Monday, May 25, 2009

A Joyful Birthday

Good morning everyone! Please scroll down to see my second post for the day. I have decided to start making birthday cards since majority of my friends and family have birthdays that begin in the summer and go on until the end of the year. I have friends and relatives that have birthdays in the beginning part of the year but not as much as summer or winter. I figured since I am making Christmas cards throughout the year I should take the time to make birthday cards as well.
Here is a birthday card that I made using a sweet image from Whiff of Joy. You can buy all of your Whiff of Joy stamps HERE. All the different images are found here, as well as everything else on this card except for the sentiment which is from Stampin' Up. The stamp I used is of a girl holding her cupcake and blowing a candle out to celebrate her special day. I have also used one of my most favorite nestabilities to cut her out with.
I think this shape really adds that special touch for it's uniqueness. I also added some light blue half pearls to make the image stand out better. I have also used some prima flowers to match the color of the papers and image. I love all the images that are created by Elisabeth Bell. She has the cutest and sweetest images out there. They are fun to color and use for any occassion.
Here are the card details:
Stamps: Whiff of Joy (willow with cupcake), Stampin' Up sentiment (Small Sayings)
Paper: Basic Grey Wisteria, Eggplant CS, Neenah CS
Inks: Copics
Thank you for stopping by and starting your day with me!! Hope to see you tomorrow!

34 comments:

Summerthyme Studio said...

Maria, you are one of the most talented stampers I know.... Everything you create just makes me smile!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Okay Jodi Lee!! You can come right over here and kick my butt!!!!! I can't believe I typed Maria........LOL......... although I love Maria's stuff too........hehe...........That's what happens when I visit your blogs back to back!!!!!

and yes, you are one of the most talented stampers I know!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Absolutely stunning.

Hugs,

Maria Matter said...

Hi Jodi!
This is beautiful! It has such an elegant look with the papers you chose! That sweet WOJ image is one of my very fav...I didn't know you could buy them at 7kids...thanks for the info!!!!
Your coloring is amazing!
Blessings, Maria

Margie said...

Love the papers you used! Gorgeous card!!!
I need to concentrate on B'day cards too! There are a billion people that were born in June! LOL!
TFS :*)

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Jodi - your WOJ image is just coloured perfectly and I love those BG papers!
Hugs, Danielle

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW Jodi!! This is just gorgeous!! Love the beautiful colors and glittery wings!! :) TFS!

Lia said...

hi jodi,
wow both of your cards are wonderful I love the nestabilitie and your coloring is great
hugs Lia

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, love the cute image and the pretty papers and lo. Hugs Nikki x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Jodi, I love your colouring and those papers are gorgeous hugs Jill xx

Anki said...

Love it Jodi! Hope you are having a great time. Kramisar - Anki

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Jodi, love the papers!
Clairex

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,l love the image and colours. So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Michelle said...

What a beautiful card - I just got that paper and that nestabilitie so I can't wait to use them now!!

Rosette said...

AAAahhh Jodi.. with this image you get me!!! She's sooo cute! I love these images... you know it I know! Sorry!! :))

Lovely card hun, awesome actually!!

Joy said...

great cards! love the birthday card. you can never get enough of those as they come so often! love the baby card too! I can't seem to figure out what to make for babies and so this one is perfect! it's always great to have some stash! TFS! have a great week!

Crystal said...

Jodi this is absolutely ADORABLE!!! oh my your coloring and colors are AWESOME!!! love this!

Naomi (Sugar Brown) said...

Beatiful.

Heather said...

Oh Jodi she is so beautiful I love the antique feeling this card has to it and your coloring is wonderful!!!

Great job on this!!!

Heather

My name is Wynneth said...

Great card Jodi - this is such a lovely stamp and I am a big fan of this nestie shape :0)

wynneth
x

Nancy said...

I love the WOJ stamp, and your colors are fabulous! Great job on this card!!

Debbie said...

This is so sweet..

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Jodi! Your image and color combo are awesome...super great job!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so gorgeous Jodi!! Love your coloring and your layout with that gorgeous layout!! Beautiful girl!!
hugs,
Chris

Valerie said...

awww adorable image and beautiful card!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

A Real Beauty!!

Kyoko said...

Oh Joy, this card is just too precious for words! I love the deep purple flowers you used. AWESOME image too!

cabio said...

OMG Jodi, you are just so productive. I wish I can have more than 24 hrs a day to do more card to catch up with you. LOL.
Your card is so elegent. Love it!
Hugs,
Cabio

GRAM E. BEAR said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colors you used. Great job of coloring Willow. How do you get such subtle shading?

Kim Dellow said...

So beautiful Jodi. Kim

Teri said...

What a beautiful birthday card. I gotta get going and catch up on my bday card making too! Time for a blog break :) xo, Teri

Suzanne J Dean said...

She looks lovely Jodi! Love the colors & dp you chose also! Fabulous!

hugz,
Suzanne

Crafty Nanny said...

Hi Jodie....your card is just beautiful!! Awesome coloring!!
Sandy

Maria said...

Awesome card, Jodi! I love your coloring of the image. You did a spectacular job. . your layout is fantastic!!

Maria

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS