Monday, April 13, 2009

Card or Image Folder Tutorial

Good morning, today I finally got a chance to take some pictures to show you how I made my folder with the gorjuss girls for my friend Joy. I will do my best to show you step by step details. There are quite a bit of photos but thought that this would make it easier to follow.

1. The supplies that you will need include 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock, a pair of scissors, any ribbon of your choice, sticky tape, and a scoring tool (either a scor-pal or your paper trimmer and a scoring blade).

2. Turn your cardstock with the short side (8 1/2") at the top , just like the picture below. Score it at 5 1/2" all the way to the bottom.
3. You will turn your cardstock with the 11" going across the top like the photo below. Score it at the 5 1/2" mark. This will be the center fold of the folder.

4. Now, fold along all the scored lines that you have made in both directions.

5. The photo below shows you the pockets that you have just folded.


6. Now, take your scissors and cut on the flap that you folded up. You will be cutting directly in the middle of the 2 pockets.


7. Next, (see photo below) you will be taking your scissors and cutting a skinny triange on the inside of the pocket and on the outside. The pocket have angles tapering inward.

8. Next, (optional) you can fold a little flap over about 1/2" to 1" to give it a different effect.

9. To hold in the folded flap of the pocket and to adhere it to the folder, I have punched 2 holes for each pocket and placed brads to hold it all.
10. The photo below shows you what the folder will look like when it is closed. It comes out to a 5 1/2" square.

11. Take out your sticky tape and place a strip across the middle of the closed folder. You will apply sticky tape to both the front and back of your folder. This will be used to attach your ribbon for the closure.

12. Choose your paper which will then go over the ribbon. This will secure everything in place and will not show where you have the ribbon coming out of. Decorate as desired.
13. Here is the completed folder that you can either use for cards or for stamped images and give as a gift. I have also created folders that are smaller and larger depending on the type of cards I am making and the size of the images I am sharing.
This will finish as a 5 1/2" square and can easily be mailed.
I hope this tutorial was easy to follow and my directions were clear. If anyone tries this out, please email me your creation and I will post it here for all to see.
I have been getting lots of emails asking where you can purchase the Gorjuss Girls. Click HERE.
Scroll down on the right side of my blog for other tutorials.
Thank you for stopping by and waiting for this tutorial. Have a wonderful day!!

38 comments:

lilacanglia said...

It sure is Gorjuss,
Love it,
Hugs
Angie

sassy said...

wow what a superb idea....i might have a go at this ..like messing with paper...makes a fabby gift...love it sassyxx

Brocéliane said...

so gorjuss :)

Littlebear said...

Thank you for showing us this Jodi, I am going to have a go a making one of these folders.
Clare x

LINDA said...

Thanks so much for showing us..Ive got to try to do one..
Hugs, Linda

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

So cool!!! I kept looking at it before trying to figure out where the backside of the brads went....doh! I'll definitely have to give this a try!

papercraftsbyrach said...

fabulous tutorial hun, thanks for taking the time to show us how you made the folder.. hugs rachxx

~*Joni said...

Awesome Jodi! And no brad butts either. This is Gorgeous gorjuss and Ghor-just (haha! I had to come up with my own). What a great gift idea with so much care put into it. Thanks for the idea!!!

Danni said...

Thank you!!!! I've been wanting to make something like this but didn't have a clue how to do it! Thank you!!

yvonne said...

Love this , so easy to follow, thank you , will be having a go at this.

Denise said...

Great Tutorial Jodi. Thanks, I will have to make a few. Have a nice week!

Curt in Carmel said...

WOW! I love this project! I just had someone ask for some images and this would be so cool to send them in! Thanks for the tutorial and your creativity! Great blog count too! Don't forget to enter on my blog! Best, Curt

LINDA said...

I have an award for you over on my blog..
Hugs, Linda

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! Thanks for the great tutorial! I'm going to try to follow your instructions ... hopefully I will succeed! Have a great day!

Heather said...

This tutorial is great jodi and I love your gorjuss girl creations!!! You always have the most creative and fun things to share!! The puppies are doing great and growing tooo fast!!!

I always enjoy your comments on my blog you always make me smile.

I love how you put the shine in her tights too!!!

Heather

Joy said...

Thank you for the tutorial! this seems very easy to make! I think the hardest part is the coloring of the image on the front...lol! you do such wonderful work...can you teach me how to sew on cardstock too? I have a sewing machine for the crafts, but don't know how to use it...I'm a little dumb in that area..HA! love my gorjuss folder...it sits right there where I can stare at all day long...hehehe! thanks for the daily inspiration!!!!

Margie said...

Great tutorial! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us :)
{{hugs}}, margie

Riet said...

wowwwww Jodi ,what beautiful,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Christine said...

Hi Jodi just realised we make these wallet/cards on DC forum to send as RAKS to buddies great idea & yours is GORJUSS

Christine xx

Diane said...

TFS your tutorial!!!! I love it!
I'm going to try to make one for sure! Great idea for sharing images with special friends!

cal8007 said...

Jodi,
Loved the tutorial and the Tilda stamps!

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Carmen
cal8007@aol.com

Tracy said...

Hello Jodie, i'm going to have a go at this, maybe do a few as gifts on some different stamp ranges too for Christmas gifts.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
www.tracy-countrymouse.blogspot.com

Janna said...

Thanks Jodi for this fantastic tutorial! You did an amazing job with the pictures and describing each step! Thanks!

Smiles,
janna

Cindy Haffner said...

Super cute, Thanks for sharing.

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh what a wonderful tutorial. I can't wait to make it. Thanks heaps
Tracey

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! Awesome job on the tutorial! Such a great way to send stamped images!! Thank you for sharing the tutorial. Looks like a fun and easy project to create.

Maria

eunice said...

Hi Jodi,
Thanks for the Sugar Nellie link. My question is, how does the money work out? Does it convert to US dollars when you check out?

Teri said...

Thanks for the great tutorial! I remember making something like this years ago. I love how these projects get recycled through the years, love it! Thanks for sharing your inspiration! xoxo, Teri

Cami said...

Great instructions to make a neat card or image holder. Very well thought out and great pictures. Most of all, I love the way you colored the girl...just Gorjuss! I used to make smaller ones for A2 cards, but lately it's been larger so this is great! Will have to make one. Thanks Jodi! Hugs, Cami

Curt in Carmel said...

I'm so excited for you! This post was featured on Card of the Week! How cool is that for you!!!! Best, Curt

Gracie said...

Hi Jodi! Great tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! =)

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

Such a cool tutorial! I've seen theese done several places, and wanted to try myself, but never found this detailed explanation - thanks a bunch :)

CraftyC said...

Thanks for the tutorial Jodi, love these folders!
Clairex

Vicki said...

Oh Jodi it's cool, going to give it ago!

Vicki x

Handmade by Vivi said...

thank you so much for this tutorial!
I have just made 5 image folders w/it and I love it! quick and easy!
I`m posting it on my blog later on and will link this tutorial! I hope you don`t mind!
Hugs
Vivi

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea. I love having them all together in the neat little folder. How did you get so smart?
Patricia

Pinkllilac said...

Hi Jodi this is just what I have been looking for and it just super.
Thank you fopr the tutorial.
Hugs Linda

shamraiz said...

By the way ,where you got there creative ideas which are fabulous really ,i should say that anyone can learn this technique from your outclass teaching tutorials
Membership Cards
Plastic VIP Cards
scratch cards

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS