Monday, March 30, 2009

ROP Challenge #9: Candle Creations

Can you believe it's challenge #9 already? Time sure flies quickly!! I am one day behind with my sample for the challenge at Roses on Paper. This week fellow DT member, Iris has chosen the challenge for us to create a candle using items only from Roses on Paper. So, I created this one here. Over the weekend, I went to Wal-Mart since Ben Franklin stores were out of them, and I only found one white candle there. So the pressure was on to be sure this candle turns out right. LOL!! Anyway, the candle is not very tall, so I had to find an image that would fit properly and found this Tilda from the Magnolia New Year collection, and used butterflies and grass from the Magnolia Butterflies collection.
I was thinking I should make a candle that can be displayed year round instead of seasonal but I still wanted to make it more "Spring-like". =)
Here is one side of the candle which shows the grass and butterflies from the Magnolia Butterfly collection.
This is the other side of the candle, opposite the top photo. One thing I love about Magnolia stamps is that they are interchangeable with each collection and they never get old at all!!
Here is the back of the candle with the rest of the butterflies. When I colored my image, I used colored pencils. I have not tried with pens, but I assume that it will run all over the tissue paper.
This is one of my most favorite things to do aside of card making. You really can use any image and all kinds of embellishments to the candle but I chose to keep it simple.
Something new to Roses on Paper is our new ROP Tutorial Blog. Here, the DT and myself included will have to come up with a tutorial and add it to the blog. For more information click HERE. To participate in the challenge, create a decorated candle using images and embellishments from Roses On Paper. You will have until April 12th to participate, and the winner will be announced along with the next challenge on April 13th.
Thank you to my readers for all of your sweet, and encouraging comments, they really mean so much to me! Please feel free to comment, or send an email, I'd love to hear from you!
Hope you're having a great day!!

27 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Jodi! This is sooooo CUTE!!! I'm going to HAVE to give this one a shot! this would look so fantastic in a gift basket! Thanks so much for the wonderful idea and the link to the tutorial. You are such an inspiration! Have a great day! hugs!

Jacque said...

Gosh, Jodi, that is so beautiful!!!But looks so difficult...Wonderful work and thanks for sharing such a neat idea...Hugs to you...Jacque

Susan said...

What a beautiful job, Jodi! She's just so precious laying there with her sweet butterflies. Next time I'm going to have to try using my pencils instead of copics. I love the soft look it gave her. Just beautiful!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Liann said...

Great candle Jodi the Tilda's are the greatest and you are right you can interchange them through seasons. Have a great day. aloha

Riet said...

what a beautiful kaars Jodi.

hugs riet.x

Sheri said...

Just soooooooo precious!!!! love her and her butterfly's too.

Rachel said...

OMGoodness what a sweet candle!! You did a great job, very beautiful!! :0)

hugs,
Rachel

papercraftsbyrach said...

such a sweet candle Jodi,
love the little scene that you have created. hugs rachxx

Maria Matter said...

Great job Jodi! This looks fabulous! You picked the perfect size image and love the details you added with the grass and butterflies! Very pretty!
blessings, Maria

Denise said...

Wow, this is just beautiful!!! What a lovely gift.

Danni said...

Oh this is so cute! I love it!She's one of my favorite Tilda's and then you paired her with butterflies, oh my!! You're a gal after my heart!!
Great job!

Margie said...

Oh-My-WoW!!! Jodi, this is brilliantly beautiful beyond words!!! I adore what you created! Looks impossibly hard ;)
Great work, as always!!!
TFS! xo, margie

Joy said...

wow...beautiful job on the candle! I always wanted to try this but never got a chance to. how did you make your paper images stick? I saw a few tutorials on it where some used vellum and others used tissue paper. your tilda came out so cute and you decorated it so sweet! love those butterflies!

Saskia said...

Great work!!! Love this candle... and the image!!

Saskia

Andrea said...

Hey Jodi! Love this candle. I am going to have to give this a try. Have a great day!
Hugs~!
Andrea

Stephanie said...

Really cool, never even thought about doing something like this.

Maria said...

Wow, such a cool project! I love it! It's fantastic how Tilda is sort of just laying there perfectly like she was meant for that candle! Beautiful job!

Maria

Cathy said...

This is so beautiful!! I love it!! So very cute!

Janna said...

I just love these stamped candles and yours is absolutely no exception!!! So, so stunning! What a great image and the extra scenes are amazing!!! So, so fun!

smiles,
janna

Cami said...

Jodi, your candle came out so cute! Love that Tilda image and the flowers from the new spring collection. This candle would definitely make a pretty item in a gift basket. You always do wonderful work! Hugs, Cami

jami {sgtStamper} said...

OMG...that is so pretty I wouldn't want to burn the candle!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

So, so cute Jodi! I have about 5 candles sitting in my craft room waiting for me to do this to them, LOL! Just lovely!

hugz,
Suzanne

Anki said...

Love your candle Jodi! It's perfect. Kramis - Anki

Enjoli said...

So beautiful! I love it! =)

Valerie said...

ADORABLE!!! this candle is beautiful!

Julie said...

Your candle is beautiful!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love this Tilda candle Jodi - very pretty and would make a beautiful gift for any special little girl!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS