Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweet Teddy

The weekend is finally here, and I hope all of you are enjoying it! I have no set plans for the weekend but I sure hope to have some time to catch a good movie and relax. Lately I have been needing cards for newborns and usually have to create them at the very last minute. Luckily this year I had a stash of about 6 cards for newborn boys and girls!! I never have a stash of cards. Looks like this year is the year for the boys, with a couple of girls here and there. =)
With that said, I just made this card for a baby girl.
I just thought this teddy bear was the cutest!! He's cute and yet traditional. I had also made a card for a baby boy but had to give that one out even before I could take a picture of it to show you. Are you wondering where I got him from?? He is from Alota Rubberstamps!! There are also other cute stamps besides this bear for baby.
I really wanted to create a sweet, soft look for this card and had to go with pink and brown. I also kept it pretty clean and simple so the focus would remain on the bear. I had to choose accessories that were not going to be over powering him and went with a bow around the neck and added some light pink half pearls in each of the 4 corners and one on the bow.
Speaking of Alota Rubberstamps, head on over to Paper Craft Planet as the new challenge has started today! All you need to do is create a Father's Day card and upload it there. The winner will receive a wonderful prize from Helene at Alota. =)
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your weekend with me!
Stamps: Alota Rubberstamps
Paper: Pretty in Pink and White CS, SU Candy Lane DSP (retired)
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, Pink Organdy ribbon, Pink half pearls, Pink Pirouette Ribbon


21 comments:

Angie said...

Gorgeous,
Hugs
Angie

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is gorgeous. Love that teddy bear. He is the cutest and your coloring is superb!

Hugs,

Jill said...

absolutely beautiful Jodi, I adore the bear and those gorgeous papers hugs Jill xx

Chrissy's Creations said...

I love that teddy bear, so cute. Beautiful card.

Tammy said...

This is super cute! I'm loving how he doesn't fit in the oval and is handing out. So cute.
Great colors as well!

Jen said...

this is cute, Jodi! I love the pink..
Hugs,
Jen

joni h said...

wow! that looks like a real teddy bear! great baby card!

Riet said...

Ohhh Jodi,what a beautiful,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Rita said...

So cute! This teddy reminds me of the one my son had & carried every where! I don't know how many times I had to sew that bear's feet, the last time I did it I sewed patches on them!

Lia said...

great and stunning card
I love it
hugs Lia

Margie said...

Awww, what a sweet and huggable lil bear! Amazing coloring!
Beautiful card, Jodi :*)

LINDA said...

Adorable!! Love the darling little image..Great job..
Hugs, Linda

Danni said...

That bear is just precious! wonderful card!

Ann Kranitz said...

what a perfect baby girl card. I need to replenish my baby cards also. Something I dont make often enough.

Kyoko said...

Awww so sweet Jodi! The teddy bear is really cute and precious. I love the softy look of the card. Have a super great weekend!

Risa said...

Your card is so adorable and perfect Jodi! You colored in the teddy bear perfectly! I love your color combo as well..super great job!
hugs
Risa:)

Teri said...

Aww, this teddy is such a cutie! What a great baby girl card! Love the details you put into it! xo, Teri

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, love the cute bear and the pretty papers. Hugs Nikki x

Saskia said...

Sweet, sweet card!!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Claudia Rosa said...

what a cute baby card jodi!
please let me know when you recieve the daisy card

have a great weekend sweetie

Maria said...

Hey Jodi, wow, that bear is adorable. You colored it so nicely too. Love the pretty colors of your card too!! Perfect for a little girl!! Another awesome card! Love seeing all of them!

Maria

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS