Sunday, April 12, 2009

Meowy Christmas

Hope all of you had a wonderful Easter celebration with your friends and family. It's another CSAYL (Christmas Stampin' All Year Long) and a great sketch from Maria Bell. This time, I turned the sketch the other way instead of working on it as is.

I had used one of my favorite Christmas sets from Pink Cat Studio. The great thing about this card is that I found this image on my desk already colored. Now that I think about it, I may have colored this around Christmas last year and just never had a chance to use it for a card. Well, what perfect timing to find it and use it for a Christmas card this year!! This layout was so much fun to use.
Here is a close up of the image where I mounted the santa hat on kitty's head and used white fun flock to accent it for a softer effect. To participate and see what the rest of the DT has created using this sketch, click HERE.

I have been meaning to post the tutorial of the folder I created which held the stamped images of the gorjuss girls over the weekend but got busy with all the Easter fun and will have to post that up on Tuesday. Stay tuned. In the meantime, thanks so much for stopping by and have a great Monday! All items on card are found at the 7 kids college fund accept the SU Tag Punch & colored CS.

Here are the card details:
Paper: Basic Grey Wassail DSP, Real Red, Creamy Caramel CS, Neenah White CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, White Fun Flock, SU Tag Punch, Green grosgrain Ribbon

21 comments:

Riet said...

wowwwww Jodi,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card love the pink cat studio stamps. luv gina xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

What a great card! Love that cat!

Hugs,

coldwaters2 said...

Oooo what a cute cat love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

LINDA said...

This is just soooo cute..Love the image.. Great job..
Hugs, Linda

Jen said...

Sassy Kitty - Love Her!! Great job on the sketch!

Aloha,
Jen

Maria said...

What a fantastic card, Jodi! I love that kitty. I actually bought the kitty set not too long ago! I love that you flipped the sketch. . .it looks different but yet the same. Awesome job with your coloring too! You always come up with such beautiful Christmas cards!!

Maria

Denise said...

Very pretty Jodi, I love that cute image of the "sassy cat"

Danni said...

What a fun card! So cute!

Joy said...

thanks for the wonderful talk this morning Jodi! I love the conversations we have, but I feel bad that I'm getting more out of it than you! I love all your great tips and ideas! thank you for all your help! it's so fun talking with you!
you did a great job on that christmas card....just too cute!

Diane said...

Super sweet card!

Janna said...

This is just so, so cute! I love teh deminsion you created on the hat and kitty and the great flockign you used! I adore the papers and the way you turned the sketch upside down! Can hardly wait to see that tutorial!

Smiles,
janna

Becky Carafa said...

Really cute, Jodi! Love how you did the hat!

Michelle said...

CA-UTE card, Jodi!! Love that stamp set (I have it but haven't used it...maybe I should do that next week, wink, wink). The flock on the kitty is perfect. Great job using the sketch!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Jodi!! Love the image from Pink Cat Studio and the colors!! Great design!!

~*Joni said...

Jodi! This card is so adorable. what a great image. That cat is a cutie with the santa hat. :D Where have I been this whole time? Holy wowza, your blog is awesome! I am just now getting around to it??? I have a lot of catching up to do here. ;) Awesome blog giveaway, you are one super generous sister!! hugs~

joni h said...

Nice card! Love your coloring and the fun flock effect!

jem said...

I love it, the pink cat studio stamps are great, I have 2 poodles so i've used their poodle stamps loads, someone ordered 4 poodle easter cards! love your cards and blog.happy crafting janex

Sankari W. said...

what a beautiful card! love the meowy wishes! and i know what you mean about finding things that i was going to use for a card last xmas - happy to be able to use them for this one xmas too!!
best wishes,
sankari :)

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

So cute! Love these colors and that cute kitty!! I can't even bring myself to think of Christmas yet! Good for you!

inlovestamping said...

I think your kitty is just adorable!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS