Tuesday, June 9, 2009

From the Heart

It's Flutterby Wednesday time! Butterflies always make me happy and so do Wednesdays, it tells me that I made it halfway through the week! This week our challenge is to create a card using a sketch and telling us where it came from. I did my card based upon a sketch from the
Just Magnolia Challenge. My sweet friend Rach has created this sketch.
This was a fun and easy sketch to use for the challenge. I love the brand new Wisteria papers from Basic Grey and just had to use it. Somehow this paper just reminds me of a wedding, I think because it's soft and sweet looking. I got to finally use this Tilda! Actually I have tons of Magnolia stamps that have been waiting to be used from last year. I got a supply of stuff that need to be used. Are any of you like that? I will get to them eventually, I'm in no rush.
When creating this card, I ended up coloring the image first and then choosing my papers. This is not my usual card making process. I will choose the stamp, paper and then color so that everything matches well. I got pretty lucky this time! After coloring I used my copic airbrush system for a little light behind Tilda and added some flowersoft to her basket of flowers. One thing I did to achieve that color of flowersoft was mix a little bit of green, blue and ivory. Then I used my copic pen and slightly colored the ivory for a little darker purple. I also ran 2 different ribbons around my card and the last thing added was the sentiment.
I hope you like this card and will give the Flutterby and Just Magnolia challenges a try. You still have a little time left. To check out what the rest of the Flutterby team has created, just click on their names below.
Thanks for stopping by and scroll down to see the new release from Pink Cat Studio.
Card Details:
Stamp: Magnolia Butterfly Collection, sentiment (stampin' up)
Paper: Basic Grey Wisteria, Neenah CS, Bordering Blue CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Prima Flowers, Lavendar Organdy Ribbon, Silver cord, Flower soft, slot punch,

30 comments:

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Jodi! Tilda is beautiful holding her basket of flowers and the DP is awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

scrappyjan said...

Stunning card!!! janny

papercraftsbyrach said...

so pretty Jodi, the papers are gorgeous and you have coloured tilda beautifully.. great take on the sketch sweetie. hugs rachxx

Tracy said...

Wow, that is such a beautiful card, and your colouring is gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lelia said...

Great job, Jodi! I couldn't find the butterfly, but the card is absolutely fab! I love your color combo with the flower soft...mine never turns out so well! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,l love the stamp and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Jodi this is beautiful Tilda is looking fantastic and love your colours.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Jodi, this is just stunning!! I love the colors and the added Flower Soft is just perfect!! :) TFS!

Danni said...

It's gorgeous but I couldn't find a fairy or butterfly...
Simply gorgeous though!

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Jodi, love your Tilda and wonderful colouring. Those papers are gorgeous and you have done Rach´s sketch proud.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful Jodi!! Love your colored Tilda with the Wisteria Paper!!! Gorgeous!! You creations always inspire me girl!!

I may be sending you an email tonight. Trying to figure out how to put the ROP Challenge badge on my blog.

hugs,
Chris

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautiful Jodi--I haven't used that stamp yet either, hee hee. Love the papers & flower soft you used!

hugz,
Suzanne

Tammy said...

So pretty. I love it.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous, fabulous, spectacular!! I love it, Jodi!! And, I agree, the Wisteria paper is fantastic!! Great job!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Jodi, this Magnolia is simply beautiful!! I just love the flower soft in her basket. Great touch.

cabio's craft corner said...

cute Tilda and great job on adding those Flower Soft on the basket. Made a great 3D effect!
Hugs,
Cabio

CrafteeCC (Cathy) said...

this is lovely - I just love the tonings!

Kyoko said...

Awww just PERFECT! Tilda never looked better and the paper goes perfectly!

Christine said...

Very pretty card. I need to get some more Tilda's. I love your choice of DPs!

Blessings,
Christine

Summerthyme Studio said...

This is scrumptious too!

Vicki

Nicki said...

This is lovely Jodi, really pretty
Nicki
x

Pam S. said...

so cute and pretty, love the coloring, colors and papers! adorable!
Pam Going Postal

Kim Piggott said...

Wow so beautiful!
Love your gorgeous colours and fabulous detail!
So amazing!
Thanks so much for joining us at Just Magnolia!
hugs
kim x

Rosette said...

I love this card Joi huny! All of them are lovely actually, but I like the softness this one has :)

Heather said...

Hey Jodi,

Great job on this the coloring is really pretty and the colors you choose are just fabulous.

I looked really hard for a Flutter By but I did not see one where is it hiding???

LOL!!!

You did a great job on your Flutter by card. I really do love that image!!! Have a great Thursday girl, Oh and I finally just got my Flutter By Card up yesterday was just too busy!!! But it is done and up now!!!

Heather

Bev said...

Fabulous card Jodi, such wonderful detail! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Tab said...

Beautiful card, such a sweet image and I love the colours you have used! Great take on the sketch too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Cathy said...

Ohhhhh I love this!!! She is adorable and that paper is so dreamy!! Really awesome!!

Hugs, Cathy

Maria said...

Hey Jodi!! Very pretty card! I love the pretty blue color that you used and Tilda is so darn cute! Beautiful job with your coloring too. Love the flowers that you added.

Sorry, I've been MIA. . .my graduated on Friday and it's been so busy prior to that! Now that it's summer. . .I'll have more time to play!!

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

Maria

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS