Sunday, May 17, 2009

One For The Boys

It's time for another Roses on Paper Challenge ! For the next 2 weeks the challenge will be to create a card for a guy. I know I never seem to find it easy to create masculine cards so this was good challenge for me.
I decided to use Sheriff Ian since I have had him for a while and never used him for anything yet. He is a fun guy to color and create with. I was also able to use the rope ribbon that I got from Stampin Up a little while back. I think by using it I get a little more of that western look.
For a little dimension I cut out another hat and mounted it directly on the image. Next I added some jumbo eyelets and brads as an accent. To participate in the Roses On Paper Challenge Blog, click HERE. Thanks so much for stopping by and for all of your sweet and thoughtful comments that mean so much!
Here are my card details:
Paper: Close to Cocoa CS, Night of Navy CS, Maine Blueberry DSP (retired)
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Jumbo Eyelets, Vintage Brads, Rope Ribbon, Nestabilities

19 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So so adorable!! I just love masculine cards and this is just awesome!! Love the theme!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Jodi!
Your Ian card is too adorable! Love your coloring! Great boy card!
I just picked up some "boy" stamps on vacation and I'm so ready to get crafting again!
You've made such beautiful cards over the last few weeks, thanks for visiting my blog while I was away!
Many blessings, Maria

Janna said...

Jodi this is just perfect for any boy or man!!! You did a great job of coloring sheriff Ian in and the layout is awesome! But those Jumbo eyelets and cording is the perfect touch! I really want to try this! I am putting this one in my resources for later! such a great job!

Smiles,
janna

ribenaruby said...

Great card for any man. Love these Ian images, he's beautifully coloured and those eyelets create another dimension to the card. Fab creation!

Maria said...

Oh your Ian cowboy is too cool. I love how you colored his hat. The depth is awesome. Awesome job on your coloring. Love the rope thing that you did too. . .very creative.

Sorry. . i've been behind on my commenting. I cannot even begin to tell you how behind I am on life! Arggh! Terrible!!

Maria

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Jodi,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Susan said...

Oh, he's just too cute! Love the large eyelets and the rope is perfect for this lawman! Love him!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Joy said...

you always do great work and I love how you can figure out which thing to cut out and pop up! I can never figure it out and so I never do it...hahaha! love this "boy" card! never have any of those and need to start making some stuff for graduation! I wonder if I suggest to TGF lady to make one for soccer! hum...

Danni said...

A perfect card "for the boys"! Great job!

Ann Kranitz said...

This is a perfect card for a boy. Love that rope ribbon.

Tammy said...

This is super cute. I love the details with the twine.

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! WOW, perfect card for a male. I always have such a hard time with manly cards. Maybe I should try the challenge... TFS!

joni h said...

wowza! i like this boy's card! it's such a challenge to make them - for any age group! great job.

America said...

Oh, so totally adorable!!!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

This Ian cowboy is so cute! I love the eyelets, they really give the card a lot of dimension. It is always so hard to make the masculine cards, but you make it look so easy!

Danielle said...

Oh, this is just fab Jodie! I love what you've done on the card here - awesome boy card!
Hugs, Danielle

Rita said...

What an awesome looking boy card!

Teri said...

Your Sherriff Ian card is really cute. I love the rope you used on this one, really added a real "guy" touch to it. xo, Teri

Iris said...

Jodi your card is stunning and sooo perfect for a boy! Great job!!!

Hugs,
Iris

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS