Monday, May 25, 2009

Shake Your "Booties"

Hope all of you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend here in the U.S. It's Tuesday and back to work for all of us. I wish we always had a 3 day weekend, 2 days are just too short. Anyway, I have 2 posts for today and here is my first. It's a cute and sweet little pair of booties that can be used for any gender and can be found at Alota Rubber Stamps. Lately Alota has come up with several baby stamps that I have used and made to give to friends and relatives.
I really wanted this card to be able to be used for either a baby girl or baby boy. This way if the parents don't want to know the sex of their baby until delivery, you at least gave a card that was not specific. =) I decided to go with lavendar and green. I try not to use shades of purple just because it is one of the more difficult colors to work with. Lavendar and shades of purple used to be my most favorite color and has taken the back seat to pink for several years now.
I really enjoy making cards that have just an image of something simple, it allows you to play with the background a little more in terms of design. I was able to use my nestabilities for the focal piece, then my top note die behind it. I have also added some pretty lavendar pearls to all 4 corners of the card to give it a sweeter look. Be sure to check out Alota for their newest stamps!
Here are the details to my card:
Paper: DCWV Nursery (Baby Boy), Certainly Celery CS, Amethyst CS, White CS
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Ticket corner punch, Lavendar half pearls, nestabilities, cuttlebug folder
Thank you for stopping by and for all of your inspiring comments!! They really make my day!
Hugs, Jodi =)

14 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is adorable. I love the color and that image is the prettiest pair of booties I've ever seen!

Hugs,

Maria Matter said...

Lovely!!!!
This is a great shade of purple and the green oval was a great idea behind your top panel, you are just so creative my friend!
Another beautiful card Jodi!
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Blessings, Maria

Margie said...

Awwww, this is toooo cute!!! What an adorable pair of booties! Great coloring!
TFS :*)

marisa said...

Very cute Jodi! Love the image! Have a great day!! :)

Riet said...

Ohhhh Wowww Jodi,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colour.

Hugs Riet.x

joni h said...

another cute baby card! i like the pearl accents in the corners!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute card!! tfs!!

Heather said...

Jodi,

This baby bootie card is adorable I love it and I really love the papers and textures you used!!! Awesome way to use the top note!!!

Heather

coldwaters2 said...

This is just fabby love that image and your colouring and colour combo are great as always

Hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie said...

Love the booties.. and your layout is fantastic. and yes, I agree, we should have 3 day weekends more often.

Valerie said...

Hi Jodi,

This card is super adorable and sweet!

I hope all is well for you!

Hugs,
Valerie

Kyoko said...

The booties are too cute. You truly inspire me with all your FAB creations!

Teri said...

Love this bottie card! Great that you can use it for boy or girl and you're right, simple images can allow you to play up with the backgrounds! So akamai sister! xo, Teri

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! Such a cute baby card! Sorry I haven't been around this week. I need a bit of catching up to do. It's been rather busy here at home.

Love the pretty blue hues to your card. Beautiful job as always!

Maria

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS