Saturday, March 21, 2009

Under The Sea

It's very early in the morning here in the islands, about 330AM at the moment, I was on my laptop trying to get a crazy virus off of it! It took me a while as you can see the time. Now, it is free of everything, thank goodness!! The card I have for you today is made with Mermaid Anya, and she seems to be one of the most favored Anya Stamps next to Geisha Anya. This is my first time using this mermaid Anya and she is fun to color and use for cards. I think I had fun adding stuff to her. =) This sketch comes from In Style Stamps and they are having a contest to find their next Guest Designer. I thought I should try out for it since I love their cute cute stamps so much. I just found out about them through Maria--Hey girl!! =) I hope they like it.
Well, here she is closer. Lately this is my favorite color combination, it's cool and warm at the same time. But, make no mistake I still LOVE pink!! =) I have added some baby blue pearls in her hair, some aqua stickles to her bra, and gold and orange stickles to her body and tail. I gave her a little make up on the eyes and slight foundation to her cheeks.
For the recipe on this card, please see at the end of this post.
Does this look yummy or what? Well, Jacqui is giving away some blog candy and will be giving it away on March 24th. Head on over for your chance to win!!
Stay tuned as I will be showing you sneak peeks of the latest stamps from Pink Cat Studio this week, you don't want to miss this!! Thank you for visiting me and taking the time to leave me such sweet comments!! Have a happy Saturday!
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, Sentiment from Stampin' Up
Paper: Basic Grey Marrakech, Taken with Teal, and Chocolate Chip
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Stickles, Pearls, Chocolate and Tangerine Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Circle Punches,
Prima Center Kisses Flower.

28 comments:

Lia said...

wow jodi your card is great I love the colors orange is my favorite color in the springtime
hugs Lia

Andrea said...

Hi Jodi!! Are you losing your marbles?? 3:30??? Yikes. :) I got up at 6:30 here and "I thought, dang it. It is Saturday and I did not sleep in". :) I love the card. This is one of the new Anyas I got (the geisha too) and so I need to ink 'em up. :) I hope you have a great weekend. :)

Rita said...

Wowza Jodi, this is so darn cute! You are doing a great job with these cards & I think they ould be foolish not have you on their team, this is a winner for sure girl! Luv the pearls in the hair. Good luck!

Sorry you had to stay up so late to fix you computer, I hate when that happens. Have a great weekend!

joey said...

Hiya Jodi, oh my gosh I love the colour combo you have used with this Mermaid, shes of my faves mind they all are lol. Love the papers and layout, fabulous card. Joey.xxx

L.Nielsen (Lynda) said...

Oh Jodi, this is super cute! I LOVE that little Anya, I don't have her yet, but hopefully soon! =) I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the colors you've used.
Hugs
Lynda =)
Ohhhh, and SOOO Glad you got rid of your computer bugs! =)

Riet said...

ohhh wowww Jodi,what a beautiful card,l love the stamp and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Danni said...

Goodness! That's awful early to be still up!! Glad you got rid of the virus!
Cute card! Love the added little pearls to her! Great job!

Denise said...

Jodi love the past 3 cards you made. Woe, that flock effect looks awesome & I love the pearls on this Mermaid image. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Becky Carafa said...

Okay, Jodi, stop with Anya already! It's getting very hard to resist her, lol! AWESOME color combo, very tropical!

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable, love the orange.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jodie, i hope you are having a good weekend hunny and the weather is still lovely. I adore this card the anya image is so gorgeous. Lovely colours you have used, stunning work! hugs lInda x

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! Your mermaid Anya is so pretty and it would definitely "wow" any company. Your card is beautiful. Love the color combo and as always your spectacular coloring!!

Good luck with InStyle. . .you would be an awesome candidate! Thanks for the shout out!!

Wow, what awesome candy. . .I may just need to check it out. Thanks for sharing the link.

Hope you're having a fantastic weekend!!

maria

gracieb said...

Hi Jodi! I just love, love, love this card! Awesome idea on placing pearls in her hair! And great color combo! TFS! =)

~ gracie

cats whiskers said...

Oh Jodi this is just so adorable love the little extra pearls dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Maria Matter said...

This is gorgeous Jodi! I love how you glam-ed her up! Your coloring is lovely and these papers are fab! She does look fun to play with! Just gorgeous!
You're going to be taking a nap today, huh lady? :)
Have a great one!
Blessings, Maria

Tammy said...

Love the mermaid Jodi!
Great job. Perfect color's and everything.

Rosette said...

So cute and fun Jod!! :) love what you did with your mermaid!! :) hugs xxx

Jamee said...

aww this card is so cute!!

Enjoli said...

Hi Jodi! OMG this Anya is super cute! Love your coloring! =)

L.Nielsen (Lynda) said...

oh Jodi my dear, I have something for you on my blog! =)
Hugs
Lynda =)

Suzanne J Dean said...

Love this image and you've colored and embellied her so beautifully. She's on my very-long wish list, so maybe soon!

hugz,
Suzanne

Risa said...

Your card is super cute and colored to perfection Jodi!
hugs
Risa:)

Janna said...

Jodi this card is simply amazing!! Wow, wow, wow! I never would have thought of using the marakesh paper for a water card but it is absolute perfection! I will definitley have to try that! I adore your coloring and the way you incorporated the pearls in her hair! beautiful work!

Smiles,
janna

Islander Girl said...

Oh so cute! Love the pearls in her hair!!! I have yet to use my mermaid anya stamp!!!

Aloha!

Joy said...

this color combo is impressive! I love how it looks together. you do such pretty work! I love her hair too...always adding such great embellishments! I'm glad you got your virus off your computer...I am usually up at that time too...we must be crazy =)

Cathy said...

Hey Jodi,
This is soooo cute!!! I love Mermaid Anya and you made her look so cute! I love the colors and your papers as well.
Hugs, Cathy

Mariska said...

I had a virus too a little while back, I was busy for hours and hours too before I got it of my laptop. Glad you got yours from your laptop too. Love the gorgeous card you've created. Especially love the little pearls in her hair and your colouring is stunning as always. Be back later to check out your sneak peeks for PCS!!

xxx
Mariska

Kim said...

Jodi what a fabulous card you have created! Your coloring is amazing hun! CONGRATS on being chosen as Guest DT member!!! I am looking forward to getting to know! Have a great weekend!
Hugs~ Kim

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS