Friday, June 19, 2009

Hanna Time & OCS

Happy Aloha Friday everyone, it's time for another challenge with Hanna Stamps! Here is one of my favorite sets that I just had to create with for the challenge. This week the challenge is to create with stars or stripes. So, I have used some striped designer paper and just because I didn't want to distract from the scene I have not added any stars the the background... instead I had drawn 2 white stars on her bike! It just didn't seem right to add more than the silver brads in each of the 4 corners and as I look at it again, I probably should have added something more. Oh well, you can't win 'em all! =)
I have created a background where it appears as a sunset. In case you're wondering why is appears to be some white areas in the sky, that is because I wanted it to have the effect of broken clouds in the sky. I tried to get the clouds to have some texture and did all of this with my copic airbrush system. I just love this! It gives all kinds of wonderful dimension. Come and join us for the fun HERE and remember you have until Saturday June 20th to apply for a guest designer position with Hanna Stamps. Just click HERE for the details.
Next, I have a very cute card created for the one card swap. This card was created by my sweet friend Teri! Not only did she create this card, but she is also the founder of the one card swap!
What is the one card swap you ask?? Well, all you do is be sure to check out for the posting when Teri says it's time to sign up, leave a comment, and she will email you with the person you are paired with for the month. Hope all of you are having a wonderful friday and are getting ready to have a fun filled Father's Day weekend with your Dad! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Card Details:
Paper: Basic black CS, Neenah CS, Maine Blueberry DSP
Inks: Copics

34 comments:

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Both cards are beautiful, so cute!
Have a nice weekend, Jacqueline

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I love those strips on the first one card. it's just perfect with that awesome image you created.

the 2d card is beautiful. i so love pink.

hugs,

joey said...

Hiya Jodi,

awesome image! I love her :O) your colourwork is stunning.

Joey.x

Kyoko said...

Hey Jodi! Vroom, vroom, off she goes ... LOVE YOUR CARD! What a cute OCS from Teri ... don't you just love playing the OCS! No stress... Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Kyoko

joni h said...

I love the blue card! I like the black accent too! Your card from Teri is so cute too.

Michele said...

I like the way your sunset background came out. Great job on both cards! Have a great weekend.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

These are both really awesome cards!! I LOVE the way you've colored biker Hanna though!! So sweet!! :)

Risa said...

Both of your cards are beautiful Jodi!
hugs
Risa:)

Nancy said...

Great go on the challenge, Jodi:O) Beautiful background, and that image is so cooool!
Pop over to my blog, I have a little something waiting for you:O) Hope you like it.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Nancy.

Islander Girl said...

I love the Hanna card! Before TGF stamps I collected Hanna stamps...man, I need to use them! Thanks for the push!!!

BTW, I love the simplicity of your card, adding more would take away from the image!!! Great job as usual!

Have a great weekend!

BTW, how's the puppy? You need to post an updated pic!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love Hanna, and love your other card toooo!!!

Mary(OhioMary) said...

Great job with the challenge and your coloring is gorgeous!

Nicki said...

These are FAB Jodi, love the little pink one, sooo cute! and the biker girl - totally brill!
take care
Nicki
x

Nancy said...

Jodi, both of these cards are dynamite!! I love them especially the Hanna on the motorcycle! Awesome image!!

Joy said...

love that girl riding her bike! I love how you did your background! you need to share your secret techniques! I like learn =) love that nesties too! love how you used those two stars...it's perfect! love your OCS too! that's just too cute! I thought about it and what if no one else signs up and we end up having swapped with everyone on the list? oh wells!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer girl!! Two awesome creations!! Love your pink frilly type card and your Hannah on the motorcycle. Love those stripes and your fab coloring!! Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Jamee said...

Great cards. I like how the copic airbrush comes out. Maybe I should start bugging my mom to get it? haha

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! Sorry I've been MIA. . gawd. . life is so busy nowadays! Ugggh!

Love your Hanna card. . .I love that label shape. .and wow, great job with the background and coloring! Very pretty colors too!

Hope you had a fantastic Aloha Friday!

maria

Maria said...

Oh I forgot to add. . .Teri's card is adorable. Love all the pink!

Maria

Lia said...

beautiful cards you made jodi
hugs Lia

Teri said...

What a fantastic Hanna card! I would love for you to teach us how to use the air brush system...maybe we all need to get one! haha! Glad you liked the Wild Things card...it reminded me of you cuz you're such a sweet friend to me!! xoxo, Teri

papercraftsbyrach said...

fab cards Jodi. hugs rachxx

Silli said...

Hello Jodi, both cards are so very beautiful. I love your coloring! Hugs and happy day. Silke

Rita said...

I love what you did with this Hanna card Jodi! The background sunset effect is awesome & does look like its moving as she is driving (in my mind) her awesome bike!!! It's all about visual & I think you nailed it girl!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What great cards! Love the color themes of both and the way you used your nestabilities...beautiful.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Fab cards Jodi, beautifully coloured and i love the great designs. Hope you have a great weekend. hugs Nikki x

Cami said...

Wow! Both cards are beautifully created and your coloring is just awesome! You never cease to amaze me with your talent Jodi! Cami

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Jodi,l love the images and papers.

hugs Riet.x

Pineapple Cove said...

Love the airbush technique you used with the copics...what a perfect background for your card!

ManLe

Gracie said...

Beautiful cards! The Hanna image rocks! =)

cabio's craft corner said...

Jodi, the Hanna card is so cute. I don't have any Hanna stamps, but this image is cute. Love the dusty scene that made this card theme stood out even more. No doubt about your wonderful coloring too. Also, Teri's card is so adorable. Love the Greeting Farm images!
Hugs,
Cabio

Ann said...

Both are fabulous cards!!!

Andrea, said...

Oh these are wonderful. I love the image of the girl on the bike

Nicola said...

Fabulous cards Jodi, fantastic images and colouring and your papers and layouts are super.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS