O) I love them both. The images are adorable, and your colouring is fantastic;O)
Have a great midsummer night.
Hugs, Nancy.

Cindy Haffner said...

Wondeful job!!!!!!

Fay said...

Great cards! I bought the digital images this morning, so I hope I'm able to make something half as nice!!

cabio's craft corner said...

These are great card. I've never try digital stamps. Maybe I'll try them someday after looking at these cute cards you made with these stamps.
Hugs,
Cabio

Maria said...

Awesome job on both your cards Jodi! You colored both images so pretty! I agree. . sometimes the dp speaks for itself. . .you don't need all sorts of embellishments to make a pretty card!!

maria

Risa said...

Wow.....both of your cards are SUPER cute Jodi! I truly love the cowboy and cowgirl images....they are the cutest!!! Your layouts and pretty DP is awesome also. You are so talented!
hugs
Risa:)

Islander Girl said...

I absolutely love this! I gotta head on over after visiting all my favorite blogs!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Jodi, these cards are amazing!!! Just love them!

Vicki

Claudia Rosa said...

Wow Jodi your cards are both super duper cute ! Love the images !
Hugs Claudia xxx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! These cards are just as precious as can be!!! What a wonderful thing to be apart of! This makes me smile!! :)

Susan said...

Such sweet cards! I've got both of these and can't wait to play with them over the weekend. I love the stars on that sweet boy and the papers are perfect for a little cowgirl!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Two fab Cards Jodi, beautifully coloured and love the pretty lo's. Hugs Nikki x

Marcea said...

These are simply adorable, love them both!
-x-

Rita said...

Awe so cute, I love your card design! I love that Ethan used to wear a cowboy hat all the time & how these images reflect what he loved!

Nicola said...

Fabulous creations Jodi, your colouring is always top notch and these images are adorable.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Cathy said...

These are wonderful!! I love the colors you used and of course the images are adorable!!

Hugs,Cathy

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS