Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Flutterby

Good morning, I had to take a breather yesterday. I was hoping that I was at the end of my cold from a week and a half ago but had an on and off fever starting from Monday. So far I have been free of those fevers and now able to post my card for flutterby Wednesdays. This week Danni gave us this picture as inspiration for our creation.
Here is what I came up with. I basically just took some colors from the picture to make it. The butterfly in the photo was inspiration enough for me to use a Stampin Up butterfly set that I have not used in a long time. So long that I can't remember the name of the set! LOL! I know I just used it but I am typing this just as I head off to bed so, I don't really want to get out of bed to find the name of the set. =)
I tried to get a good picture of the card especially the black part of it. I had used my cuttlebug folder for texture and it's very hard to see it. Other than that, I colored with my copics as usual and did a little paper piercing around the border of the butterfly.
Hope you are having a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Stamp: Stampin Up
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Really Rust, Neenah White CS, and Basic Black CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Dew Drops, Stampin Up Tool Kit, Dimensionals, Cuttlebug Folder

24 comments:

lilacanglia said...

Its aboslutely stunning,
Hugs
Angie

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Positively beautiful!

Hugs,

Liann said...

take care of yourself...love your butterfly card...:)

Jen said...

Very Pretty, Jodi!

Hugs,
Jen

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! Boy, I sure hope you get better really soon!! Your butterfly card is so pretty and your coloring technique is flawless! Feel better okay!

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Jodi love that image and the colours you have used.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jodi.

Hugs Riet.x

Maria said...

Very pretty, Jodi! You really captured the beautiful colors of the photo!!! Very vibrant. I'll see if I can play this week!!

HOpe you are having a fantastic day!!

maria

Penni said...

Absolutely beautiful - love the colours.

Penni
X

Berenice said...

Beautiful card!
I'm praying for you to feel better very soon :)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

So pretty Jodi and I love your colouring and piercing detail, Hope you are feeling better, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Joy said...

lovely butterfly! it really matches the picture! sorry you're not feeling better yet. hope it goes aways soon! get lots of rest and drink lots of fluid =) sorry I haven't had a chance to call you back, will do so soon. take care and glad you had a chance to post this pretty card!

Nicola said...

Stunning creation Jodi, love your butterfly and pretty detail.
Hope you soon feel better.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Susan said...

Too cute! Love the butterfly, it's absolutely gorgeous! Hope your day off from creating helped you to feel better.

Hugs to you,

Susan

Ann Kranitz said...

This is lovely!! Feel better soon!!

Michelle said...

Sorry you've been ill - hope you are feeling better soon! YOur card is beautiful! Love the black mat and the butterfly is gorgeous!

joni h said...

very realistic! great job!

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Jodi!
You picked up all of the colors and I love the contrast! Great job!!
hugs
Risa:)

Linda said...

Beautiful card, Jodi! Hope you feel better real soon! Hugs, Linda

Claudia Rosa said...

Simply stunning Jodi, the colours are fantastic. Perfect colouring as always. Have a super weekend
love
Claudia

Islander Girl said...

Jodi, you did a beautiful job on the challenge!!!! As always!

Take it easy and drink lots of fluid...then again you know all that! LOL! Hope you get back to 100% you!

Aloha!

Cami said...

Jodi, this card is just beautiful! I love butterflies and you have captured the beauty of it with this card! Congrats also on receiving the Inspiration Award from Joy! You are so deserving of this as you inspire so many of us with your creations! Take care and get well. Hugs, Cami

Rita said...

Cute card! I hope your feeling better! Hugs to you my friend!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful take on the inspirational pic!! :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS