Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dad's Day...The InStyle Way

Good morning everyone! Hope you are well and enjoying your hump day! Today over on the InStyle stamps blog, we have a Wednesday Challenge. This week the theme is Father's Day. I'd like you to meet Trent. I am sure you have seen him for purchase in the store and never thought he could be used to create something for Father's Day... well, neither did I until a few hours ago. LOL!
Our good friends just delivered twin boys and have really got their hands full. Because it is her hubby's first Father's Day I decided to create something but with a little fun in it. I have cut out a takeout box from the Sizzix XL dies and colored and cut out Trent, then adhered him to the box. The coolest thing is that her hubby is really into mixed marital arts so this image is perfect!
The letters on the box were a set of sizzix letters I die cut and adhered it to the box.
Here is what the top looks like along with the things I have added. Now, because they are so busy I added a few menus and gift cards from various local restaurants around their home so they don't have to cook if they are just too busy. I am hoping that he will like this gift from us. =)
Thanks so much for stopping by and hope your day is going great!
Card Details:
Paper: Pacific Point CS, Baja Breeze CS
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Colored Wire (retired from SU), Sizzix XL Die-Take out box, Sizzlits Script letters

21 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! This is so stinkin' CUTE!! I love your clever design here and the little karate boy is adorable!! :)

Kim said...

Jodi that is super adorable! What a fantastic idea for a father's day present! I am sure your friend is going to love it!
Hugs~ Kim

Melissa said...

Very cute! I bet he'll love it!

Susan said...

How stinkin cute! Love the color and that image is too sweet. Great Father's Day gift and I'm know it's going to be loved! I love all the work you've been doing. Just fabulous! Don't know how you do it all!

Hugs to you,


Susan

Andrea said...

This is fabulous!! Love it.

Sarah-Jane said...

What a cool gift for any one, I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated
Thanks for the inspiration ;0)
Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

Riet said...

Wowww Jodi,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.x

Teri said...

What a great idea! I've always had my eye on that take out box, now I think I need to get it!! Love Trent and how wonderful of a gift for your friends. Something they will welcome, especially with twin boys!! Busy people appreciate gifts like this! xo, Teri

Cathy said...

Jodi, this is really cute!! I love the idea!! Great job!

Hugs,Cathy

Vicky said...

oh, this is just so cute & fun! what a fabulous idea and i'm sure will be very much appreciated by the new dad!

Joy said...

thank you so much for doing that...I didn't know how to work that chinese box...now I get it! cute stuff for dad's day! I wish I had something to make...but now I just get flowers to put next to his frame. Love how that karate guy is making his move! what a great gift! TFS!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

I love this stamp Jodi! Must get it! So cute! TFS!

Claudia Rosa said...

Oh jodi.. thats so stinkin' cute. what a fabulous idea :-)
hugs
claudia

Suzanne J Dean said...

Aww, how fabulous is this! I need more stamps like a hole in the head (lol) but my son does tae kwon do so I might have to get this one. Fun project--I love it!

hugz,
Suzanne

Curt in Carmel said...

My Gosh how sweet is this project. What a great idea to add a menu for the eatery the gift card is from. Very creative! Best, Curt

Tina said...

I love this idea. Not to cutesy - perfect for a guy.

Tammy said...

Such a cute idea!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jodi, hope you are well hunny, wow what a gorgeous project and im loving the karate kid imgage! great dad present. Hae a lovely day hunny hugs Linda x

Jill said...

fantastic gift box Jodi I love the image hugs Jill xx

Kyoko said...

I love your takeout box! You come up with the most FAB ideas on gifts! I'm sure they will really appreciate it.

Maggie Bob said...

What a thoughtful and useful gift, and so perfectly executed too - so adorable!

xx

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS