Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's A Pink and Brown Kind of Day

Hello blogland, hope all is well with you. Today I have a card that I made using this week's sketch from Friday Sketchers. My friend Claudia who is the owner of this sketch challenge is looking for a guest designer who will create cards with the future sketches from the team and also be able to come up with a sketch of your own. Click HERE to participate.
Here is my try at the sketch challenge this week. I also wanted to show you these new and cute image from Stampavie. This stamp comes from the Rachelle Anne Miller Collection of Animals. I love these little guys. As a reminder, you still have time to participate in the Stampavie color challenge. All you need to do is create a card with pink and brown in it as well as a Stampavie stamp.
I colored them with my copics, and managed to find matching buttons and flowers to keep it all the same colors. I was very pleased to see all the pink it there... love pink! =)
Card Details:
Stamp: Stampavie, sentiment from Stampin' Up
Paper: Neenah White CS, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey Bittersweet DSP
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Prima flowers, Buttons, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon
My next card is made with a digital image from In Style Stamps. I never thought that I would love the individual mug, but I really like it. This mug can be used for so many different celebrations such as Christmas, Thanksgiving and birthdays.
I had to use pink and brown on this card too. I felt that it had to match the first card I did. LOL! I think I will give this card to a friend along with some coffee or hot chocolate. These are sweet colors. =)
Today is the last day for the sale at In Style Stamps. Be sure to add my name in the comment section on the checkout page to get the discount. Happy Shoppin'!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comments!
Card Detials:
Stamps: Digital Image Cup
Paper: SU DSP, Close to Cocoa CS, Regal Rose CS, and Neenah CS
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Tool kit

32 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I'm a big fan of pink myself and paired with either brown or black..... I'm a goner!

These are fabulous!

Hugs,

Danielle said...

Great cards you did here - your FS sketch is so cute!! I adore those colours together and you did such a fabulous job!
Hugs, Danielle

coldwaters2 said...

I love these cards the image on the first one is so cute and I love the flowers, I also love this second card and you have made it look so professional I love the colours you have used in both cards just perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Nancy said...

Love that colour combo:O) The image is so cute. The second card is beautiful too.

Jane Wetzel said...

great job on coloring both of these! sooooo cute!

Sharon Caudle said...

Love them both, Jodi! The colors are fantastic and that mug card is soooo CUTE!!! Fantastic as ALWAYS!
hugs!!
sharon

CraftyC said...

Your carsd are lovely Jodi, hopethe cold is a little better!
Clairex

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours Jodi.

Hugs Riet.x

Michele said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Denise said...

Love it Jodi! They are so pretty & in my favorite colors! Love the way you used the flowers & buttons.

Maria said...

Hey Jodi!! Hope you're feeling better! No more sickness I hope!

Love your two cards. . those piggies are adorable and as always, you colored them so beautifully. I love pink and brown. . .one of my favorite color combo! Actually, I have a lot of favorite color combos! LOL!!

Your right . . .the mug card is very versatile for any occasion!! You did a fabulous job using the image!!

Hope Hawaii is bright and sunny! It's lovely here today in CA!!

Maria

Kyoko said...

Oh my lord, the pig card is just too cute, wait until Linda sees them b/c she LOVES piggies! Your mug card is so super sweet, just like you! Take Care!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous cards Jodi, love the cute images and the pretty papers and lo. Hugs Nikki x

Joy said...

pink and brown are so cute together! I just love that combo! you did a fabulous job on those cute piggys and the challenge! you are just too talented! I gotta buy those flowers!!! they just really add to a card yah?! have a good day!

Vicky said...

Very cute cards, Jodi! Your stitching on the Cup card is fantastic!

Risa said...

Pink and brown are one of my favorite color combos Jodi! Super great job on both cards!!! The first card is super cute and your ISS card is very pretty!
hugs
Risa:)

Kim said...

Of course I adore pink and brown so I absolutely LOVE these! Great work Jodi!
Hugs~ Kim

Rosette said...

I love this colour combo Jodi dear, and the cards you've done with them are gogeous!! Good enough to eat!!.. or drink.. in that pretty mug! Hugs xxx

Claudia Rosa said...

FABULOUS cards Jodi

LINDA said...

Fantastic card..I love the colors.. Really great job..
Hugs, Linda

marisa said...

Great cards Jodi! Love the pink and brown theme!! :)

Danni said...

The piggies always make me smile! Wonderful cards!

joni h said...

Although I like the color blue, the pink & brown combo is my next favorite. Love your cards! The flowers with button middles are cute!

cats whiskers said...

What a fabulous card Jodi, I just love that cute image and your colouring is stunning the papers and embellies set the whole thing off to perfection, I also like the bottom one such pretty colours
Hugs Jacqui x

Nicola said...

Fabulous cards Jodi, love those little piggies - beautiful detail.
Nicola -x-

Scrapmumur said...

OH...Jodi, your card is Fabulous!!!
I love your composition, the papers and colours are wonderful.
Your image is adorable.
You have beautifully interpreted my sketch.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Mumur

Teri said...

Awww, this card is so cute Jodi! Where did you order this image from? I just have to have it, the pigs are too cute!! Happy Friday!

Ann Kranitz said...

OMG. This piggy card is cute cute cute!!!

Cami said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love the pink and brown color combo, and the pigs are adorable. Love your flowers and buttons treatment. You can make any card a mastepiece! Hugs, Cami

Rita said...

I luv pink & brown together! Both of your cards are so cute & luv the images too!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Oh Jodi I love my card! Thank you so much for the cute p&b piggies, they are the cutest!

Hugs,
Michelle

Heather said...

Hey Jodi,

I really like your coloring and layout and what you did with those three pigs!!!

Such a cute card!!! I am out trying to catch up since I have been away for a few days now!!!

Heather

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS