Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Butterflies and Stars

Happy Wednesday! I hope all of you are doing well and keeping cool in this crazy hot and humid weather. It's a great thing that the idea for a swimming pool came through, otherwise we'd all be taking cold showers all day long. lol. Anyway, it's Flutterby Wednesday so bring out your butterfly and fairy stamps and start stamping. This is challenge #62 and is an open challenge which means you can go to town with your card.
I have decided to go simple this time around so, I decided to choose a stamp from The Greeting Farm since to me they don't require a lot of embellishing and detail when placed on a card. I love these fairies and all the rest of the stamps from this line. One of the things I like about this card is the color combo, it's definitely one of my favorites. =)
To participate in Flutterby Wednesdays, click HERE and post your card by next Tuesday and a new Challenge and winner will be announced Wednesday. To view what the rest of the DT has created click HERE.
Today over at In Style Stamps, it's time for another Wednesday Challenge! The challenge this week is to create a card or project using an image from ISS, and add some stitching. It can be handstitched, sewn or drawn.
Since I already had my sewing machine out for a previous card I made, I chose to sew on my card and even made it point to change the color of the thread for an added effct. Hope all is well and have a great day!
Here are the card details:
Butterfly card
Stamp: The Greeting Farm
Paper: Playshop cardstock, Chocolate Chip CS, The Greeting Farm DSP.
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, celery grosgrain ribbon, pearls
Star card
Stamp: Digital Image of Deb
Paper: Pacific Point, Real Red CS, Neenah CS,
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, Star punches, silver liquid pearls,thread
Many thanks for stopping by and for your comments, they are truly what keeps me going!

38 comments:

Denise said...

Very pretty cards Jodi. I love that fairy one, that is my favorite image. I guess I like fairy images because it reminds me of Tinkerbell!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are fabulous. i'm jealous you can sew like that! just gorgeous.

hugs,

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Jodi,l love the images and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are fab, Jodi! Even your simple is gorgeous! Love your coloring! Your sewing is fab! Great colors and images!
hugs,
Chris

Berenice said...

Lovely cards! I love the fairy stamp from The Greeting Farm is super cute. Thanks for sharing :)

joni h said...

Cute! I agree that you don't need lots of embellishing with TGF images. They really come to life once you color them. Like how you used the nesties!

Danni said...

Both cards are wonderful! Really like Fairy Chloe, so cute!

Andrea said...

Hi Jodi!! So pretty. I love the cards and I especially like the fairy card. :)

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Both cards are really beautiful, super.
Jacqueline

Kim Y. said...

How cute, Jodi! Sometimes I like to go simple too. I love fairies!

Cheryl said...

Wow! That is such a cute fairy stamp!!! I love that card and your coloring is so perfect.

Joy said...

you go girl! you always are on top of things! so amazing! cute cards for these challenges! if we do a get together...besides copic blending, can you teach me how to sew on a card? it really does add to a card! I am going to try again to shop at 7 kids...wish me good-luck! have a great day!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous cards, Jodi:O) Cute images, great colours.
Hugs, Nancy.

Nancy said...

Jodi, both of your cards are fabulous!! I love your fairy card...isn't she the cutest image. And the sass on the other card is fantastic!! Love them both!

Cathy said...

These cards are super cute Jodi!! I love that fairy and all those stars!! Very cute!!

Hugs,Cathy

Tammy said...

Two super great cards. You know I LOVE the fairy!! They Instyle card is great as well! Nice Job!

Christine said...

Your cards are lovely. I'm always to lazy to sew on my cards. I need a place where I can keep my sewing machine out.

Blessings,
Christine

Islander Girl said...

Love both cards!!! Especially Fairy Chloe! I need to craft today!

Michelle said...

Great cards!! Your flutter by card is so cute!! and you're right it's a great color combo.

Totally understand about the heat - it's up in the high 90's with heat indexes in the 100's and very humid...my daughter and I are begging my hubby to get the pool up as we need to cool off!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

wonderful cards today...I love the orange and green together on the fairy.

Sharon Caudle said...

Both cards are fabulous, Jodi! Love that adoarable little fairy, and that second card just popped right out at me! LOVE it! Those stars and the image are just awesome! hugs!

Melissa said...

Jodi, these are wonderful! The little fairy is adorable, and I love all the stars on your ISS card! You should do a sewing tutorial - I can never get my stitches to come out straight on paper.

Sassy Scrapin' said...

Jodi...pretty cards! I love the colors on that first one!

Claudia Rosa said...

Hi dear Jodi,
Those are just super cute cards, Great colors on DP and cute coloring on the images!
Hugs,
Claudia

Kyoko said...

LOVE your cards Jodi! Boy you must have so many ideas stored in your head ... very impressive! I cannot think straight in this HEAT!

cabio's craft corner said...

Two cute cards in a row, Jodi. Cute images and lovely layouts, simple yet fabulous!
Hugs,
Cabio

Teri said...

Love your fairy card. The color combo is a pretty one too!! hugs, Teri

Nicola said...

Wow Jodi these are gorgeous cards. I adore your fairy and the lovely colour combo and the stitched detail on 2nd is awesome. Your cards are always so fresh and inspiring.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Jacque said...

Jodi, you are a busy girl!!! Both cards are so precious...love them...great coloring too...Hugs..Jacque

Summerthyme Studio said...

Cute cards chickie!!!!


Vicki

Maria Matter said...

Jodi, you're amazing! These are just fabulous! I can tell you had fun playing with all these shapes! Excellent job with your stitching!!! Wow!
Hope you're having a super day!
Blessings, Maria

Kim Y. said...

An Award is waiting for you to pick up at my blog, Jodi. Stop by! Your Award.

Enjoy and have a great day, Jodi!

Kim

Nicki said...

These are FAB Jodi, such cute images,
Nicki
x

Heather said...

OH MY GRACIOUS! your cards are amazing! Life got to me and I have not been blog hopping much until recently ... but I sure have missed your amazing cards. you just keep getting more and more amazing :) hope you and your hubby are well. Have a beautiful weekend.

Rachel said...

These are such pretty cards!!
hugs,
Rachel

Lelia said...

Jodi, I just love that first card. I may have to try that color combo. :O) FANTASTIC!

Hugs,
Lelia

Cami said...

Two great cards, Jodi! I especially like the butterfly card as it is simple but very pretty and the TGF fairy is so cute and you need nothing else like you said. I love your coloring and that color combo is very beautiful. Cami

Ashley said...

So pretty!!! I love both of these, Jodi!!! :)

Hugs,
Ashley
www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS