Monday, March 23, 2009

Pink Cat: Sweet Pea Sneak Peek Day 1

Good Tuesday morning everyone!! I am back and hope that blogger will cooperate with me since I was not able to do anything with it on Sunday and yesterday. Anyway today I finally get to show you what I have been working on ... these are images of the new Sweet Pea set from Pink Cat Studio!! My first creation shows sweet pea in her strawberry outfit and ready to enjoy her lollipop. I think dressing your little girl in a strawberry outfit is soooo adorable! I had initially made another card using this sweetie but was not happy with it and had to throw it out. I was much happier with this strawberry baby card. I'm not sure about the rest of you out there, but if the card or project does not feel right I just have to re-do it. =) I wanted to add a black flower to the card to match but didn't have one, so I sponged a white flower in black and made my own... I didn't want to buy a whole box for just one black flower. LOL! Details on this card are at the end of this posting.
For my next card I have created a card for a baby boy and dressed him up with bunny ears!! I loved making this card because boys are such rascals! The little boys I know are rascals! LOL! Just last Wednesday a friend gave birth to identical twin boys and I can just imagine how playful and rascal they will be. Don't get me wrong, they are fun!! =)I love working with layers on my card using embellishments that I don't use often. One of the embellishments that I used (but should try to use more often) here is fun flock. I added white fun flock to the bunny ears. I know you can't really see it here, but trust me, it's there. =) I can't seem to find my light blue fun flock so had to settle for the white. The special delivery box was the other fun thing to color. To get the effect of a cardboard look, I sponged on the light and medium shades of brown and dabbed on the darkest brown for variation in color. I think it gives it more dimension too.
The guest designer this month is Sparke Smith, you can check her out HERE. Melissa also has a new challenge going on where you tell her who you think the next cutie patootie should be. You will have until tomorrow (Wednesday) to tell her. For more information click HERE.
Check out what the rest of the DT has created and I hope to see all of you back here on Wednesday for other sneak peeks and Thursday for the release day!!
But... before you check out the others, I would love to hear from you! Drop me a line or leave a comment or two.
Card #1:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio, SU Polka Dot background stamp
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black. Whisper White, Washington Apple DSP, white craft ink
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Prima Flowers, Brads, Martha Stewart Punch, Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon, crystal
lacquer, nestabilities, Red and white gingham ribbon
Card#2:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Maine Blueberry DSP
Ink: Copics, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Crystal Lacquer, Tangerine striped grosgrain ribbon, nestabilities, white fun flock
Hope your day is going well, thanks for stopping by!!

25 comments:

CraftyC said...

These are gorgeous Jodi and coloured so beautifully!
Clairexx

Lise Roy said...

Both are beautiful!
Love the first one...I will have never tought to use black on a baby card...but this is gorgeous!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

They are both fabulous Jodi, I love your colouring and designs, gorgeous papers and so cute that you popped two rattle in babies hand. Look forward to visiting again tomorrow, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Summerthyme Studio said...

Jodi, both cards are wonderful!!!! I love your layout on the rattle baby!!!! Perfect!!!!

Vicki

Becky Carafa said...

So cute! I love the strawberry hat, it's my fave in the whole set! And your cardboard box looks so real, great job!

papercraftsbyrach said...

these are fantastic Jodi, love them. hug srachxx

joey said...

Hiya Jodi, oh I love these, my fave is the second one, with the little bunny ears and the layouts are fabulous. Joey.x

Lia said...

your cards are gorgeous I love your coloring i's brilliant
hugs Lia

Susan said...

Jodi, they're just too adorable! Love the strawberry! That sweetie looks good enough to eat! And you're so right about the boys being rascals! Love the bunny ears on him! Too, too cute! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Hugs to you,

Susan

Danni said...

Ohhh, soo, soo, cute!! Great job!! Love these!

Janna said...

Oh Jodi!!! These are amazing!!!! I love, love, love them!! That little lady bug baby is beautiful and I love the way you made the flower! I would have probably just gone and bought the whole bottle of flowers1 LOl! but the baby int he box with the two rattles is adorable!!!! such beautiful colors and a great layout! Jodi you amaze me!!

Smiles,
janna

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! Wow, both your cards are so adorable. I love the red on your first card. It really stands out so nicely. The red and yellow color combo is fantastic. It works so nicely with the strawberry hat!!

Great use of the flocking. I have to remember to use them more often . . .I have a few containers of them! Your second card is adorable! Love what you did with the ribbons and as always, your coloring is so beautifully done!

Can't wait to see what you came up with for tomorrow!!

Maria

Mariska said...

These are so cute. Love all the use of ribbon! I find it hard to use only one piece of ribbon on a card let alone two!! Great layout as always and fantastic colouring!! Can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow!!

xxx
Mariska

Riet said...

wowww Jodi,what a beautiful cards,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Jodi these babies are sooooo cute! Love how you did these cards. You are the bomb!

Sparkle said...

These are darling! I love your little bunny!

Heather said...

Jodi,

You did an amazing job girl, and I can not wait for my month to get to play along with you guys!!!

I love the layouts and your cards are very cute!!!!

I like the way you colored up the baby as well!!!

So so so cute!!!

Sorry I have not been by much the last few days my time has been so short and so many things to do!!!


Heather

Karrie O. said...

Jodi, these are so aborable!! How fun it must be to apart of design team for PCS!!

Denise said...

Josi,

These cards are so adorbale. I LOVE, LOVE, these cute images. I love stamps with babies. Great coloring. OMGosh they are just gorgeous. I hope to see you next weekend at Teri's.

Maria Matter said...

Jodi, these are fantastic! You did an excellent job on both! Your coloring is beautiful! This little guy is adorable and it's great that you can dress him/her however you please. Love the baby in the box! Fabulous cards!!!!

Blessings, Maria

Joy said...

these babies are so cute! you did a wonderful job coloring them =) I am totally like you...if something doesn't feel or look right I just toss my creation out and start over. I have to be satisfied...I don't want to give someone my "crap" LOL! hope you have a great week!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

These are just adorable! I love them both!I can't wait to see what you have tomorrow!

Margie said...

ADORABLE!!! Sooo cute, colorful and fun! :)

Rita said...

Adorable cards Jodi! I love the colors & DP you choose for these.

Kit said...

These are so incredibly cute, I have this set, but havent got around to using it yet, but I am going to have to find some time I think

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS