Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Softer Side

Happy Monday, it's time for another Christmas card!! This week's challenge on Christmas Stampin All Year Long is to create a card using ribbons and buttons. Buttons and ribbons of all shapes, sizes and designs. Sounds pretty easy? I hope you have a chance to participate and if you do, all you have to do is upload your card to THIS site with a link to your blog, PCP Gallery, SCS Gallery or other. Here is the card I created for this challenge and I have also decided to use softer colors for Christmas which are pink and a different shade of green. Then I added a ribbon to the top of the card in a knot, and for the bottom I added a couple of buttons and used some waxy flax to tie little bows in the center of the buttons.
I added a light blue background behind Tilda with my copic airbrush system for a background. I think I have to use a little darker color blue so that it will show up better in the photo and on the card itself. I finally got to use this Tilda image for a Christmas card since last year these images were in a huge collection and arrived very near to Christmas. Click HERE to see what the rest of the design team has created.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!! Thanks for stopping by!
Card Details:
Stamp: Magnolia Christmas 2008
Paper: Old Olive, White CS, Holiday Treasures DSP
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Pink Striped Grosgrain ribbon, waxy flax, buttons, prima flowers

21 comments:

Summerthyme Studio said...

So soft and Pretty! Great Work!

Vicki

megastamper said...

oh really lovely and soooo cute. such wonderful fresh colours.
hugs, bea

Michelle said...

Jodi - your Christmas card is wonderful! The softer colors look really nice!

cabio's craft corner said...

Very cute Christmas colors for the card!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,l love the image and paoers.

Hugs Riet.x

Nicki said...

This is so sweet! lovely litte image and really pretty colours.
Nicki
x

Patty Chalas said...

what a lovely card...so soft and pretty!!! Nice job.

Jill said...

gorgeous card Jodi I love the DP and tilda image so pretty hugs Jill xx

Ashley said...

What a super sweet card!

Tammy said...

So sweet. I'm loving the pink and green.

Danni said...

So pretty!

Crystal said...

she is sooo pretty, adorable card!

Joy said...

such wonderful cards! love how you made one with a boy and the other with a girl...can't believe that Christmas challenge is still going strong! glad you still do all those DTs! I wanted to say thank you so much for all those goodies! you totally didn't have to do anything as it was a favor I didn't mind doing for you or your husband! you are such a sweetheart! I will be posting it soon! THANK YOU!!!!

Kyoko said...

So sweet Jodi! I love the use of soft colors!

Risa said...

Your card is very cute Jodi! I love your image and color combo!
hugs
Risa:)

eunice said...

Lovin' those softer colors, Jodi! How's the airbrush system? Is it hard to use?

Nancy said...

This is so pretty:O) Cute Tilda, beautiful colour combo.
Thanks for all the nice comments on my blog;O)
Hugs, Nancy.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! How sweet is this!! Love your design!! ;)

Teri said...

I love the colors you used for this Tilda! Very pretty! hugs, Teri

Claudia Rosa said...

totally cute hun!
i have made last days 2 hawaii cards.. i was thinking about you a lot.. did your ears ring at all :-)
love

Lorna said...

Awwww..she looks so sweet sitting there.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS