Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Red, White and Blue

Good morning everyone! First I would like to say Thank You so much for all of your emails and comments on wishing me a quick recovery from this bad cold that I have. I truly appreciate it all. I must say that only now I feel a little bit of a relief. It's a short post for me today.
Today is flutterby day and that would mean, it's Wednesday!! Yay! I can't wait for the weekend, depending how I feel I need to do something fun!! This week Danni has us creating cards with using only red, white and blue. This was a challenge for me because I am not used to creating with these colors unless it's close to the 4th of July.
So, I decided to use my butterfly punch from Martha Stewart and added some pearls to the centers of each butterfly to represent the body. Then kept the bottom middle circle open for the sentiment of thanks.
Here is a side view of the card to show you that I popped it up with some dimensionals but only added it to the center of the butterfly to have the wings flap.
Stamp: SU Circle of Friendship
Paper: Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White CS, Washington Apple DSP
Ink: Memento Black
Accessories: Pearls, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, SU scallop border punch, SU Circle
SU Circle Punches
This cute card was made for me by my friend Michelle. She and I were paired up in the one card swap that my other friend Teri started. Isn't it great that we are all friends and we all love Hello Kitty too!! She made hello kitty into a shaker card, see all the beads. I love shaker cards, they are so fun to make. Thanks Michelle, I love my card!!
Tomorrow I will be showing you my swap card for Michelle. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

35 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

WOW Jodi! This is gorgeous. All those butterflies. I just love it.

So glad you're feeling better!

Hugs,

Ann Kranitz said...

Jodi, those butterflies are amazing. Love the pearl bodies.

lilacanglia said...

Both cards are absolutely brilliant,
Hugs
Angie

Nancy said...

Jodi, your card is awesome!! I love the layout, and you did a fabulous job this week!!

Lia said...

wonderful card and sketch
hugs lia

Susan said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better! It's awful having a cold this time of the year. Love the card and what a great way to do the butterflies! Love the pearls in the middle of them. Great job! Keep feeling better, my friend!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Anne Claire A. said...

What a great buttefly card!

Berenice said...

Nice card, the butterflies are beautiful. I love the HK so cute. Glad you are feeling better :)

LINDA said...

These are so cute.. I love the butterflies..
Hugs, Linda

marisa said...

Hope you are feeling better Jodi! My kids and I were sick the whole weekend and are still recovering! Great job on your card! Have a great day! :)

Nicola said...

Such a stunning card Jodi, love all your beautifully detailsed butterflies.
Nicola -x-

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! I think you did a fabulous job with those colors. It doesn't even look patriotic the way you put the card together. I love all those butterflies and the circles are a great layout!

Awwww, how nice of Michelle to send you such a cute card! HK is adorable!!

Maria

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! I love your butterfly card! Wow, Michelle did an terrific job on the HK shaker card. Can't wait for May's OCS. Take Care & Hugs!

Denise said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I Love that butterfly card, the pearls make it so elegant. I also love your HK card that you got for the OCS.

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Jodi,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Ashley said...

Super card cards! The butterflies are gorgeous and the Hello Kitty card is the best thing ever!

Heather said...

Jodi,

I love all the Flutter By's that you used and the cute pearls for the bodys!!! Great job on the Flutter By Challenge this week!!!

I am glad you are starting to get better!!!

Heather

Oh and sorry, my card got put up late today I had some huge Internet issues last night when I was trying to post!!! Uggghhh!!!

Crystal said...

Love these, I really like how you did your butterflies...gorgeous!

Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

I love your card Jodi - that is my favorite butterfly punch and I love pearls for the body!

Danni said...

Sorry for such a hard challenge with the colors but you did great!! Love your card...very nice!!
Get to feeling better!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Pretty Pretty cards!!!!

Vicki

Michelle Ueligitone said...

So glad you liked it and it got there okay! Just got back from the mainland today and need to get into gear, lol! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Michelle

Cathy said...

Love your butterflies!! I am a huge Hello Kitty fan and I love your card!! I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs, Cathy

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Jodi, I love your buttreflies and your layout! Love the pearl bodies. So glad you are feeling a tad better. I hope you recover to your old self soon.

Love the shaker card you received too!! How fun!!

hugs,
Chris

Cassie said...

oh jodi! all those navy butterflies are awesome!!! love the clean, graphic look to it!

Becky Carafa said...

Glad you are feeling better, hope it continues. Your card is gorgeous, I love the pearls on the bodies of the flutterbys!

joni h said...

the butterflies with pearls are really nice. your OCS is really cute too!

Margie said...

Jodi, your card is very pretty! I love what you did with the butterflies! Great job :)
Hope you're feeling better!!!
:*) margie

Joy said...

I love it! those butterflies are so cute and perfect for the challenge! love the shaker card Michelle made! she's getting into it too! hope all is well. TFS!

Iris said...

Jodi I'm so glad to hear you are feeling little better! You created an amazing card, I love the butterflies! And you received a gorgeous shaker card from your friend!

Big hugs and some more get well wishes!
Iris

Teri said...

Love your butterfly card! The card that Michelle made for you is so adorable! (Just like you!) hugs, Teri

angeljakki said...

Such an elegant card,
I hope you are felling better soon x

Cami said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better, Jodi. That butterfly card is beautiful; great use of those colors and the pearls are so pretty. Can't wait to see your swap card. Take care. Hugs, Cami

Risa said...

Your card is fantastic Jodi! I love the color combination and the butterflies are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Rita said...

Awe these are so adorable Jodi, I luv the layout of the butterfly card!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS