Friday, April 24, 2009

InSyle Stamps Blog Hop!

It's a late posting for me today, I woke up with a sore throat, headache and a runny nose. What a way to wake up in the morning. Anyhoo, it's my first blog hop with In Style Stamps that starts today and ends on Saturday at midnight. A winner will be chosen on Sunday.
Here is how it will go:
1. First, prizes will be given out throughout the blog hop thread in the forum, so click HERE and then to the forum.

2. Check out the ISS blog to see all the projects from the DT members and vote for your favorite one. The designer with the most votes will win a prize!! (Hint, hint..)

3. After you vote, be sure to leave a comment on that blog post in order to be in the running for the grand prize!! (YOU can win too!)

What the designers had to do was base their project around the theme of "contain yourself" . So I decided to use a simple container that you can buy in the store (glad ware) and dress it up. In this case I filled it up with some puppy treats and used this cute doggie from InStyle and made a belly band to decorate. Along with that I created a card to match.
Here is a side view of the container and the belly band that I used to wrap around it. Since the treats are for a puppy I decorated the belly band and made it look like a collar. So to create that effect, I got my crop-a-dile, punched some holes, then added the silver eyelets to make that collar look. Then I added my image of the dog as a topper. Isn't he cute!! He's got a treat tied to his tail!
Since the treats will be going to our family dog who lives with my parents, I made a card that will be written to her from my little puppy that lives with my hubby and I. Just something fun! =)
Here is what they both look like side by side. I love making sets of things that match. For the card, I have also made a band to go across and have added eyelets to it too. This time instead of using silver eyelets, I opted to use black eyelets and in a smaller version to match the size of the card. I also found a sentiment from a stampin' up set and added it in the center.
I have a feeling this may be the simplest project made by the DT and hope that it's not a bad thing.
Don't forget that In Style Stamps is also having a huge sale of 20% off until April 30th!! This does exclude copics pens. When checking out, please be sure to place my name Jodi-Ann in the comment box so you can get the discount and use the code ISSA 20009.
Happy blog hopping and many thanks for stopping byand sharing your Friday with me!!
I will be checking your blogs out throughout the day since I will have to rest and fight off this cold. The links to the rest of the DT Members are at the end of this post.
Here are the project details:
Card:
Stamps: In Style Stamps, Stampin' Up Sentiment
Paper: Real Red CS, Basic Black CS, Neenah CS, and Basic Grey Bittersweet
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, SU Oval Punches, Crop-A-Dile, Eyelets
Container:
Stamps: In Style Stamps
Paper: Real Red and Basic Black CS, Neenah CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, Crop-A-Dile, Eyelets, Plastic container

40 comments:

Lisa F said...

Very cute! Love that puppy!

Tonya said...

This is so cute! Love the image!

lilacanglia said...

I think its super,
and love the idea of the dogs sending each other gifts and notes,
hugs
Angie

Moni said...

Gorgeous creations! Hugs, Moni

cats whiskers said...

Great card love that image and the lottle jar is just perfect
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Risa said...

Hey Jodi,
What a cute cute project!!! Your image is super adorable and I love the decorated band!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well today. Try to have a great one and I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh just so cute Jodi, I love the sweet pup, Have a wonderful weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

mitch1066 said...

i just went and voted for you,cute puppies:)

Joy said...

so cute your gift for your doggie from your puppy! that stamp is so cute! thanks for the info. about what to do. FYI...I had a bad experience with 7 kids college fund as they don't explain things well and some what rude and gave me store credit instead of crediting my card back, etc. oh man...anyway just waiting for my order and that's it with them. well, hope you feel better for the weekend as I hope it doesn't rain! have a great Friday!

coldwaters2 said...

Love your project Jodi love that cute pooch. I hope you feel better tomorrow have a nice weekend.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim Dellow said...

That is fabulous Jodi, cute dog. Kim

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Jodi, i hope you are well hunny. I have to say i love this card and project, that dog is so cute. You have been so busy since my last visit with so many gorgeous makes!! i can not possibly pick a favourite they are all gorgeous!! Have a great weekend hunny, hugs Linda x

angeljakki said...

Such a cute image.
Your card and gift is lovely x

Berenice said...

So cute! Nice job. I voted for you.
Hope you are feeling better :)

Rita said...

So darn cute! You guys are making this sooooo hard to choose! It's going to be difficult to pick just one.

Stephanie Kim said...

!! im in love with this! beautiful and creative and CUTE!

Danni said...

Totally adorable!

Kim said...

Jodi this is super cute! I love the puppy treat idea! :) CONGRATS on your very first blog hop hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Margie said...

Oh, how sweet! Very cute! That's an adorable image!
TFS :*)

Andrea said...

Great card, Jodi! I love the "treat box" :) Hope you feel better soon!
Andrea

Crystal said...

This is just sooo cute!!! love the little treat box what a great idea!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

My neighbor would love this for her chocolate lab - Cola! This is wonderful. Hope you feel better real soon.

Hugs,

Denise said...

How sweet, great project Jodi.

Jamee said...

aawww thats so cute!!!

Riet said...

Wowww Jodi,what a beautiful creations.

Hugs Riet.x

Maria said...

Hey Jodi!! I'm sorry to hear that you're sick! Bummers! I hope you feel better soon!

I love your cute projects!! Great idea to dress up that container and to make a matching card!! Wow, you colored the image so nicely. . you made the image look SUPAH cute with your beautiful coloring!!

Awesome job on your first blog hop!! HOpe you had fun!!

Maria

eunice said...

Oh, what a cute doggie! Great idea for the treat container, Jodi. Hope u don't mind, I'm definitely CASEing this one. YOU got my vote!!!!:)

Teri said...

Oh Jodi! I'm so sorry to hear that you are under the weather, please get well soon!! I LOVE your doggie treats container and matching card!! Everything you make is so perfect!! TTYS! hugs, Teri

Kim. said...

How lovely that puppy is sooo cute. A great idea.
Kim xXx

Maria Matter said...

Jodi, this is a great set! The puppy is so sweet and the collar idea, brilliant!
I'm sure it's the best one...so off I go to vote! and hop!
Blessings, Maria

papercraftsbyrach said...

a brilliant gift combo hun, great image. love the way that you decorated the clear tub..the band looks like a collar. hugs rachxx

Sandy said...

Your dog treat container and card are super cute!!! Love how you cut him out and that his tail is "out of the box" on the mat.

Susan said...

So cute! Love that puppy image and the band is just adorable. What a lucky puppy! You've colored him so beautifully and I'm sure the puppy will love the note and the snacks!

Hugs to you,

Susan

LINDA said...

Great project. Very Cute..
Hugs, Linda

Nicola said...

Such a beautiful set Jodi, love that pooch and your fab colouring.
Nicola -x-

Anki said...

Oh - I love this gift set. Might need to make one for my sister's dog Wilma. Kramisar - Anki

Heather said...

Oh My Jodi this project turned out so super cute that dog is adorable and I love how you colored him.

You did a sweet job on this!!!

Heather

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! It was so nice to finally meet you today at J's. Your creations are such an inspiration to me! I just love the PUPPY creations.

chtikat said...

très jolies réalisations !
Bravo
Catherine

Suzanne J Dean said...

OMGoodness--this gift set is just too cute Jodi! I just love it & ya know how I love my furbabies--must get this stamp now, hee hee!

hugz,
Suzanne

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS