Sunday, May 3, 2009

Shimmer and Shine

Hope all of you are doing well, since I was not in blogland this weekend I sure made up for it. I have 3 posts for today so, be sure to check them out. This week for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, Maria has an inspiration challenge for us. Create your card using anything that you can gather from this image below.
Here is what my card looks like after taking a couple of colors from it. These colors are my next favorite set of colors for Christmas aside of the traditional red and green.
The image I am using here is from Elzybells Stamps. Isn't she cute! I bought this stamp last year in hopes that I would use it then but you know how that goes. I actually have lots and lots of stamps that I have not used since I got them. But being able to create Christmas Cards during the year will help me to. Now I just have to find the time to use all of my other "non Christmas" stamps.
To view the other creations from the DT for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long scroll down on my side bar to the right. Thanks so much for starting your week with me!! Here are the card details:
Stamp: Elzybells
Paper: Pink Pirouette, DCWV The Christmas Stack, Neenah White CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, Ribbon

12 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

The card is gorgeous and I even like the inspiration picture too!

Hugs,

coldwaters2 said...

What a lovely colour for a Christmas card and that image is lovely.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Maria said...

Awesome job, Jodi!! You did a wonderful job with the color challenge. It's non-traditional but it sort of fun to create something different. That image is a cutie!! I love it! I'm the same way. . .I have a lot of stamps and I mean seriously a lot and I'm ashamed to say I haven't used half of them but I keep buying more! It's crazy!

As always, you made such a beautiful card. I love seeing them each week!

BTW. . I uploaded your card on the blog. It was on there so I did it for you!

Hope you have a fantastic week!

Maria

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Jodi.

Hugs Riet.x

Susan said...

She's just so fresh and wintery looking! Very fun! I also love that color combination for winter!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Berenice said...

Super cute card! I so love the image, Elzybells Stamps are adorable! TFS :)

Nancy said...

So cute! I love your card...there was lots to get inspiration from in the photo!!

Cathy said...

This is too cute!! Love your take on the challenge!! Great job!

Kyoko said...

Hi there! I love how you used the colors on your card ... so pretty!

joni h said...

I like the use of blue & pink for Christmas colors. Makes me want to go drink some hot cocoa! I have yet to indulge in the Elzybell & Anya stamps! Your cards are convincing me to go & get some!

Teri said...

Great take on the sketch! I'm getting motivated to think Christmas soon!! hugs, Teri

Michelle said...

CA-ute card! I have that stamp - maybe I should use it!! I keep forgetting about "winter" stamps for xmas as well...thanks for the inspiration!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS