Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cocoa Anyone?

Good morning everyone, hope all of you had a great Mother's Day weekend. It was a busy and fun filled weekend for us. We cooked for our Mothers and our families. I know yesterday was another challenge for Christmas Stampin all Year Long but I didn't get a chance to post it after everyone left Sunday night. This week the challenge comes from Vicki, and it is for you to use anything with bling and sparkle. So, what I did was make a shaker card, added some beads and glitter. Then I thought it still needed a little more so I added 3 little rhinestones to the bottom left of the card. I think in this image he is supposed to be drinking coffee, but I wanted to use him for Christmas so let's assume he's drinking cocoa! LOL!
Here is a better photo of the glitter and beads in the shaker part of the card. Hope all of you take the time to participate in the challenge... I know everyone has something sparkly in their stash of embellishments!! To see what the rest of the design team has created click HERE. I hope all of you have a great day, thanks for stopping by!!
Stamp: Hanna Stamps
Paper: Glorious Green, Real Red, White CS, SU DSP (retired) and DCWV The Christmas Stack
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Rhinestones, clear colored beads, dazzling
diamonds, mounting tape, acetate, nestabilities


16 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jodi what a fabby shaker card and a Christmas one at that wow. I love it, that image is such fun but try as I might I cannot get into the Christmas card making mode lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Tammy said...

This is super cute. It's like a gift in and of its self.
Great Job...I'm loving it.

lilacanglia said...

Stunning card,
I had forgotten all about shaker cards, thanks for jogging the memory,
I love the colours you have used,
Hugs
Angie

Stressed Stamper said...

LOVE IT.Love the image and the shaker..must try to do one xmas per week

Sarah

Susan said...

He's too cute! I love the red with him and what a great idea to make Riley into a shaker card! Too cute!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, love the cute Riley and the lovely papers, so pretty. Hugs Nikki x

Anki said...

So sweet! Hope you are doing fine. And don't forget to send me your wishlist dear ;-))
Anki

Michelle said...

What a cute shaker card - I hadn't thought of doing one of those! Too cute!!

Kyoko said...

Awesome shaker card Jodi! I just love the colors! TFS!

Berenice said...

So cute! I love the shaker cards! Great job :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Wow Jodi! This is super. I love shaker cards but have yet to do one. This is just super!

Hugs,

About Me.... said...

Hi first time stoppong in and I love this!! just adorable, love the image and that its a shaker card. Blessings. Renee

joni h said...

love your shaker card! i'm inspired to make one. it's been a long time since i've made one. wish me luck!

Teri said...

What a great card! I love the way you used the nesties for the window. I gotta try this out! Love the bling too! xo, Teri

Nicola said...

Such a fabulous, fun card and a shaker for Christmas at that! Well done Jodi.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! I just realized that I missed commenting on your card. Wow, your Riley card is so darn cute! I love the shaker design! Such a fun card and you colored Riley so nicely!! Beautiful job on the challenge. I don't think you uploaded the card so I'll go ahead and do it for you!!

Maria

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS