Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Bugs

Can you believe we are already in the month of June? Time really does fly by so quickly. The other night my hubby and I were just saying we can't believe it's June because soon we'll be married for 7 months. Yes you read it right, 7 months. (There really is no difference with dating and being married to each other). LOL! Anyway onto my card for today.
I have finally gotten some of these cute little bees from Alota Rubberstamps! This is a new stamp among many others and you can get them HERE.
I wasn't to sure how they would turn out since it's my first time using them but I think it turned out ok. I'd love to know what you think. =) I think it's a great stamp for birthdays of all ages, and sexes. Just change up the colors and it could even be for a holiday celebration like Christmas or Thanksgiving!
There is a new challenge for Alota Rubberstamps going on now on Paper Craft Planet, check it out and join in to win the prize! You have 2 weeks from yesterday to participate.
If you have a chance you may also want to check out the blog candy going on over at Tammy's and the blog candy over on Carole's. Hope all of you are getting off to a great start this week, have a wonderful day!
Card details:
Paper: Memory Box, Walk in the Park DSP, Pretty In Pink and White CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Regal Rose ribbon, dew drops, Shimmerz, paper piercer and white gel pen.
Thanks for stopping by and for all of your inspiring comments.

35 comments:

Claudia Rosa said...

ooh... how cute!! love this card Jodi!!! fabulous pictures too.. i can totally see the shimmer on the wings.

why do you not live closer lol?
i NEED you here!!!!

:-)
hugs
claudia

Lia said...

lovely card jodi I love the bees
hugs Lia

Ksenia said...

ooh... so cute! Fantastic card!

Sharon Caudle said...

such a CUTE card, Jodi! I love those little bees!
hugs!
Sharon

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim said...

Jodi that is adorable! CONGRATS on your 7 mo. anniversary and you are totally right there is no difference in dating and being married except you have a pretty ring now! hee hee! Hubby and I just celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary on May 18th...it's so funny how fast time flies...it really seems like my wedding was only yesterday!
Hope you have a great week hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Rach said...

this is a gorgeous card jodi, great image and so beautifully coloured.

Nicki said...

Jodi, this is soooo cute! love that stamp, colouring is lovely and love their wings! love it all FAB!
thanks for following my blog and the lovely comments too, much appreciated xXx
Nicki
x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! This is just as sweet as can BEE!! (TEE!) I love the image!

CraftyC said...

OMG Jodi, I cant believe its been 7 months, I remember us talking about it back then. Wait till you get to 15yrs LOL. Fantastic card, I just adore this, so sweet
Clairex

Rita said...

Awe so darn cute!!!

Silli said...

Jodi, your card is so sweet. I love the cute image and the colors... Happy day for you!

Tammy said...

This is so cute and I'm loving the pink and green color scheme.

Teri said...

Awww, cute birthday bugs (bees)...I love the shiny wings! Such a cute image and I just love your card! xoxo, Teri

Denise said...

Very cute!! Love their glittery wings.

Christine said...

This card is so cute. I'm going to go check out those stamps.

Blessings,
Christine

Iris said...

this is sooooo cute Jodi! You colored the bugs perfectly and I love the shimmer you put on their wings! I have to say I adore the Alota bugs, they are soooo stinkin cute!

Hugs,
Iris

Danni said...

Super cute!! Love everything about this!

Maria said...

Such a cute card! I love those bees and you colored them so beautifully. 7 months of happily wedded bliss? There was one thing that changed when I got married. . . I saved on gas. LOL!!

Maria

Emily said...

Jodi, your cute animal cards are to die for! I love how the one bee is ever so carefully lighting the candles. LOL Thank you so much for your kind words on my card for your PCS geometry challenge. I'm thrilled to have won! :D

Michelle Ueligitone said...

What little cuties! Love it!

Maria Matter said...

Jodi, this is an adorable image! You're right, I could see this used in a variety of ways!
Your card is fabulous, love the shimmer and colors!
Congrats on your 7 months! Wishing you many, many more!
Blessings, Maria

Kyoko said...

So cute Jodi! Congrats on your upcoming 7-month anniversary! SO SWEET!!!

Risa said...

Awww...your card is too cute Jodi! I love your image!!
hugs
Risa:)

Lorna said...

Cute card!! Happy almost 7 months of wedded bliss! :)

cabio said...

This is so sweet. these bees are super cute!
Hugs,
Cabio

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is too cute!!!!! I lvoe those bees!! I don't haave any of these stamps yet. I have been holding of due to a budget...but I may just have to break down now!! What a beautiful work of art, Jodi!
hugs,
Chris

Kimmie0270 said...

That stamp is adorable and I love the layout of your card!

Cathy said...

I love these bugs!!! They are so adorable!! Pretty, pretty card!!

Hugs, Cathy

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey said...

These bugs are adorable and what a cute card!!

Jill said...

stunning card Jodi love the papers, image and your layout absolutely gorgeous hugs Jill xx

Cami said...

How cute is this??!!! You can take any stamp and make it into a beautiful card or altered item, I swear! Hugs, Cami

My name is Wynneth said...

This card is so cute Jodi :0)

wynneth
x

Nicola said...

Wowee these are the cutest little bugs on the blog. Love your colouring and those wings shimmer so beautifully. Stunning creation sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS