Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Up For A Challenge?

How many of you were able to participate in the first challenge from Copic Creations? Well if you missed it, we've got more coming your way. Today starts challenge #2 and for the next 2 weeks, the challenge is jeans. So find your image, create a card using your copics and upload your creation to the current posting on the site.
Here is the card I created for the challenge and of course used my copics to color the image. I really felt that this card did not need to have many accessories on it just because the image is so full of detail. I love these adorable images. Both the copics and the Sarah Kay stamps can be found at the 7 kids college fund online store!!
Well, head on over to the challenge to see what the rest of the DT have created and to see what the prize is. These challenges for Copic Creations occur on the 1st and 15th of every month. Card details at the end of this post.
Today is also Flutterby Wednesday, time sure flies! This week Danni has challenged the team to create a card with punches. I used my martha stewart butterfly punch for the challenge and added it to be apart of the scene where Tilda is Chasing the Butterflies. To participate click on over to Flutterby Wednesdays and comment with your entry onto today's post.
I have also used this card to participate in a color challenge on Cute Card Thursday where the colors to use are pink and brown.
Because the background paper is detailed and the image and butterflies are "full" at the top of the card, I did not add any embellishments to the card. I thought that if I did that it would just look too busy. Check out the other cards from the Flutterby DT HERE.Well, I hope that you have a chance to participate in these challenges!! Be sure to check out 7 kids college fund for stamps featured in this post as well as designer papers and copic pens!
Card1:
Stamps: Sarah Kay
Paper: Basic Grey Marrachech, Chocolate Chip, Rust CS, Neenah white CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Dew Drops, S U corner rounder punch, grosgrain ribbon
Card2:
Paper: pink pirouette, chocolate chip, Neenah White CS and Basic Grey Bittersweet DP
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Stampin Up! tool kit, martha stewart butterfly punch
One more thing before I go, I'd like to thank Linda for giving this cute and sweet award! Thanks so much for thinking of me!! Now, I am going to share with a few ladies.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Wednesday... we are finally half way there to the weekend!!
See you tomorrow!!

43 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

What lovely cards!! OMG! Your work is amazing! You really know how to nail a challenge!

Ann Kranitz said...

Jodi, your coloring is superb on both of your great cards!!!

papercraftsbyrach said...

fabulous cards Jodi, they are amazing, hugs rachxx

Nancy said...

Jodi, these cards are beyond fabulous! The coloring is stellar! I especially love Tilda running, and the butterflies add so much!

Maria Matter said...

Such lovely cards Jodi!
Your coloring is always amazing, it makes your cards so enjoyable to look at!
Love the way you used the flutters with your Tilda....too cute!
blessings, Maria

Kim said...

Your cards are awesome. I look forward to seeing your weekly creations on the FBW team.

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous cards Jodi!! Love them both! Your coloring and designs are always fantastic! Happy hump day girlfriend!!
hugs!
Sharon

Julia Aston said...

what pretty cards! I love both images - your Tilda is adorable chasing the butterflies!

Margie said...

Gorgeous cards!!! You really know how to work it! ;)
Love your coloring - it's perfect!
TFS!
{{hugs}}, margie

joey said...

Hi Jodi, gorgeous cards, I love your colouring! Joey.x

Diane said...

Those are so precious as always Jodi!! Love your coloring!!!

Lia said...

both of your cards are stunning I lvoe the papers and the stamps
hugs Lia

Danni said...

These are just wonderful!! Love the colors you used on the first one, they are just gorgeous! And you know I love the second one, pink, Tilda and butterflies! What more could anyone want? LOL!
Awesome job!

Denise said...

Lovely cards Jodi. I love checking your creations out daily, it inspires me to create!! Hoe to craft w/ you soon at Teri's.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

These are beautiful! Should I call you a challenge junkie? I know I'm one!

Hugs,

coldwaters2 said...

What beautiful cards they are both stunning creations especially Tilda (I am a Tilda-olic) lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

LINDA said...

These cards are fabulous!! and your coloring is fantastic..Lovely work as always..
Hugs, Linda

Deb said...

fantastic cards, love the Tilda and those butterflies are fabulous!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great evening, Debx

Michelle said...

Jodi - Love your copic creation card - your coloring is beautiful and of course, the image is too cute!!

Your flutter by card is cute as well! Thank you for your kind words on my blog! I really do appreciate it :o)

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! Love your card! Maybe one day I will have enough nerve to actually do one of the challenges!

Riet said...

ohhh Jodi,what a beautiful cards.

hugs Riet.x

Teri said...

I love your cards!! Sheesh, I don't know how you do it Jodi! I can barely think of my projects for class and here you are on a million design teams and still going! Wow! Also, thank you for the sweet award. I am so bad at these awards, but I will work on putting this one up soon!! many hugs! Teri

Michele said...

Great cards! Thanks for sharing.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable cards, Jodi! I especially love that sweet Magnolia!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, you colored the Sarah Kay image so beautifully!! I just love the pretty color combo!! Your second card is a cutie too. I love how Tilda looks like she's chasing the butterflies. You colored her so nicely too!! I'll try to play along this week!!

Congratulations on your award. . it's well deserved most definitely. Thank you for honoring me with the award! You're a sweetheart!

maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! Beautiful cards! Love your Flutter By card with Tilda chasing the butterflies!! Beautiful!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Two beautiful cards Jodi, I love gorgeous colours of your Sarah Kay card, Big Hugs, Nikki x

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Your card for the Copic challenge is adorable! I love your coloring, and the papers are just right. Wonderful entry!

Kristie said...

Great cards! I really love your Tilda, you created such a nice scene!

pickle said...

Hi Jodi,
What beautiful cards. Can't wait for my copics to come, then I can join you all over at the challenge.

Love what you have done with the butterflies on the second card, very sweet
Kerry xxx

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

These are both so beautiful!! Love those colors on your copics card, and those little punched flutter-bys are soooooo darling with Tilda!!

Joy said...

thanks for the encouragement and inspiration for trying new things! I will have to try to do my blending with copics now, after your great tips. I love how you have that faded used look =) I tried the copic challenge...will definitely try again.
cute cards! love that new tilda stamp! you did great coloring on both! you simply amaze me!

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

These are gorgeous and your colouring is truly outstanding!!

joni h said...

Your coloring is awesome! Great detail.

angeljakki said...

Wow your image is gorgeous and your colouring is awesome.
Those butterfly punches are so perfect too x

megastamper said...

oh wow that looks so lovely and really cute.
hugs, bea

Cassie said...

beautiful coloring on the first card!! and i love the tilda chasing the butterflies - what a great card!!

Heather said...

Well Jodi you did a great job on this challenge and I think Jeans can be hard to get to look right but you sure did it!! That Magnolia card turned out super cute too!!!

Great Job!!

Heather

Andrea said...

Hi Jodi!! I left you an award on my blog but I see you already got it. ;) Oh well, a day late, I guess.:)
Hugs~
Andrea

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jodi, wow, what a great collection of cards again since my last visit! I have missed visiting your blog huny and seeing your wonderful creations. Thank you for your kind words on my blog, its always good to hear from you. I will hopefully drop you an email next week, once things have completely settled down. Have a good weekend hunny, hugs Linda x

Enjoli said...

Love that chasing butterfly card. So cute!! =)

Rosette said...

These are both so beautiful Jod hun! That Sarah Kay melts me, and that cute Tilda makes me want to joni in her fun !! lol Lovely job xx

Maggie said...

one of my fav jeans shown, thanks for sharing...beautiful!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS