Thursday, April 9, 2009

All For Joy!

Good Friday morning! Are most of you off of work today? I wish I were off too! I know a few of you who are and I'm so jealous. LOL! I would rather be stamping today, and since I'll be working, be sure to stamp for me!! =) Well, yesterday I was talking to Teri and asked her how to get in touch with Joy. Joy and I know of each other through blogging and Teri but have never had the chance to meet in person. Isn't that weird, we live on the same island and just miss the chance to meet each other (especially when there's a class at Teri's). Anyway, she and I connected via phone and boy is she fun to chat with!! I was supposed to send a card to her last month for a One Card swap that Teri runs but had no time to get that done. Now that she has it and the goodies I sent, I can post it!! =)
I LOVE my gorjuss girls and wanted to share some with Joy but I just could not give it to her by stamping them out. I had an idea in mind of how to send it to her and besides, I feel funny without putting it into some kind of "container". It feels unfinished to me. So, I have made this folder using cardstock and decorated it with some DSP. I know many of you are interested in me making tutorials on how I create things. So, I will be posting a tutorial on how to create this folder. (Hopefully by Saturday)
She is one of my favorite gorjuss girls to color and make things with. For the folder, I decorated the outside with printed paper and planned to sew on it with my machine but got lazy and did faux stitching instead. The letters on the folder were created using my sizzix sizzlit alphabets called fruit smoothie. It's a set from a long time ago.
Here is the inside of the folder that stores all the images I stamped for her. It actually held a good amount on both sides. Be sure to stop by this weekend for the tutorial on this folder. =)
Well, here is the card that I was supposed to mail to Joy in the month of March for the One Card Swap that Teri holds each month. I decided to use an image that was spring-like since Easter is just around the corner and I really like Penny Black stamps (one of my most favorite companies). Now, I have to get started on my One Card Swap to my partner for April. =)
Project #1:
Stamps: Gorjuss Girls
Paper: Basic Black CS, Urban Garden DSP, Old Olive CS, Neenah White CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Brads, Sizzix Sizzlits Fruit Smoothie letters
Technique: Faux Stitching
Card#1:
Stamps: Penny Black, SU wording
Paper: Georgia Peach DSP, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Pink Pirouette CS, Neenah CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Cuttlebug Folder, nestabilities, mellow moss grosgrain ribbon, brads, buttons,
prima flowers
Thanks for stopping by, I wish you a Happy Friday!!

36 comments:

retiredheather said...

What a lovely folder of images. This is lovely. Such a lovely gift for a fellow stamper.
Happy Easter
Heather

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I can't wait to see that tutorial on that absolutely "gorjuss" folder! ANd I love the card. It's so bright & cherry!

Hugs,

Christina said...

I love the colors on the Gorjuss card. :)

Lia said...

hi jodi,
both of your cards are wonderful and marvelous again I love the papers
hugs Lia

Danielle said...

Wow Jodi what beautiful creations! Just adore that gorjuss girl and the folder to hold all the inked images - just fabulous! And your PB card is just too cute - what an adorable image and I love the colours you used!
Happy Easter!
Hugs, Danielle

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! Wow, both your swap cards are awesome! That gorjuss girl is so darn cute and you colored her so nice nicely. Love that you created a folder to hold the images and wow, lots of yummy images. . how lucky is Teri or what!

Love Joy's card too! That mouse is too cute. I bet Joy loved her card. Love the pink colors!!

Sheesh, if I was in Hawaii I would be gathering all the Hawaii bloggers and hang out at the Mai Tai bar or something! LOL!!

Maria

Liann said...

i love the folder what a great idea to give images. you go girl...the card is so pretty so springy....

Cassie said...

i love those gorjuss girls too - where can one buy them? are they stamps or just digi???

Berenice said...

Great cards! Nice job :)

Sue said...

Oh Jodi two great creations the folder is brill idea looks beautiful, lovely gift, lovely pretty card, have great weekend, sue.x

papercraftsbyrach said...

wow a fantastic folder Jodi, and a gorgeous card as well. hugs rachxx

joni h said...

Great idea on putting the images into a folder. Definitely a great finishing touch to the rak. Cute stamp!

LINDA said...

Jodi these are both just fantastic..I really love the gorjuss fold one..Very lovely work..

Hugs, Linda

Linda said...

Oh my goodness, Jodi! I'm sure that Joy will love these! You are so sweet to make that folder for her and to share the tutorial w/all of us! Thank you! Love your OCS card too - the colors are wonderful and makes me happy! TFS, have a Blessed Easter and take care! xoxo, Linda

CraftyC said...

Your cards are gorjuss Jodi, I love making these folders! And the other is so pretty, lovely colours. Have a lovely weeknd
Clairex

Joy said...

JODI!!! you are the BOMB!!! I love my gorjuss girls stamped images...but mostly I love the folder you made for them!! It is so pretty and I just can't stop looking at it! Thank you for my beautiful card too...its totally sweet...hey...just like YOU! I love all my extra goodies you gave me as well! I am so spoiled!! I can't thank you enough! I had a blast talking to you on the phone and I will do what we talked about! I can't wait to see the tutorial...I will definitely have to make some of those...so...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!! have a wonderful weekend! Happy Easter too! Hugs, Joy

Riet said...

ohhh wowwww Jodi,what a beautiful cards,l love the image and colour.

hugs Riet.x

Denise said...

Jodi, love both your projects & I will be waiting for that tutorial!! That is such a great way to send/share images with someone.

Tara said...

Fantastic creations Jodi and your Gorjuss Girls image folder is brilliant! xx

Iris said...

Wow Jodi your cards amaze me again and again. Beautiful work on the folder and the card! Looking forward to the tutorial!

Hugs,
Iris

Andrea said...

Hi Jodi!! Love the gorjuss girl card!! So pretty and I love your color choices. Hope you are having a great week!
Hugs~
Andrea

Kyoko said...

Hi Jodi! Can't wait for your tutorial on the folder. Lucky Joy! Your OCS is so pretty. HAVE A HAPPY EASTER!

Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

I love this,can't wait to see the tutorial! It looks fabulous Jodi!

Rita said...

I luv these Gorjuss girls images & your folder came out awesome! Luv the DP & the colors! Good job Jodi I'm sure she loved it! I luv making folders & putting either cards (for friends) or stamped images for stamping friends to use in them. Makes a great gift!

Luv your Penny Black card too!

Gracie said...

Hi Jodi! I love the Gorjuss Girl card! The Gorjuss Girl stamps are on my long wish list! Can't wait for your tutorial! That's such a great idea putting th stamped images in there. Joy's card is beautiful! Love the colors and the mouse and bees are super cute! =)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a great folder!! I will take all the images! That Gorjuss image is beautiful!! Love your card too!!
Happy Easter!!

Where do you order the Gorjuss girls from? I really want those images!!

Margie said...

What an inspiring idea!!!
What a wonderful and generous gift! Lucky gal ;)
Beautiful, just beautiful!!!

Happy Easter!, margie

Enjoli said...

OMG!! What a sweet RAK for Joy. She will love it!! Great idea by putting them into a folder. Hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Enjoli

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Girl, these are both fabulous!! What a great folder - can't wait to see the tutorial. And the card with the bunny is so sweet!

Malin E said...

wow! Beautiful cards! I love the gorjuss girls to but we can´t buy them in sweden.The folder was great, will loot on your tutorial when it gets up here.
Hugs Malin

Mariska said...

These are both stunning Jodi but my favourite one is the one with the little bunny. Love the bright flowers and the embossing on that one. Gorgeous work as always!!

xxx
Mariska

angeljakki said...

Ohhh that folder is so cute and the gorjuss girl looks lovely. I am sure she will love it x x x

Janna said...

Jodi this is just a fantastic idea!! I love that you made such a special holder to give to someone and your coloring and layout are amazing! So beautiful!

Your penny black card is sweet as well! bEautiful job of coloring your images and I love the way you did the layout!

Smiles,
janna

Teri said...

You outdid yourself again girl! Just love the folder you made and I am looking foward to that tutorial!! Had so much fun stamping these gorjuss girls with you! hugs! Teri

gina g said...

These are gorgeous love the gorjuss girl fab colours. luv gina xx

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS