Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Flutterby Fairy

Just so you aren't confused by my posting, today IS Thursday. This is my card for Flutterby Wednesday which I am posting today since something went wrong with my camera prior to me taking the pictures of the card. Luckily it was a quick and easy fix! So, without further adieu, here is my card. This week's challenge is to create a card using a butterfly or a fairy with a sentiment on the card. Sounds easy enough right?
I have had this cutie for a while now and decided to use her for this week's challenge. All of these fairies are so cute! She is from The Greeting Farm and you can purchase her and all other Greeting Farm sets HERE. To create my card, I decided to add some texture to the base of the card by using my new Sizzix Embossing folder. These folders are similar to the cuttlebug because it is used the same way and it's also different. The cuttlebug folders are slightly smaller and will not emboss the edges of a standard card, whereas the Sizzix embossing folders will emboss the entire piece of the front of the card.
I also have added a little dimension to the image itself by cutting out and mounting the hair of the angel as you can see in this photo here. I hope you have a chance to participate in this week's challenge and be sure to upload your creation to Danni's blog under this week's flutterby challenge. Thanks so much for sharing apart of your day with me!
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, Stampin' Up Sentiment
Paper: Lovely Lilac, Baja Breeze CS, DCWV Baby Boy Nursery DSP, Neenah CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Sizzix embossing folder, nestabilities

29 comments:

Angie said...

she is beautiful
Hugs
Angie

Cheryl Walker said...

Awwww, she is tooo sweet!!! Love the colors you used and your coloring!!!
Hope you are having a wonderful week hun!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Nancy said...

What a cute card:O) Love what you have done with the hair, beautiful choice of colours.
Hugs, Nancy.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Well it certainly was worth the wait. This is a beauty!

Hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! This is so adorable!! Love your colors here!!

Lia said...

great card jodi I love those sweet papers
hugs Lia

Riet said...

Ohhh Jodi,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

LINDA said...

Shes Gorgeous!! Love the colors..Lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Liann said...

she is kawaii nei......have a great day

Maria said...

Oooh, such a cute card, Jodi!! I love those fairies too! They're one of my favorites! Beautiful job with your coloring. . .you made the fairy anya look so pretty!! Sorry that you camera malfunctioned. I have an extra camera just in case! LOL!

Maria

Rita said...

Luv the colors on your card & she is a beautiful image Jodi! I luv the 3D effect!

Crystal said...

Jodi, oh my she is just so darling and sooo cute!!! I love your layout and colors!! What a great card girl!!

Rosette said...

Lovely card jodi hun.. the 3D look is beautiful, and lovely colouring! :)

Iris said...

Jodi she is beautiful! I love how you added the 3D look in her hair!

Hugs,
Iris

Joy said...

this card is so adorable! love how you popped out the hair! I need to purchase that nestie blossoms. I really like it now! love how you did your layout too! thank you for all your support and kindness! I am truly blessed to have you as my dear friend!

Danni said...

Oh so cute! I love the colors and the different shapes and well, all of it! Great job!

Tammy said...

Super Cute! I love the different nesties you used and that new Embossing folder. WOW I'd not seen that yet.
Love the colors and they layout is right on.
Great Job

Cheryl said...

Such a cute card!!! I love how you colored her. I have to learn how to use copics. I just got that blossom nestie and I like how you used it.

Shelly said...

So pretty, Jodi!!!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Hey Jodi! Love the layers on this card and the colors you chose!! Super cute. Did you get my goodies?

Islander Girl said...

Too cute! I just love these fairy stamps!!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Ohh so adorable!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so cute Jodi!! I love how you colored her! I just ordered this one and can't wait to ink her up. Sorry about your camera! Glad it was an easy fix!

Jamee said...

i love your coloring!! i left you something on my blog.

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! Your fairy card is so CUTE! I REALLY LOVE how you color & layer ... AWESOME!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jodi, wow hunny this is such a lovely card, im loving this cute image. I have one that i have inked but still not got round to colouring, you have given me the motivation i need to get colouring, thank you hunny! have a good weekend, big hugs Linda x

megastamper said...

wow jodi, your card is so lovely and really cute. i love those colours.
hugs and a nice weekend, bea

Jill said...

beautiful card, I love the cute image and your embossing looks wonderful hugs Jill xx

Curt in Carmel said...

This image is adorable! I so love the card you created with her! Just love your work! Best, Curt

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS