Friday, June 26, 2009

Howdy Partner

Good morning and Happy Aloha Friday! It's time for another chance to win something over on the In Style Stamps blog. Click on over to find out the details. Today I have for you a project using a new digital image of this cute cowboy! Notice how the country/western theme has come forward pretty quick in the stamp world? I think it's cute, especially if you need to make something for a guy. The project I made for today is a desk calendar made with some chipboard. I simply covered the 2 pieces with some designer paper and chose a few things to embellish with. Then I added the calendar and my colored cowboy image.
I then added a few pieces of post-it notes next to him. The reason I added that is because his hand is made into a gun shape like he is pointing to something. Since this paper is to jot down some little messages, he is pointing to show you what you've written there. (Hope that makes sense). lol. Anyway today is the blog hop and to view the rest of the creations by the rest of the design team, just click on their names below. Then after you have viewed them all, go to the ISS blog and vote for your favorite one! The DT member who wins will get something from Virginia, and if you participate you are eligible to win something too!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to play in the challenge with us and I would love to have your vote too!
Supplies:
Paper: Chocolate Chip CS, Real Red CS, Creamy Caramel CS, Urban Garden DSP
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Star punch, circle punch, calendar, chocolate grosgrain ribbon, post-it notes

38 comments:

Vicky said...

What a cool project! I just love this :)

Melissa said...

What a great idea for a calendar! Too cute!

Risa said...

Jodi your card and calendar are both fantastic! Nate is colored in beautifully and your eye for details is amazing! I love it!!
hugs
Risa:)

MichelleO said...

What a smart idea! and so perfect with the image! Really love it!
HUGS
MichelleO

mycardz said...

Soooo cute Jodi!! What a great idea for this image, which BTW, you've colored amazingly! I love the post it notes, I'm always hunting for them on my desk! Awesome job on this challenge! :)
hugz, Mary

Michele said...

Cute calendar project, and love where you put the Post It Notes! Have a great weekend.

joni h said...

Awesome! Love your coloring and your color combo.

shortyrose said...

It's a very wonderfull work. I like it very much!!!

Greetings from Germany
shortyrose

Christine said...

Very creative! What a great project. There are a lot of cowboys coming around.

Blessings,
Christine

Rita said...

Adorable!

Nicki said...

Cor WOW this is brill, love that image, beautifully coloured, fab idea too!
Nicki
x

Nancy said...

This is so great, Jodi:O) He is adorable, I love it!
Hugs, Nancy.

Islander Girl said...

Oooh, oh so cute!!!! The calendar idea is awesome!

Hope you're having a great day!

Did you get my email? I sent you a list of Hanna stamps that I have.

Summerthyme Studio said...

Jodi,I love your project! Absolutely adorable. ADORABLE.............

Nicola said...

Fantastic project and colouring of this cool dude. Think I will have to try this myself Jodi as it is so useful as well as awesome.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

cats whiskers said...

This is just stunning dear what a fabulous image and great colouring, have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous Jodi! Love that he's pointing to that important note spot! You're brilliant! This was a really great idea! Sweet image, must check them out!
take care
blessings, Maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

super, super fantastic!

hugs,

Claudia Rosa said...

super cute project jodi

Sheri said...

How sweet would this be on a desk! I love this.

Kim said...

Jodi that is AMAZING! What a fun creation hun! I love it!!! I so need to make me one of those for my desk! Nate is colored to perfection! Woo-Hoo!!! Beautiful work hun!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Maria said...

Ooh love that chipboard calendar and that cute ISS image. It's definitely adorable, Jodi! I love calendar projects.. .they're so fun. Awesome job on your coloring!!

Maria

Kyoko said...

Oh Jodi your calendar is FAB! I just love what you did with the chipboard ... so super creative!

Denise said...

Jodi,
This is one cute project!!! Love what you did with the adorable cowboy.

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute project Jodi. Love the image and your coloring on him is just stunning!
Hugs,
Cabio

Kim Y. said...

really great idea, Jodi! Got my vote! :)

Crazy Creations said...

GREAT IDEA WITH YOUR STAMP TO CUTE

Nunt said...

Again you blow my mind away! Such a versatile project!

xx,
nunt

eunice said...

These blog hops over at ISS are so much fun! I really enjoy seeing what the rest of the design team comes up with. Love your project, Jodi... you got my vote, of course! :)

I'm Crystal said...

Super cute!!!

Riet said...

What beautiful Jodi.

Hugs Riet.x

Dawne said...

That's a nice calendar and that cowboy is cute! I like how you colored him. You designed the calendar soo nice!

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Wow,this is totally awesome Jode! Love the cool image and your fab colouring!
Hugs
Carole x

Jane Wetzel said...

this is adorable!

Jamee said...

That is such a cute project!!!

Ann said...

Super cute idea!

Cathy said...

Jodi, this is a great project!! I love it!! I think the western theme is cute too. Great job!

Hugs, Cathy

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! How very clever!! This is just awesome!! ;) TFS!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS