Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A New Window

Thanks for joining me on my second post for the day. Today I am introducing a new digital image from In Style Stamps, and it is this window. Initially I had no idea what I was going to do make with this window but I was surprised at myself with the outcome! I love using this window and I think I will create something else with it soon.
This is sitting Ava, and most of you are familiar with her and all of her cuteness!! She is another digital image from In Style Stamps! So, what I did with this window was size it to fit Ava and also sized her to fit the window. ( A little bit of give and take with the 2). I wanted to give it the appearance of the window being apart of a building or home, so I used a neutral colored cardstock.
One other thing I just had to do was cut the windows with my x-acto knife and used some acetate sheet for the glass of the windows. I know it is hard to see it here but I wanted to keep things clean and clear. I have also added flowersoft to the window on the top and bottom as an accent. Last but not least, I colored and glittered Ava. I'd love to know what you think of this card and the new window.
Please scroll down for the last post of the day!!
Paper: Creamy Caramel CS, Neenah White CS
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Acetate Sheet, Flowersoft, Dazzling Diamonds

23 comments:

Liann said...

this is totally cute...she is darling sitting on the window sill...TFS

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a great card how clever are you then. That image is so cute I could just pick her up and give her a cuddle lol. The colours and the window scene are just perfect.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Nicki said...

Oh Jodi, this is just soooo cute, i love it
Nicki
x

Berenice said...

Super cute card!

Linda said...

Hey Jodi! Oh my goodness! This card is the cutest thing! TFS! Hugs, Linda

Jenny said...

Very cool and waaaay too much work for me! You did a great job cutting out each window! TFS.

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Christine said...

It is wonderful! What a lot of work to cut out the window. I'd never get it straight.

Blessings,
Christine

Kyoko said...

OMG this card is just too sweet! Did you cut out the window part? Very impressive!

joni h said...

another cute creation! you're awesome. I love your coloring!

mycardz said...

Ooooo Jodi! This is just adorable! What a great idea to create this scene. I love it and the flower soft is sooo perfect ...Awesome card!! (as usual!) :)

MichelleO said...

Wow... just perfect! The flower soft looks great as window boxes for the window.
HUGS
MichelleO

Candy said...

Absolutely delightful!! Great job on the window........
Hugs Candy

Vicky said...

this is so cute, jodi! love the window and sitting ava!

Riet said...

What beautiful Jodi.

Hugs Riet.x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now this is creative and fabulous. i'm speechless.

hugs,

Risa said...

Oh Jodi, your card is stunning! I love your window idea, the flowers are gorgeous and Ava is so pretty perched on the window box!
hugs
Risa:)

scrappyjan said...

JODI!!!! WOW!!! what a great ans cleaver card!!! very cute! janny

Lorna said...

Such a darling card!

Islander Girl said...

Oooh Jodi, this is soo pretty! I love the wings, the window and how you opened it up! You are one talented lady!!!

Summerthyme Studio said...

JOdi, this is beautiful!!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!!! Now this is totally stunning!! That window is adorable, but I have to say not as adorable as the sweetie in the middle of it!! :) Love the sparkle and coloring!! TFS!

Susan said...

I love her! The window is fabulous and I can't wait to get it! These are quickly becoming some of my favorite stamps. Ava is so sweet sitting there and I love how you did her dress. You know me, you can never sparkle too much!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Nicola said...

Wow Jodi she is so beautiful and you have coloured her to perfection. What an awesome detail that window is.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS