Monday, April 20, 2009

Lily at the Beach: Sneak Peek Day #1

It's sneak peek time with Pink Cat Studio!! This time Lily is headed for the beach! These images are absolutely adorable and I'm sure you'll agree when you see them. My first card is of Lily sitting on a turtle. I had so much fun making this card and being able to use bold colors for the Summer. My card is based off of a sketch from Mojo Monday a couple of weeks back. As I was making this card and piecing it together, I decided to create a 3D layer for the turtle's shell. So, I stamped him twice and cut the top of his shell, and popped it higher. I also popped up his head and feet for another added effect.
After I added the embellishments, it still seemed unfinished so I added some crystal effects to the shell of the turtle and made it look shiny as if he were glistening in the sun or shall I say sun bathing in the sun.
My next image is of Lily with an Inner Tube. She is ready to jump in the water for some fun in the sun!! Don't these stamps make you want to plan your next summer vacation? To create the background of Lily, I used my copic airbrush system that you can get over at 7 kids college fund. I used yellow for the background of the sky and brown for the bottom where the sand would be. I have also purchased my copic sketch pens from 7 kids college fund too.
I think lately I have been in the mood to pop images off the card, I really do love the 3 dimensional look but just had to make a little extra time to cut it out and mount it. It really does not take that long, but one of the things that could be time consuming is cutting very small objects. This photo shows that I have cut and mounted the inner tube around Lily's waist and I have added crystal effects to this as well for that plastic appeal.
Stay tuned for another sneak peek as well as the release day for these stamps on Thursday.
For a chance to win a FREE set please click HERE.
This month our Guest Designer is Tori Wild and you can see her creations HERE.
I will leave you with the details for these cards, and wish you a wonderful Tuesday! Thanks so much for sharing your day with me and for your thoughtful comments!!
Card#1:
Paper: Riding hood Red CS, SU Washington Apple DSP, Neenah CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: SU Tangerine striped grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects and Prima Flowers, corner
rounder punch
Card #2:
Paper: Taken with Teal CS, SU Rainbow Sherbet DSP, Only Orange CS, Neenah CS
Accessories: Crystal Effects, SU Circle Punches, Dew Drops, SU Vanilla grosgrain, nestabilities

44 comments:

Riet said...

Wowwww Jodi,what a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.

zo mooi....
Hugs Riet.x

JanJ said...

What fab cards, can't wait to see the full release.

Jan x

Flower said...

These are adorable! The sheen on the turtle just adds so much to him.

Risa said...

Wow....both of your cards are the cutest Jodi! I love the bold colors and Lily is so pretty perched on top of the cute turtle! Great job!!
hugs
Risa:)

yvonne said...

What a wonderful image she is, so sweet, love the colours you have used, beautiful!

Lise Roy said...

Both are gorgeous!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Two fabulous bright cards Jodi, I love your attention to detail and the turtles glossy body, beautiful colouring as always, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Lia said...

hi jodi,
your cards are so lovely I love those stamps
hugs Lia

Penni said...

I love these cards, especially the shiny tortoise shell - what a great touch.

Best wishes
Penni
X

Berenice said...

So adorable cards! Love all the details. Great job :)

lilacanglia said...

Fantastic cards,
Love the 3d detail,
hugs
Angie

papercraftsbyrach said...

these are beautiful creation Jodi, the glossy effect on the turtle is fabulous. Hugs Rachxx

Danni said...

Utterly adorable!! Oh my!! Love all the "extra" touches you added...really make the cards outstanding!

CraftyNanny said...

Beautiful cards...fabulous colors!

Jenny said...

Thank you Jodi! These are really cute. And thanks for the blog candy tip!

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Jodi, these are fabulous!!!! My new favorite Jodi cards!!! Love how you popped the turtle and the swim ring! Awesome coloring and design!
Gosh, and this was just the 1st peek!
Blessings, Maria

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Jodie they are super cute I love them and I think they will become very popular very quicklu. I think you have done an amazing job with these and to layer them as well thats fab.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Maria said...

Wow, Jodi!! Two beautiful cards for this month's sneak peeks! Hey I love the 3D turtle and that you added CE. The color combo is awesome too! So sunny and bright!! I love it!

Your second card is adorable. Wow, you actually cut the inner tube. . yeah, that takes a lot of work. Beautiful job on your coloring too!! Awesome job on your sneak peeks. . can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow!!

Maria

Kyoko said...

Hey Jodi! Your cards are sooo precious, and Lily looks so HAPPY! Great dimensions and layout! Take Care!

Susan said...

Too sweet! I want to go to the beach now! Love the look of the Crystal Effects on the turtle and innertube. It's just perfect! Can't wait to see the entire set! Too cute!

Denise said...

Jodi, wow these are great cards!!! I have GOT to get that set now!!! Those images are so cute! Love how you did your layouts.

Gracie said...

Hi Jodi! Awwww...your sneak peeks are so cute! Love what you did with the turtle!

Heather said...

You did a great job on your sneek peeks jodi I love them and I love this set!!!

Wonderful coloring and paper choice!!!

Love them both those images are so so so cute!!!

Heather

Ila said...

These are all Absolutley Gorgeous and So Cute!!...Hugs, Ila

Margie said...

What adorable cards!
I ADORE that lil turtle! That is just too cute for words!!!
TFS :*)

Justine said...

Saw you over on Danni's blog and wanted to check out your blog a bit. I am also from Oahu (Salt Lake area) but we are living in Italy (another island Sicily). Anyhow, your projects are stunning.

Tracey said...

These cards are just adorable Jodi! Love this new set!!

LINDA said...

Oh I love both of these.. there so cute..Lovely work as always..
Hugs, Linda

Debbie said...

how adorable Lily is...Perfect beachy cards.. and I love the 3D affect... will have to learn how to do it, I love it... I am sure I can find a tutorial somewhere on how to use crystal effects

Summerthyme Studio said...

JOdi, both of your projects are Gorgeous!!! Love the orange and your colouring is Faboo!!!!!

Vicki

Michele said...

Lily is sooo cute! Can't wait to see the what else is coming out, and your cards are just fabulous. TFS.

Islander Girl said...

Lovin' this new set, you did a beautiful job with them!! Now I can't wait to buy them!!!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow these images are very very cute!! I look forward to the release.

Kristie said...

Fabulous cards!! I really love what you did with the turtle!

Anne Claire A. said...

Cute stamps!

Ashley said...

Absolutely darling Jodi! You are amazing!

Mariska said...

They are both absolutely stunning Jodi! I love the bright colours you've used, your colouring on both is just stunning and you know how much I love 3D :)!! I'll be back later today for your next sneak peek!!

xxx
Mariska

Joy said...

this is so cute! I love lily on the beach in a tube and riding a turtle! you did such a fabulous job on these creations and making them your own! love the 3-d effect too! I'm still learning on how to blend with copics. didn't realize how hard it is! thanks for sharing and inspiring me daily!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Judy!! What beautiful Cards!! You are such an inspiration!! Love the colors! Lily is so cute perched on that turtle!!
hugs,
Chris

Becky Carafa said...

These are so sweet, Jodi! I really love the paper/color combo on the first one, and that popped up part on the second one is fab!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I love your shiny turtle, and the way you popped up the inner tube! :) Cute cards!!

Janna said...

I have to say I am laughing Jodi because we used the same sketch!!! LOL! Great minds think alike! Your cards though are awesome! I have to agree, I am totally inspired with popping images off since Mariska's challenge and you did an amazing job! The coloring and papers are perfect and I love the glossy accents! Two adorable cards!

Smiles,
janna

Teri said...

Jodi, these new imags of Lily are adorable and you always make the perfect cards! I love the popping up of the turtle and his shiny shell! I'm going to have to get this set!!

joni h said...

So cute! I just got some flowers like the red ones you used and you have shown me how to use them! Thx!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS