Sunday, April 5, 2009

A little Sketchy

It's been a long time since my last posting which is rather unusual for me and I must tell you it felt really strange not to post for that long!! LOL! I have been trying to organize my craft room and it takes such a long time to get that "finished" feeling. It really is a great room and it's neat, but needs organization and for me to weed things out! Anyway that is what I have been up to these past few days. So, today I have 2 sketches for you and first, we have a sketch made for us from Diane Zechman. Today is the first day for the new Stampavie Challenge blog!!
All you need to do to participate is create a card using this sketch and use any stamp from Stampavie.
Here is my card for the challenge, and I chose to use Lily holding her cat. I had fun coloring her since this is actually my very first card ever to color a girl with blonde hair.
I usually color hair in shades of brown or black. I think it turned out ok. One of the fun things about this image is coloring her hair. Stampavie now has such cute cute images coming out very soon and you can pre order them at the 7 kids college fund. The animals are just adorable!
Check to see the other creations from the rest of the DT HERE and for the awesome PRIZE!!
Our next sketch comes to us from the talented Maria. Christmas stampin All Year Long is where you want to check it out! Here, you follow the sketch and there are no restrictions on what images you can use to create with. As long as it's a Christmas image, or can be used for Christmas.
My image is a Sarah Kay one that is also from Stampavie. I love Sarah Kay images because they are so detailed and so fun to color. These images appear so life-like! I have decided to use my nestabilities for the rectangle, my cuttlebug folder in the background, and later dotted the snowflakes with my gel pen for a little added effect. On the sentiment, I decided to add some red glitter dots using stickles. I really didn't want to add another layer behind the circle and felt that if I added these dots, it won't make it look so plain.
Here is a better close up of the white dots on the cuttlebug embossed image. I cut my image out and glued it on the rectangle, then mounted it on the DSP.
Come on and join us for both of these challenges!! Hope you have a great day and thanks so much for your comments and stopping by!!
Card details:
Card#1:
Stamps: Stampavie
Paper: Basic Black, Regal Rose , Basic Gray CS, Neenah White CS, Walk in the Park DSP
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, Saffron Grosgrain ribbon, prima flowers, brads
Card#2:
Paper: Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red CS, Neenah White CS, Basic Grey DSP
Accessories: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Circle Punch SU, Stickles, white gel pen

30 comments:

diane (cookiestamper) said...

adorable cards! I especially love the colors you used in the Stampavie sketch card. And you colored her hair perfectly!

joey said...

Hiya Jodi, wow two beautiful cards, I love the top one with the black backing and bold colours on the image, and your colourwork on the second is gorgeous. Joey.x

Riet said...

wowww Jodi,what a beautiful cards,l love the image and colour.

hugs Riet.x

Lia said...

wonderful cards i love the sketch and the stamps
hugs lia

Denise said...

Jodi, your cards are Beautiful as always. Love your coloring. Have a nice week.

Danni said...

You did such a great job on both of these cards! Awesome!

Rita said...

Stunning cards Jodi, their both amazing & I luv that you cut out that Sarah Kay image! Was it hard to cut in between the images? You did a fantastic job cutting it out!

Enjoli said...

Hi Jodi,

Great job on the challenges! I love the color combo on the Stampavie card.. Super cute!! Hope you have a great week! =)

Hugs,
Enjoli

Curt in Carmel said...

I just love you and your cards so much! Welcome back! Hope all is organized now. I never have a good excuse like you do. . .I just go missing in action like I've been ubducted by aliens or something! LOL Best, Curt

Michelle said...

Jodi - both of your cards are adorable! I can't believe that is your first time coloring blonde hair - it's perfect!! I struggle with that and usually just pick brown. Guess I need to get out of my comfort zone a little and you do black hair well that just scares me as that black copic is deadly to me - I destroy anything I touch with it! LOL!

Jen said...

Gorgeous cards creations, Jodi!!! Love them both!! You did awesome on your come back!!! =0)

Hugs,
Jen

inlovestamping said...

Great cards! I love your CSALY card this week!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable cards Jodi, awesome job.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Both cards are just gorgeous Jodi, I love your colouring, I just love the first image and she is so cute with her little kitty, I'll check out the new animals now, thanks for the link, Big Hugs, Nikki x

cats whiskers said...

2 really stunning cards dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Oh Jodi I love the blond hair, not to many of those around here, lol! Your cards turned out so cute. I love them and TFS!

joni h said...

Thx for leaving a comment on my blog - I'm still learning & was surprised to see your comment. I love your blog! I check it out everyday & try to color my images like yours.

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! Love your creations. Your work is so inspirational!

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! I wish I could clean my room but I sort of gave up on it. As soon as I get it all organized. .. for one thing, I can't find anything afterwards and I end up messing things up looking for whatever it is I can't find! LOL!!

Love both your cards. . .that Stampavie image looks like a Rachel Ann Miller image. . I guess it's the same artist, huh? Such pretty coloring. . the yellow hair is nice.

Your Christmas card is beautiful. I love Sarah Kay images too. . they are so easy to color. Your really can't go wrong with them. As your other card, you did a beautiful job coloring the image. .such pretty vibrant colors and you did a wonderful job with this week's challenge.

Be sure to show us pictures of your room when you're done!!

Maria

Risa said...

Both cards are beautiful Jodi!
I love them both and you did a great job coloring her hair!
hugs
Risa:)

Margie said...

Cute cards :)
I love the first one! Great coloring!!!
I just received my first Stampavie! I cannot wait to ink them up - it's a Lily & Milo stamp :)
TFS!!!

Susan said...

Oh, Jodi, great cards! Love the Christmas card. That's one of my favorite images from Sarah Kay. But that Rachel Ann Miller is adorable too! Hope the room is coming along. We've missed you!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Cathy said...

Jodi your cards are wonderful. I love that Stampavie card. Love the colors, so pretty!!

Hugs, Cathy

jennyv said...

You do such an excellent job on those challenge. Both cards are beautiful. I like the Christmas card great colors. And me too I love Sarah Kay images they are so fun to color.

Jenny

Gracie said...

Hi Jodi! I always love stopping by your site! Your cards are always beautiful...and these two are no exception. I love how you colored the images and the color combos are perfect! =)

Anneke said...

such adorable cards.
and so cute

Heather said...

Hey Jodi,

Congratulations on your hits and your guest spot with Stampavie!!! Jessica is a friend of mine!!!

Both of these cards are great I love the Christmas one!!!! Those images are adorable!!!!

I guess I should think about putting together some blog candy I am not far from 20,000 hits either and I have not given any blog candy away since 5,000 hits!!!!

Great projects and so glad you got time to work on your room I so need to do that, but as you see on today's post I am now potty training two puppies so the craft room may have to wait!!!

Heather

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Jody!! Love your coloring!!! Both are gorgeous!!

Janna said...

These are just beautiful! Congratulations on your first blond! She looks fantastic and I adore your coloring on both cards! You did a terrific job of incorporating textures and interesting papers!

SMiles,
janna

Helena said...

Love your card for the Stampavie challenge, such beautiful colouring and I love the colour scheme. Thanks for the inspiration

And your second card is beautiful, love the image and the cuttlebug is beautiful in the dark green and I love how you have done the image as 3D

xxxx

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS