Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lots To Share

It's been a pretty busy week for me and since it is the weekend I am hoping to catch up with everything from laundry to cards that I NEED to make! Like a birthday card for my mom. =)
First, I will tell you about what I made then you must read after all the pictures!
Well, yesterday was the start of a new Pink Cat Studio Challenge over on Paper Craft Planet, and will continue until Monday April 20th. Fellow DT member Mariska came up with this challenge.
To join in on the fun and a chance at the prize, you must create a card either layer your image, or add stitching to it or both. One other thing... to either create a baby card or a birthday card in honor of Pink Cat Studio's 4th Year!! On to my creation... I chose to make a little birthday book since I have to find a good use for these coasters.

This was made for The Pink Cat Studio 4 year celebration! For the letters, I have used my Sizzix letters called Playground , it's definitely time consuming since these letters are pretty small.
Here is the inside, I took Lily in the present out of the image, and made the present stand alone. It's hard to see it in the photo, but Lily has her arm out holding the bird.
This is the second page, I have Lily peeking out of the box and the full size image.

Here is the book from a better angle so you could see it easier. I had to make it pink because first of all, I LOVE the color, and it's sweet for a birthday!I received this award from Lynda, thanks so much! i have to think about who to give it to. I will be back to list who will get this award.
Last but definitely not least, do you remember that flower soft tutoril I did and how I added flower soft to parts of clothing ? Well, I was featured in the Paper Craft Planet Newsletter!
If you'd like to see, head on over there now!!
Here are the supplies used:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio
Paper: Pink Pirouette DSP, Basic Black, Regal Rose
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Chipboard coasters, Sizzlit alphabets (Playground), giant eyelets, regal rose
what...and not tell me?
Thanks for taking the time out to leave a comment, hope you're having a great day!!

20 comments:

Margie said...

You are sooo creative! This is too cute! Love your coloring and pages :)
Congrats on the feature on PCP! I saw it too!!!
Have a great weekend!
xoxo

Denise said...

Wow Jodi, this is really awesome!! I went to Chilli's the other night & took all 6 coasters that was on the table, my husband started laughing. So now I need to create with it.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Jodi this is such a fabulous little project hunny, and what lovely images. I also love the other cards you've made since my last visit. Your work is always inspirational. Hugs Linda x

Lia said...

wow your creation is wonderful, you're so talented
hugs Lia

Janna said...

Congratulations Jodi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so, so exciting1 I can't wait to check it out!!!! What wonderful news! That was a great tutorial! And I love this coaster book! Reminds me of those flip books you got from the candy machines except of course your is like a million times better! I love the coloring and the great paper and layout! Such a fun idea!

Smiles,
janna

Susan said...

Oh, Jodi, how sweet! I never would havethought of something like this! Love the images and congrats on PCP! I'm so proud to design with you!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Suzanne J Dean said...

So, so cute! What a lovely gift and so clever too! Love it!

hugz,
Suzanne

Danni said...

How awesome for your tutorial to be featured on PCP!!
Love this cute, clever little book! Very nice!

Maria said...

Awesome Birthday Book Jodi!! What a great idea . . .love all the pink!! Nicely done on your coloring too!! Congratulations on you award and being on the PCP newsletter! Whoohoo! Both well deserved!!

Maria

Heather said...

Jodi,

This is a great idea!!! I am sure Melissa loved this!!! I just adore Pink Cat Studio and the stamps Melissa designs and sells us addicts!!!!

Heather

Mariska said...

Oh Janna I absolute adore this project!!! I love how Lily pops out of the box slowly and the colours are so gorgeous!!! It is that you are on the design team or else I'm sure you'd have made my top three :). Have a great Sunday sweetie!!

xxx
Mariska

gracie808 said...

Hi Jodi! OMG! The birthday book is so adorable! Lily is so cute! TFS!

~ gracie

Rita said...

Brilliant idea Jodi, very creative & so darn cute!!! I love it!

cats whiskers said...

Oh Jodi this is just too cute Lpve it
Hugs dear
Jacqui x

Lise Roy said...

WOW!!
so creative and gorgeous!

Risa said...

Your album is awesome Jodi!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Valerie said...

HOW CUTE!!! I love it!

Becky Carafa said...

Jodi, this is so fun! I love the progression of Lily coming out of the present!

jennyv said...

Wow Jodi! This is Fabulous! This looks fun to make. I haven't made anything with coasters. I'll give it a try one day. TFS.

Jenny

jennyv said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS