Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy Aloha Friday!!

It's a very short post for me today. This week has been full of a variety of color challenges for me and that includes the start of a new challenge on the Copic Creations blog. Now we are on challenge #3, and we'd like for you to color and create with shades of purples. I used to love lavendar and other shades of purple but never seemed to have stamps that would allow me to use that color so when I had to work with this challenge, I was only able to find this stamp.
I had bought this stamp when I first found my love for stamping, and this was well over 15 years ago. I've never really used this image much but I must say that I like it because it's perfect to make quick cards with as well as for a gift.
The copic creations challenge begins today and ends on May 14th. A new challenge will start on May 15th. Each challenge comes with a prize, a winner chosen at random and is sponsored by various craft companies. Click on over to see what we have this week and what the rest of the design team has created. Hope you will be able to join in on the fun!!
Stamp: Unknown
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green CS, Neenah White CS
Ink: Copics Used: V04,V06,V09,G21,G39, Y11, Y13
Accessories: Yellow Fun Flock
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

25 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Jodi this is so beautiful the colouring of this gorgeous image is perfect I have a similar image and I used it for my Easter cards.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Suzy said...

Great card. Love the colour of this iris. Great job.

Nancy said...

Oh Jodi, this is beautiful! Love your colouring:O)

Danielle said...

Wow Jodi - stunning colouring with your copics! Your shading is just perfect - such a beautiful colour to work with!
Hugs, Danielle

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Absolutely gorgeous and my favorite flower too!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Beautiful coloring Jodi!! What a perfect image for this challenge!! Love it!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi,l love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Gracie said...

Hi Jodi! Love, love, love this card! The detail is incredible! Beautiful card my friend! =)

Crystal said...

Wow Jodi those flowers are GORGEOUS!! beautiful work!

Danni said...

How truly stunning!! What a beautiful job you did on this!

Joy said...

hey Jodi...it's not too clear on what we have to do for this next copic challenge...so do we have to color flowers purple? you did a fab job on your design...I am always amazed at you and how you keep up! I can bearly check out everyone's blog everyday! hope you are feeling better and have a great weekend! take care!

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Hugs Michele x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

So beautiful Jodi and such a gorgeous image, Have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Hey Jodi,

Just got your card and it is sooo cute! Love it! Will post later this week!

Hugs,
Michelle

Denise said...

Jodi,
Very beautiful, your cards are always done so perfect! Great job with the Copics, I am still trying to learn how to use them

Nicola said...

Wow you have captured my favourite flower to perfection Jodi, awesome colouring dear.
Nicola -x-

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Very pretty card, Jodi. Your coloring is so pretty. This is a beautiful card for the challenge.

Rita said...

Gorgeous card Jodi!

eunice said...

Wow Jodi, your iris card is STUNNING! Your ability to color and shade never ceases to astound me. Thank you for sharing!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful, beautiful! These irises are GORGEOUS! Great coloring, Jodi!

Diane said...

Stunning card Jodi!

Risa said...

Super fantastic job coloring the flower image Jodi! I think the larger an image is the harder it is to give definition. However, you aced the challenge and your card is awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Heather said...

Oh my word Jodi those flowers are just stunningly gorgeous!!! I used all purple in my card today too, but it was no where near this stunning!!

Wonderful job girl!!!

Heather S.

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! Happy Saturday! Wow, you've been stamping for that long! I didn't know stamping existed until five years ago! I'm so glad I discovered it!!

Your card is GORGEOUS!! I'm loving the pretty color of your flowers. . .such beautiful job coloring the image. . very vibrant and quite stunning!!

Hope you are having an awesome weekend!!

maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Jodi!!! Your coloring is awesome!! Love the colors!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS