Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cherry Tilda

Here is my 3rd but last posting for the day. This is my card for the second challenge on the Old Magnolia Challenge Blog. The image chosen is Cherry Tilda. This Tilda was just perfect for the papers that I have wanted to use for a while, don't you think they were meant for each other? LOL. For those of you who aren't familiar with this challenge blog, all you have to do is check out the blog for the next Magnolia image to use and create a card or project then upload it to that posting for the week.
A new challenge will take place each Wednesday so stay tuned for a new one tomorrow. For my card I decided not to use a sketch from another challenge blog so I made up my own. I am rather pleased with the layout since it is not something too over embellished. I think because the paper has lots of detail already, not much else needs to be added to the card.
The one thing I did add were the rhinestones around the circle. This was just way too plain looking. Another fun thing I added and finally had a chance to use is my charm with cherries. The picture above this one is probably the best to see what the charm looks like.
If you'd like to post your creation using Cherry Tilda be sure to post it by today! Here are the details of the card.
Paper: Bazzill, Rockabilly Specialty DSP (SU)
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Silver Bling, Red Grosgrain ribbon, Cherry Charm, Pearls
Thanks for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!

15 comments:

Kim Y. said...

Oh she is just so cute sitting there with all those cherries! You even got a cherry charm! CUTE!

Nunt said...

I love the color scheme you made on this :)
xx,
nunt

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome....what else can I say. The colours and design are ace. Tilda looks just fab and that cherry charm is ...wow...just finishes it off beautifully.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kyoko said...

LOVE your Cherry Tilda card! The colors all go perfectly! TFS!

Barb Hardeman said...

What an adorable card! Your little cherry charm is so perfect with your Cherry Tilda. Great job on the hair too! Black hair is so hard, but you did an excellent job...

Tracy said...

Oh So SO Gorgeous, My favourite colour RED, and a beautiful image. Your layout is so lovely.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Riet said...

Beautiful card Jodi,l love the papers and image.

Hugs Riet.x

cabio's craft corner said...

my Jodi, love your sweet Tilda with the matching DP. Black & read seem to go very well. PS. do you ever take a break???
Hugs,
Cabio

Ramona Michaluk said...

WOW, what a stunning card - just love Tilda sitting among all those cherries ! Great colours and layout - love it!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Jodi, this is so very precious!! I adore the cherry theme here!! ;)

Susan said...

Too sweet! I love this Tilda and believe it or not, I've never done her up. Love the papers and I agree, she doesn't need much embellishments.

Hugs to you,

Susan

Claudia Rosa said...

what a super cute card jodi
i love how you have colored her hair. excellent
thank you for joining us
hugs
claudia

Nicola said...

Wow what a stunning card Jodi. Tilda looks fabulous and your colouring is superb - super duper layout too and your paper and rhinestones are gorgeous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Sandy Hulsart said...

Oh, what a cutie, I love the red and black combination. I particularly like the striped paper behind Tilda, a wonderful card.

Here is a tip for you, once you cut Tilda out, from the BACK side, color the edges of the paper with a black marker. It will help to hide any white areas from a not so precise cut or fill in where you cut off too much outline. But always work from the back in case you slip with your marker, you don't want to ruin your Tilda. A Tombow marker works best as it has a nice pointed brush tip. Don't use your Copic marker, the black will bleed quickly to the front.

Happy Stamping.

Lavender Rose said...

This really caught my eye, such a pretty card, beautifully crafted!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS