Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jodi's Geometry Challenge

Hello everyone! It's time for another challenge from Pink Cat Studio and this time I am your hostess! Please read lthe challenge description from Melissa. I sure hope you will join us!!=)
Jodi’s Geometry Challenge Challenge Description
The challenge is to create a card using basic geometric shapes. Your card must be rectangular in shape and you must use 2 different patterned papers, one cut in the shape of a circle and the other in the shape of a square. So we have a rectangle, a circle and a square. You must also use a Pink Cat Studio stamp as the main image for the card. You can use stamps from other companies as well. So these are the minimum requirements for the card. You can add more shapes and papers as well as any embellishments you would like so the possibilities are endless.
Date the challenge ends: Sunday May 31st, 5 pm EST
Requirements: A Pink Cat Studio stamp must be used as the main stamp on the card. It is okay to use stamps from other companies as well. To be eligible for the prize you must leave a comment in the challenge post on the Pink Cat Studio blog. In your comment provide a link to your card. Your card can either be displayed on your blog or in an online gallery. You may enter only 1 project for this challenge.
Prize: This contest will be judged by the design team. Since this is Jodi’s challenge, she will select her 3 favorite cards and then the DT will vote for a winner.
On June 1st, the winner will be announced on the PCS blog. The winner will receive a grab bag of Pink Cat Studio stamps. Some cards from the challenge may be displayed on the PCS blog.
What an awesome prize from Melissa!! Hurry and get your Pink Cat stamps out to join in on the fun! =)
When I made my card, I first had to choose which stamp to use. Since my most favorite one from the Lily at the beach set is with Lily on the turtle, I had to use it!! I wanted to use this image in a way that I never had used it and decided to take her off of the turtle and place her on the sentiment.
If you look at the original stamp, Lily's hands are on the back of the turtle's shell. So I drew a piece of the shell and added it to the turtle and colored it with my copics. I think it turned out okay. Next, I used some crystal lacquer over the shell to make it look shiny.
Here are the card details:
Paper: Tempting Turquoise CS, Neenah White CS, Only Orange CS, Rainbow Sherbet DSP
Thanks for stopping by!!

17 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Jodi, this is a great summer card:O) I love turtles, and you have two of them on your card;O) Beautiful!! Your colouring is fantastic, fab challenge too.
Have a nice week.
Hugs, Nancy.

Tanja said...

Beautiful summer card!

Hugs, Tanja

Cami said...

Looks like a cute, fun challenge, Jodi! Your card is so cheerful with the colors you have chosen and those two turtles look like they are ready for a race! Great idea! Hugs, Cami

Lia said...

hi jodi,
your card is beautiful, I love it
hugs Lia

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Jodi! Love your geometric card! The colors and design are fab!! Your coloring is always so beautiful! I wish I had some of these stamps. Such cute images!

Susan said...

Love Lily and her turtles! Great challenge and love the summery colors! Great shapes! Just adorable!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Oh is this adorable. Those colors are so springy and just makes this whole thing pop. I love it!

Hugs,

marisa said...

Very cool challenge Jodi! I'm going to have to try this today! :)

Rita said...

Gorgeous & summery..really adorable Jodi!

Michele said...

Great challenge, and the colors are so summery!

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, love those stamps and your fab papers.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Iris said...

Beautiful card Jodi! Love these stamps!

Hugs,
Iris

Islander Girl said...

Oooh I absolutely LOVE THIS!!!!! So clever!!!

Maria said...

Wow, such a fun challenge Jodi! What a great idea for a challenge! I need to get crackin' on my card. I love the pretty dp that you used and those colors!! I love them mix of colors and of course, your beautiful coloring!!

Maria

Cathy said...

This is so cute!! I love the challenge and your card is great!! I love Lily on that cute turtle!!

Hugs, Cathy

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! This card is so cute! I love the colors & the turtles are so super cute.

Gracie said...

Hi Jodi! This card is too cute! I love the colors! I just got this stamp set earlier this week! Maybe I'll try it out for your challenge!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS