Friday, June 5, 2009

Mod Girl

It's Aloha Friday!! We can finally start to think about the weekend and relax. Today I have a card for you that is part of a new stamp set from Hanna Stamps. She is one of my favorites from this set. This card was created based upon a challenge hosted by Cindy Haffner which is to use pink, burgundy and to use circles or polka dots on your card. =)
So I used both circles and polka dots, then I remembered that I had grosgrain burgundy ribbon and had to incorporate that in the challenge. I also wanted to add some kind of sparkle to the card so I added some bling around my image. After adding that, I still felt that it was rather plain but after trying all kinds of embellishments, it was best that I left it as is.
As I was coloring I wanted to give her dress the effect that it was made out of suede. So, I tried that and I think it turned out ok. ( let me know what you think). If you'd like to join in on the challenge fun, click HERE. Hope all of you have a wonderful day!
Card Details:
Paper: Pink Pirouette CS, Bravo Burgundy CS, Neenah White CS, Pink Pirouette DSP
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Circle Punches, nestabilities, bling, burgundy grosgrain ribbon

15 comments:

Tonya said...

Very cute!

Nicola said...

Fab image and so expertly coloured Jodi, love the texture of her dress and your gorgeous bling.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Danni said...

So fun!!

Rita said...

Another gorgeous card Jodi!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

What a great card. Such fun with all those polka dots.

scrappyjan said...

Jodi, that Jessica stamp is to die for!!! You have done a very nice job putting both of your cards together... Your coloring is GREAT!! janny

Silli said...

perfect!

Claudia Rosa said...

aaaahhhh.. Jodi this is stinking cute!!!
have a great weekend
love claudia

Summerthyme Studio said...

She's AWESOME Jodi!

Crystal said...

Jodi SUPER CUTE!!! oh my I love her dress and the bling!

Kyoko said...

Such a cute card! I love how sassy she looks with all that bling! LOVE IT!

Suzanne J Dean said...

This is groovy fab--reminds me of some old pics I have of my mom in her Go-Go boots, LOL! Lovin' it!

hugz,
Suzanne

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous!!
Jodi, I think you struck the perfect balance here! My eye goes directly to that beautifully colored polka dot dress! The bling is perfect too...just a fabulous card!
I hope you're enjoying your weekend!
Blessings, Maria

I was thinking of you this past week! My BIL was offered a position in a hosp. in Hawaii and after giving it a lot of thought, turned it down to stay in his current position (in Arizona)that he really likes. This past week, he found out his position has been eliminated due to budget cuts! He was devastated. I'm not sure at this point if he'll reconsider moving or if anything is avail. anymore! It's a sad situation right now, though I know with his education, he really does have options!
We visit them every May and I'd have no problem visiting them in Hawaii! :)

Maria said...

Wow, that new Hanna is so cool looking!! I love it. . .it makes for a fabulous girlfriend card. Love the bling and the pretty pink colors. Perfect for the image.

Hey. . .I was having problems with my site again. . it has to do with Internet Explorer 8. Uggh! I fixed it by removing my "followers" list. Blogger said that for some IE8 users, it causes a problem.

Maria

Tammy said...

Love it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS