Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chocolate Anyone?

Hey everyone, hope your weekend is going great so far! Yesterday was the stamp expo here in Hawaii. I got a chance to spend some time with the ladies at TaJ Clubhouse which I have not seen in a very long time. I also saw Jen, Rina and got to meet Jenny. It was really great to meet up with everyone again ,and, Jenny it was great to finally meet you!! Here's the card I created using an image from Alota Rubberstamps. These are chocolote covered bugs. This reminds me of a friend from highschool who said that she had the opportunity to try some chocolate covered ants, and chocolate grasshoppers. I think she did try it while she and her family were off on vacation. I really can't ever imagine trying something like that.
You can see here that I actually had a chance to do a little bit of sewing. I also popped up the little cups they are sitting in. One more thing is that I stamped the first image in black, the second one in brown for the chocolate coming down and the fully covered bug. =) After all that, I added some crystal effects for the chocolate.
Last I added some dew drops for accents in various colors to make it look like different colored candies.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the weekend!
Paper: DCWV Sweet Stack, Bazzill Bling
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Dew Drops, Thread

28 comments:

Nancy said...

OH Jodi, this is amazing:O) What a cute image! Love your colouring. The chocolate looks shiny and real... Yummi....
Great card.
Have a super Sunday.
Hugs, Nancy.

ribenaruby said...

Fab card, beautiful stitching and those bugs look so much fun! Love it.

scrappyjan said...

THis image is so cute!! You have done an excellent job with your coloring. Very cute card.. janny

Berenice said...

Hi Jodi! Super cute card! :)
Have a very nice sunday!
P.S. Do you have a favorite color combo?
Berenice

Margie said...

WoW!!! Sooo cute! Love the way the chocolate looks like - so real!
Adorable card, Jodi!
TFS :*)

Danni said...

Cute card, made me giggle! LOL!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a cute card Jodi, really lovely.
I love the image you have used.
Jacqueline

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Jodi,what a beautiful card.
So beautiful stamp ,l love the colours and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Maria said...

Oh such a cute card and the image is adorable. Love the colors of your card. . very pretty color combo! I actually ate fried ants when I was little. They were mixed in with a dish and I didn't think anything of it. Uggggh! I just remember they were crunchy! LOL!

Maria

cats whiskers said...

Love the colours on this one sweetie and your colouring is just perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Marie said...

Wow, Jodi! Love your chocolate card! I am trying to learn how to sew... and it's so hard! Your stitches came out so perfect!

jennyv said...

I'm glad to finally meet you too. Did you do enough shopping at the expo. You got a good deal on those ribbons. I love polka dots ribbons too. I bought I lot of papers. That was all I needed fot making my next invitation project.Love that image. The chocolate looks so real. Looks yummy now I want to eat some chocolate maybe later after breakfast. Have a beautiful Sunday!

Jenny

Jill said...

wow Jodi this is stunning I love the images and your colouring is beautiful hugs Jill xx

Debbie said...

Oh Jodi, what a fun card, and right up my alley since I am a chocoholic. nothing like a piece of chocolate to brighten my day..

Vicki said...

Oh fab card Jodi, I just love that stamp!

Vicki x

Jamee said...

aaawww that image is so adorable!!!

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! Darn missed the stamp expo again ... too busy playing taxi for the kids! This card is so cute and I LOVE how you added the crystal effects to the chocolate.

Take Care and Hugs,
Kyoko

Gram E. Bear said...

Yummy enough to eat comes to mind, I'll pass too. Cute image however. Great job coloring. The chocolate is so shinny. {{{hugs}}}

Lorna said...

This card is too too cute! Those bugs are adorable and the chocolate...so so lifelike!

Rosette said...

They are simply gorgeously yummy Jod!! :) lol love the Alota bugs :)

joni h said...

altho' don't think that I'd actually try eating an ant or bug...yuck! BUT, your card is great! So yummy looking!

Teri said...

cute image jodi! love the sewing on the card! so much work! how lucky you were able to go to the rubberstamp expo...my weekend was too busy, but glad you got to see some friends!! hugs, Teri

Cathy said...

OMG these little bugs are sooo cute!!!! I love your card-the whole thing is just wonderful!! Hugs, Cathy

Nicki said...

this is brill Jodi, would never think of eating chocky covered ants tho! eugh! but card is brill, love it
Nicki
x

Curt in Carmel said...

OK, THIS IS MY MOST FAVORITE CARD OF YOURS!!!! OMG I LOVE this image and you colored it awesomely! I've spent at least 10 minutes looking at this card. SO CUTE! Best, Curt

Susan said...

Too sweet! I love your imagination with your cards. They look good enough to eat! Just adorable!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Nicola said...

Such an adorable image coloured to perfection Jodi and your stitching is a wonderfful detail. Love how you have popped those cups.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

eunice said...

This is so sweet! Great idea to use crystal laquer for the chocolate...looks yummy enuff to eat!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS