Monday, June 22, 2009

Halfway to the Holidays

Yes, it's just about 6 months more until Christmas! If you have not started making Christmas cards, this is a great time to do so. This week's challenge is an open challenge on Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, so you can create anything you want. Here is the card I made for this week's challenge.
This is an image from Whipper Snapper Designs. They have very cute stamps and sentiments. The sentiment that I used is from Stampin' Up. Besides celebrating my Dad for Father's Day I found some time to clean out a part of my craft room and decided to work on the drawers of printed papers and stumbled upon these you see here. This is paper from Stampin' Up called Holiday Thyme. This is probably one of the first set of papers using the first set of In Colors. I was surprised that I still had this since it was just a great combination of colors. Usually I will use it up if it's something I really like.
Anyway please be sure to upload your card so we can see your awesome creation to this week's posting that you can find HERE. You can also view the awesome creations that the rest of the design team has created HERE.
Last but not least, this is my card that I sent to Teri for the one card swap. I just had to use this cutie! For those of you who are not familiar with this image, she is from a company called Hanglar stamps. These are not available anywhere except Sweden and I was so lucky to have gotten several!! (Thank you to a special friend!) Since I received my stamps this has been only the first time using them. I think I got my first one earlier this year so it has been a while... lol.
I sure hope that Teri likes her card. =)
Here she is in a different view. Lately I have been using my dew drops quite a bit, not sure why but I seemed to be hooked on them for some odd reason. Hope all of you had a great weekend! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and leaving a comment, it really means so much! Here are the details for both cards.
Card#1:
Stamp: Whipper Snapper Designs, Stampin'Up
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Neenah CS, Holiday Thyme DSP (Retired from SU)
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Dew Drops, Stickles
Card#2:
Stamp: Hanglar
Paper: Brocade Blue CS, Neenah CS, and Ginger Blossom DSP (Retired from SU)
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Dew Drops, Copic Airbrush System, Nestabilities, So Saffron Grosgrain ribbon

28 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

Fab cards - really must do some more xmas cards - 6 months - what a thought!
Sarah

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! awesome cards. that paper on the winter card is fabulous. i totally understand why you kept it around.

hugs,

Sharon Caudle said...

they're both fabulous, Jodi! I love the way you did the panels on the first card. The colors are yummy and that image is way too cute! I was just saying last week on the 15th, that we can start counting down to Christmas now, cause we were halfway through the year.
Your second card is sooooo CUTE! I love the Hanglar images and you are very lucky to have received some of those stamps. I've been desperately trying! LOL! You colored her beautifully. Love it!

Claudia Rosa said...

This is gorgeous dear Jodi. Love the layout and the colours you've used just so very pretty.

Thank you sweetie also for ALWAYS leaving me the sweetest comments on my blog.

sweetie did you get my email from yesterday? bea checked and she told me that your card is linked on the blog!
Hugs Claudia

CraftyC said...

Both gorgeous cards Jodi but I do love the christmas one, very cute.
Clairex

scrappyjan said...

Jodi, fabulous cards, I really love that little christmas card at the top SO CUTE!! Have a great week, janny

Berenice said...

Lovely cards :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWWW!! These creations are so very sweet!! I love the pile!! :)

Maria said...

Awesome job with the christmas challenge, Jodi! I love these open challenges. . I should do it at least once a month! LOL! That WS image is stinking cute. Love your color combo and that pretty dp.

YOur second card to Teri is a cutie. She will definitely love it. I look at all the cute images and want to buy them all! LOL! Awesome job on your coloring too!

Maria

joni h said...

great cards! I like how the girl looks like she's sitting on a window sill with her legs hanging out - so realistic! Like that background paper! Like the xmas one too! Whipper Snapper images are so cute!

Crystal said...

Jodi these are fantastic cards...love them!

My Simple Crafts said...

These are absolutely awesome! I love your cards!!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Cute Christmas card! With how this year has been going so far, Christmas will be here in no time. TFS and hugs!

Nicki said...

Oh NO! tell me its not really half way already! wheres the year gone? love your cards, they are so adorable, lovely layouts and colours and the sweetest images too
Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog too
Nicki
x

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Both card are lovely, wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Jodi.

Hugs Riet.x

Joy said...

can't believe you are keeping up with the Christmas challenge, but you did a sweet job! I love whipper snapper designs too! awe...I love that hanglar stanglar stamp! she is so sweet! I am so into stamps/images that are sitting! I think there are endless things you can do with them! love it! TFS and have a wonderful week!

Christine said...

Great cards! I especially like that Christmas card!

Blessings,
Christine

Iris said...

Both cards are so beautiful Jodi! You are so right it is never early enough to start making Christmas cards. Can't believe it is only 6 month away....feels like I just put all my Christmas decorations in the attic yesterday, lol! And I'm sure your friend will be thrilled receiving that absolutely adorable Hanglar card!

Islander Girl said...

Both cards are beautiful! Girl I feel the pressure is on now that you mentioned 6 more months till Christmas!!! Ugh! LOL! I haven't figured out what I'll be making!

Any how, great inspirations to add to my favorites!

cabio's craft corner said...

Your Chirstmas card is fantastic. It's unlike most of the elegant Christmas card. I like that the way you did is more in a cute way (makes X'mas season extra fun).
The card you made for Teri is very sweet. She is going to love it!
Hugs,
Cabio

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love your Christmas card!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer girl!! You have been busy!!1 I love your adorable Christmas card that image is sooooooo cute and you colored it beautifully!! I also love your beautiful Hanglar creation!! So beautifully colored and layed out!! You are such an inspiration Jodi!!

Hope all is well!! I have been busy making cards trying to get ahead before having a ton of company this weekend and then going on vacation for 2 weeks. I finally will be posting another ROP challenge card tomorrow. A little behind but still on time right?

hugs,
Chris

Jamee said...

that snowman image is so adorable!!! great cards!

Risa said...

Both of your cards are awesome Jodi!
The DP and layouts are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Claudia Rosa said...

hallo Jodi,
you have made my smile thank you so much for your kind comments.

you know.. i loooove halloween too probably becasue we do not celebrate this so much in germany.. we have more kind of a marti gra thing in Febuary. I never disguise myself but i just love it hahaha..
hugs
claudia

eunice said...

Oh, this is so sweet! These Hanglar images are always the cutest ever. Can't get over how you make these come alive with your copics and soft colors...really beautiful!

Nicola said...

Woo hoo that chrissie card is awesome and those papers are delish. Your HS is so so sweet and she looks adorable sat there.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS