Friday, May 22, 2009

A League of Her Own

It's Friday, and it's a long weekend!!! Did you plan out your weekend, and maybe include something new and fun to do? How about going out for a little bowling? I LOVE to bowl, it's fun and a great challenge. I know I will never be in a league or come home with trophies like my dad did when he was younger (I'm no where near that good! LOL!) but it's fun to do every so often. When I first saw this image of Barb from In Style Stamps, these were my first thoughts. =)
I wanted to make this card into something different and fun. So instead of going for a layout I drew and cut my own bowling pin and then traced it to create these pins as a background. To get the red stripes I simply cut red cardstock and glued it on.
The front pin is mounted on the other 2 pins and Barb is mounted on the front pin. (hope that makes sense..lol) I also added some crystal effects to the bowling ball to give it a realistic look. One thing I wasn't sure I wanted to do was add some glitter or a design to it just like some of the bowling balls out now so I kept it plain. Well whatever your plans are this memorial day weekend I hope you have lots of fun and take the time to remember those who served and continue to serve our country as well as our family. Have a wonderful Aloha Friday!!
Card details:
Paper: Basic Black, White and Riding Hood Red CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Crystal Effects, Dimensionals

28 comments:

Crystal said...

How cute and so creative!! what an adorable card!

Rach said...

what a fab card jodi, great design.x

Sharon Caudle said...

How cute is this!! I was a big bowler up until about 10 years ago, and I LOVE this card! Awesome design, Jodi! Have a wonderful LOOOOONG weekend!
hugs!
Sharon

Jill said...

wow Jodi this is fantastic I love the large pins, wow hugs Jill xx

Risa said...

Your card is fantastic Jodi! I love the bowling pin idea..very creative!
hugs
Risa:)

joey said...

Hi Jodi, this is awesome, fantastic design. Joey.x

Rita said...

Oh WOW Jodi!!! This is over the top FANTASTIC!!! Your a super clever crafter girl, I luv it!!!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

what a fun card, I luv to bowl and used to bowl on leagues and get those neat trophies you are speaking of, I hope you have a great weekend. I would luv for you to stop by my blog if you have time! *~*

Islander Girl said...

Oh wow too cute! love how you made the pins for the background! Very creative!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How fun to put your bowling gal in front of these huge pins. Super card.

Ann Kranitz said...

This is Fabulous!!! Have a great holiday weekend

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Very creative and super cute!

Hugs,

Debbie said...

This is Fantastic!!!! I know a few people who would love to get this card, it's right up there alley...

Michele said...

The bowling pins are perfect for this card. Great job! Have a wonderful weekend.

joni h said...

Great creativity on this one, Jodi! I'm going to have to CASE your bowling pins for a scrapbook page.

Kim Y. said...

That's such a good idea! So creative!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Jodi.

Hugs Riet.x

Teri said...

Jodi, I love your bowling card! The pins look so perfectly cut out and the image is so cute! Hope you have a nice long weekend too!! xo, Teri

Jamee said...

cute card! it looks like you had a lot of fun making it!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Super cute! Love this little bowler! Love it!

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Jodi, this is fabulous! I love your bowling pins!!!! Brilliant card!

I grew up in bowling alleys on Sat nights when I was young...my mom & dad were in a league! When I was old enough, they left me go to the roller skating rink across the parking lot! That's where I met my hubby and we've been together ever since! I, however, never really became a good bowler! lol
Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Michelle - transprntbutterfly on SCS said...

OMGosh! This is super cute! Love it! Nice job!

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! I love bowling too. We used to go weekly but I don't know. . .we stopped going since my husband hurt is finger. Arggh!

Love the bowling pins. . .too cool. Such a fun card!!

Maria

Nicki said...

This is so neat, lovely idea
Nicki
x

Cathy said...

I love how you used Barb!! She is so cute!! Great card!!

Hugs, Cathy

cabio said...

Jodi, you are so creative. This card just made me giggles!
Hugs,
Cabio

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! Wow, this card brings me back to my bowling days! You did a FAB job on the layout ... I'm so impressed! GREAT JOB! Have a great week!

Valerie said...

HOW cute this card is! Love the idea with the bowling pins!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS