Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Hero & Friend

Can you believe it's already Thursday? Time sure flies by quickly. The other day a co-worker said hey, it's 9 months before Christmas. It's definitely not around the corner but will be here in no time!! With that said, I think it's great idea to at least start making your Christmas cards...join in on the fun each Monday with Christmas Stampin' All Year Long. I have had this image stamped, colored and ready to be put on a card for about a month or so but just did not get around to it. I finally did find the right colors to match.
I used liquid pearls around the sentiment as an accent and used my oval nestabilities to create that background for the images.
Isn't this an adorable card?? I got this card in the mail from my friend Joy. We participate in a monthly swap where you create a card with any stamp and any kind of sketch. To find out more about it, check out Teri's blog. I love shaker cards , you can put all kinds of things in it and..the other thing about it, is that it is used to calm people...
Anyway, hope your day is going well!!
Thanks for taking to time to stop by.
Card
Stamps: The Greeting fFarm, Flamingo
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green,Basic Grey Change>
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, SU Circle Punch

18 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Two tru;y stunning cards dear your colouring is just superb
Hugs Jacqui x

Lia said...

hi jody,
both of the cards are stunning Love your coloring it's perfectly
hugs Lia

Maria said...

Oh, your Ian card is way cute. I need to work on an Ian card. . .I'm always using Anya! Beautiful job coloring the image too! You always do fabulous work.

9 more months till Christmas. . OMG, it's right around the corner! LOL! I already have 9 cards done so I think I'll have a good Christmas this year. Glad you are part of the team!!

Joy's card is adorable. . .so nice of her to send you such a cute shaker card!

maria

papercraftsbyrach said...

fabulous Jodi, wonderful colouring. hugs Rachxx

Riet said...

woww Jodi,what a beautiful cards,l love the image.

hugs Riet.xx

Rita said...

Cute card, I luv it! You always do a beautiful job coloring! This is perfect for a little boy!

Joy's card is adorable!

Danni said...

I have this Hero set and still haven't used it. You made such a wonderful card with him!! Great job!

joey said...

Hiya Jodi, these are two stunning cards. The top one is super love it muchly. The bottom one is so pretty. Joey.xxx

Joy said...

hey Jodi...I hope you like your card as I had a hard time thinking of what to make! you are a truly talented lady and I wanted something to impress you! ha! I love your Ian card...it's so perfect for the troops in Iraq. you matched that card so well and the coloring is awesome!

Islander Girl said...

Oh my, oh my! I adore your Hero Ian card! I too have mine stamped and colored awaiting for an idea for a card! I'm gonna have to check out that Christmas challenge, I'm in need of some good Christmas inspiration better to start sooner than later!

Love Joy's card, she's one talented Lady! Lucky to have had her as a swap partner!

Andrea said...

Hi Jodi!! Darling cards!

Margie said...

Iam is sooo adorable! I love your card! Great work :)

Janna said...

Oh Jodi this is amazing!!! I love this Hero Ian card! The colors and layout are incredible and your coloring knocks my socks off! A fantastic card and what a great RAK! So, so pretty and you are right, shaker cards are so fun and relaxing.

Smiles,
janna

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Love the Ian, he is so cute. Joy's card is so cute! Love the shaker part, just adorable!

Shary said...

Two lovely cards.Love the Ian card he is coloured beautifully.

Cathy said...

These are amazing!! Love that shaker card!! So cute!!

Heather said...

Hi Jodi,

Sorry I have missed a few days so hectic!!!

I love how you colored up Hero I have not had the chance to ink him up yet!!!

Your coloring is great on him too!!!

Such a fun card to recieve below!!!!

Heather

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love your hero card - those liquid pearls around the sentiment are simply brilliant!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS