Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Alota New Stuff Goin' On

Yesterday was a very busy and hectic day for me. Despite that, I was able to create a total of 3 cards! I never get to create that many in one day. Here are 2 of the 3 cards that I made to share with you today. They are both cards made with stamps from Alota Rubber stamps. I love these cute little bugs!

This first card is made with the stamp called Cutting Rose Bugs. This was a fun image to color and can be used for any occassion. This would make a great card for Mother's Day or a thinking of you card.
This is a close up of the bugs, and that I have added shimmerz to their wings to shine. I have also airbrushed the sky in the background as well as the grass.
My next card features another new stamp from Alota called The Sterner's. Here are those cute bugs again, and this time they are welcoming a brand new baby to the world. =) I decided to make this a card for a boy since one of my co-workers is expecting and will be having a boy!
Baby cards are another kind of card that is great to have a stash of.
Hope you're having a wonderful day!! Please scroll down to see the rest of tiday's
Card #1:
Paper: DCWV Nana's Nursery DSP for Baby Boys
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Shimmerz, Dew Drops, EK Success Scallop Punch
Here's a close up of the bugs and the wings covered with Shimmerz. I'd love to hear what you think about these cards and the images. Hope you are having a great day!
Card Details
Paper: Bazzill (yellow), Brocade Blue CS, Neenah CS
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, Shimmerz, Half Pearls
Thank you for the visit and love reading your dom

33 comments:

Iris said...

Your cards are so gorgeous Jodi and your coloring is perfect! I totally fell in love with these bugs from Alota, they are just too cute!

Wow 3 cards in one day, I wish I could manage ;-)

Hugs,
Iris

Kim Y. said...

Cute cutes, Jodi! I like those bees. Super adorable. I think I am going to check those stamps out. I don't have any yet.

Danni said...

Wonderful job, oh so cute!

ribenaruby said...

Love these bugs! Both of these cards are so beautiful.

Maria Matter said...

These are lovely Jodi! Beautifully colored! Those Alota bugs are just too sweet and that rose one is a gorgeous image!
Gosh, you get alot done when you're busy! lol Great job!
Blessings, Maria

Rita said...

Both cards are so darn cute Jodi & I luv that new nestie that you used on the second card! These images are adorable!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! Too sweet!! I Just love these alota bees!! Beautiful coloring!! ;)

joni h said...

Adorable! Love your coloring! That Shimmerz is great stuff too!

LINDA said...

These are both so cute.. Great coloring..Love the images..
Hugs, Linda

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! OMG, these images are sooo cute! Boy, your coloring is just PERFECT ... gotta take lessons one day. Have a great week!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Jodi,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Michele said...

These cards are so adorable! Your coloring is always so neat and perfect! Love it!!

Michele said...

Cute cards, and 3 in one day...awesome!

maxine said...

so cute, I love those stamps.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh they are just so adorable!
I love these gorgeous images and your designs and detail are just wonderful!
hugs
kim x

Ann said...

These bees are absolutely adorable, and I love the added sparkle on their wings!!!

Susie Sugar said...

OMG Breathtaking I love this card to bits it is fantastic darling you are so talented
Hugs Susie xx

Jamee said...

aw your cards are so cute!

Islander Girl said...

Oh I hear you on being busy! I'm exhausted and want to craft but finding the time is nearly impossible! I still have to send the email, maybe I can squeeze it in later before I head out for my weekly golf lesson...oh what fun! LOL! I promise to get it out to you before I leave for Japan!

Hope you're doing well and love the cards as usual! I don't know how you could do three in one night! I have a hard time doing one in one night! LOL!

Aloha!

Crystal said...

These are soooo cute Jodi!!! Love them both..ADORABLE!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both so cute Jodi!!! Love the little bees!! Super coloring!!!!! Another set of stamps for my wishlist. Good job getting 3 cards done. You feel like you accomplished a lot when that happens, don't you?

hugs,
Chris

Risa said...

Both cards are super cute and the images are adorable Jodi! Just when I think I have enough stamps, something new and tempting comes along. This viscous cycle never ends! *lol*
hugs
Risa:)

nicky w. said...

Aww...these are sooo cute!!! :o) Thanks for sharing them!

Allison said...

Wow...those images are huge! Look at all the coloring you did...great job! Love the baby card esp.!

Claudia Rosa said...

I'm totally in love with your cards , dear Jodi, they are absolutely wonderful!
Hugs, Claudia

Summerthyme Studio said...

These are beautiful.....love the sweet bees and the layouts!!!

Nicola said...

Wowzers these are awesome Jodi, I adore your images and your us of Copics. Such pretty papers and detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Cathy said...

These are so cute, Jodi!! I'm going to have to get some of those bugs!! Too cute!!

Hugs, Cathy

Nicki said...

Love it, really cute
Nicki
x

Teri said...

Great cards! I love those bugs too! That nestie die is really cute! xo, Teri

Cami said...

So many cute cards, Jodi! The coloring on these cards are just awesome! Love your style of blending. Very nicely done. Cami

cabio's craft corner said...

Those bees are so adorable and the design is just so sweet!
Hugs,
Cabio

cabio's craft corner said...

Those bees are so adorable and the design is just so sweet!
Hugs,
Cabio

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS