Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Challenges Galore!!

Good morning everyone, I'd like to introduce a new challenge to blogland, called Copic Creations.
The DT and I will be having challenges twice a month, on the 1st and 15th where anyone can participate for great prizes. Our first sponsor is 7 kids college fund, their generous package of prizes include a Memento Tuxedo black stamp pad, 5 copic sketch markers, and a Stampavie stamp! Howz that for a prize... Awesome!! The topic of our challenge is faces. So, onto my card.
I used an Easter Magnolia image of Tilda hugging Bunny and used my copics of course. For her face, I ended up using E00, E11 and for her cheeks, R20. I use E00 on her entire face, then outline her face in E11, add R20 for cheeks and blend it all together with E00. Lastly, I dotted her cheeks with my white gel pen as an accent. Everyone will have their own variation and style.
I did the same thing on the bunny just because I wanted his face to be lighter in color than the rest of his body. I took this photo to show that I used shimmerz on her wings. To check out the new challenge blog, and to participate, either click on from my side bar to the right or click HERE. Card details are at the bottom of this posting.
Well, it's that time again for another Alota Challenge over on Paper Craft Planet! Can you believe it's already Challenge 8? I am your host this week and my challenge is for you to create an Easter card. The challenge will run from April 1-April 15, and as always, Helene will be posting an awesome prize! You can enter as many times as you'd like just be sure to Tag it as Alota8 so it can be added to the gallery for all to see!! Get your cards ready to go, I can't wait to see what all of you come up with!
Last but not least, this week's challenge for Flutterby Wednesday is to create a card using no patterned paper. I really wanted to make a clean and simple card since most of my cards are layered and have lots of embellies going on. I like how it came out, but find it quite plain. LOL!
I guess if it's plain, then I achieved my goal. LOL!!
Today is my Mom's Birthday and April fool's Day!! Happy Birthday Mom!! Love you!! Many thanks for visiting and your comments, wishing all of you a great day!!
Card 1:
Stamps: Magnolia (Tilda Hugging Bunny)
Paper: Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa CS, Neenah White CS
Ink: Copics
Card 2:
Stamps: Alota
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Flowersoft, Crystal Lacquer, Lavendar gingham ribbon~unknown
Card 3:
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly (SU)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White CS
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: CTMH red bling, SU square punches, Word window punch, cuttlebug folder

35 comments:

Ann Kranitz said...

Oh how sweet is that Easter Magnolia!! Boy have you been busy with challenges. Love your flutterby card.

Nancy said...

Beautiful cards...love all of them! What a great challenge!

Lise Roy said...

LOve all of them
Gorgeous!

Andrea said...

Wow beautiful cards.
xAndrea

Susan said...

Great cards and what a sneak you are to keep the Copic Creation blog a secret! Love the Tilda and the blend of colors you use. She's just precious! And so is this springy sweetie in that egg! And I love the simplicity of your flutterby card. Just beautiful!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Riet said...

wowww Jodi,what abeautiful card,l love the stamps.

hugs Riet.x

Michelle said...

HOLY COW - those cards are AWESOME!! I just love the Easter card! You are one busy (& talented) lady!

Denise said...

Jodi, as always your cards are so beautiful!! I love the Magnolia image with the pink & brown!!! Keep up the great work. Miss you....

Joy said...

you go girl! I don't know how you keep up with all of these challenges but you do awesome work for each one!!! love the cards you have created! good-luck with the copic creations =)

Danni said...

Wowzers! You've been busy!! Love all the cards! That first one is just precious! And the second one so fun and I love the CAS style to the futter by one!! Great job!

Andrea said...

Hi Jodi!! Really awesome cards. I love the Magnolia card. The other is adorable too!! Hope you have a wonderful week. Do me a a favor and sit in the sun for a few minutes. :)
Hugs~
Andrea

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

So many gorgeous cards Jodi, Your colouring is beautiful and I love the new Magnololia image, love the effect of the flowersoft on your Alota card, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Jamee said...

aawww the card with the puppy is so cute!

Heather said...

Wow Jodi you did a great job on your card(s) I love the first one and I am not a Magnolia fan, but I do really love that card!!!!

Your second one is so super cute and your Flutter By card turned out really cute!! I love the embossing and the lone flutter by from flight of the Butterfly!!!

I love the red and white too!!!

Heather

Janna said...

Jodi these are amazing!!! I love the layouts on all three and the beautiful coloring! Each one offers up something even more beautiful and brilliant to look at! Such a great job!

smiles,
janna

CraftyC said...

Your cards are all gorgeous Jodi, I love Tilda hugging Bunny, so pretty!
Clairex

Kristie said...

The Magnolia is adorable! Love the red flutterbys on your card!

Maria said...

Girlfriend, how do you find the time to make so many cards! I can barely make one card a day! LOL!

Well, I love all your cards and such beautiful coloring on your first 2 cards. . .such pretty vibrant colors. I love your butterfly card for FBW. . very pretty!!

Maria

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Wow Jodi....that's a whole lotta awesomeness in one post!! I adore your magnolia - super coloring and love that Shimmerz!!

Risa said...

Wow...you certainly have been super busy Jodi! All three of your cards are stunning works of art!
hugs
Risa:)

Jane Wetzel said...

really a great job on that copic coloring...perfect!

Ashley said...

All the cards are just darling Jodi.
PS have I ever told you that you look JUST like my cousin? It's rather crazy, every time I see your picture, it reminds me of her.

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin all your cards.

Maria Matter said...

You've been busy Jodi, making some gorgeous cards!
Your coloring is fabulous, as always! The flutter by card is simply stunning!
Well done!!!
Blessings, Maria

Peta said...

OMG Jodi - how busy have you been. A HUGE congratulations on the new copic blog. You've done so much since I last dropped by your blog - all your work is beautiful. Hugs to you x

Cami said...

Hi Jodi! ALL of the cards are just wonderful. That Tilda with bunny is so adorable, and I just admire your coloring skills! I enjoy visiting your blog and know I'll find creative inspiration! Hugs, Cami

mycardz said...

My Goodness!! You are a busy girl!! I love them all. I'm so happy you're on the team! (Sorry, I faded out the other night, I just couldn't hold my head up any more - it really sucks to get old!) :)

Teri said...

Jodi, love all of your cards!! They are all so special! So nice catching up to you yesterday...Happy bday to your mom too! Hope to see you soon so we can craft! xoxo, Teri

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Jodi, your cards are great. Your Tilda for the Copic Challenge is so sweet. Great job on the coloring!

Rita said...

Jodi all your cards are so beautiful, my fav is the first one!

Enjoli said...

Very beautiful cards Jodi!! The Easter Tilda is my favorite! Great job on the challenges! =)

hugs,
enjoli

Michelle Ueligitone said...

These are so sweet! Love the girl hugging the bunny. So sweet!

Lia said...

hi jodi,
your cards and your candle are wonderful again i love it
hugs lia

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my goodness gracious, girlie! How do you have time to do anything else? LOL! You are one busy, busy girl!! I LOVE your cards! Tilda holding the bunny is so danged cute! Your coloring is amazing (as it always is!!) :) That Alota stamp is adoralbe! Love that card and your flowersoft! And what a gorgeous card without using patterned paper! That would be very hard, but you pulled it off brilliantly! Love them all!

jennyv said...

Another beautiful cards you have created. The Easter Magnolia image is a great layout and love that color pink and brown. My favorite color. And the butterfly is simple but elegant. Great job!!!!

Jenny

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS