Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy "Joy"ful Birthday

I'm back today with a card I made for the Whiff of Joy Challenge. I'm so proud of myself that I was actually able to participate in yet another sketch challenge after not being able to since sometime laround Summer last year. For those of you who have recently started coming to my blog, I was married last November 2008 and had to plan and piece everything together. I was definitely quite busy. Well, onto my card.
So, this week it's a sketch challenge and this one is created by Heather. I love sketches and this one was such fun to use! The image is a new one from Whiff of Joy. If you didn't order the kit, not to worry, they will soon be sold but as a single stamp. The images are so adorable!
For some reason, I knew exactly what stamp and embellishments to use for my card, I think after I knew what papers I was going to use, everything after that was so easy! This paper I am using is my current favorite from Basic Grey called Porcelain. These are soft, sweet and just pretty prints. You've gotta get your hands on these babies!! =) For the sentiment, I decided to pick a birthday one to give to my Auntie for her birthday. I thought this was fitting for the challenge. I hope she likes it!!
Here are the supplies used:
Stamps: Whiff of Joy, Stampin' Up Small Sayings (sentiment)
Paper: Basic Grey Porcelain, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Prima Flowers, SU Vintage Brads, Word Window
punch and nestabilities
As always, thank you so much for visiting me and leaving your thoughtful comments! I wish you a happy Saturday! =)

26 comments:

Lia said...

hi jodi,
wow a beautiful card I love your papers and your coloring is so brilliant
hugs Lia

Danni said...

Oh this is so pretty! Love it!!

Andrea said...

Hi Jodi, your card is so beautiful!
xAndrea

Marie said...

I'm so in love with your color choices! I have this stamp set, but it has yet to be inked. *snif* I have a scrapbook page at my blog if you have time to try it out. School's been busy. I'm in the middle of mid-terms... so, not much crafting for me for another week!

Riet said...

wowww Jodi,what a beautiful card,l love the colours and flowers.
zo mooi.

hugs Riet.x

Tanja said...

Wonderful Card Jodi! I love the colors and the papers!

Hugs Tanja

Teri said...

Love the sketch and your card! Everything is always so perfect! The color combo is beautiful and I'm sure your aunty will love it! xo, Teri

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, Jodi! This is gorgeous! I had a look around your blog and you do beautiful work! Your coloring is amazing! Love the whole design. Fantastic work!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful! You do have an eye for coordinating your papers & embellies! Very inspiration Jodi!
Blessings, Maria

Maria said...

Gosh that WOJ image is so pretty and you did such a beautiful job coloring the image. Such pretty colors and I'm really lovin' all those flowers!! You did a wonderful job with the sketch. It looks like a complicated sketch but you did wonderful.

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

maria

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Beautiful card Jodi, love the cute image and the pretty papers and colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Cami said...

Another beautiful card and your Auntie will definitely love this. Your color selection is excellent and so is your coloring. Very, very pretty card.

cats whiskers said...

Hi Jodi this is simply stunning a beautiful card
Hugs jacqui x

Rach said...

this is beautiful, such gorgeous colours. hugs rachxx

Joy said...

this is just so awesome! I love the colors and the layout. I'm so glad you got to participate in the challenge! love your cards! have a great weekend...hope you can stay dry!

Rita said...

OMG Jodi, this card is so STUNNING, I luv, luv, luv it!!! That sketch is great & your pick of DP & CS is so beautiful & perfect for this card...way to go! She is going to luv it...who wouldn't! You are one talented girl! This is a beautiful stamp, I so love Whiff of Joy & Sarah Kay, they are so precious & make beautiful cards!

Becky Carafa said...

This is so so pretty! Those flowers are gorgeous, and your coloring is fabulous as always!

Summerthyme Studio said...

WOW!!! That is Stunning!!!!


Vicki

Denise said...

Hi Jodi, I sure miss crafting with you! Love your card, always so pretty. Great colors too.

Anki said...

Very pretty Jodi! Can't wait to see what you have created with the Anki's - when they are done. Kramis - Anki

Jamee said...

i like the colors you used. it give the card a rustic feel.

Beth said...

Wow, this is so pretty! I love the embossing and the gorgeous flowers! xx

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous! Love the embossing, and your flowers are wonderful!

Michelle said...

WOWZERS - this is GORGEOUS!!! Love it - I'm not sure what else to say as I'm absolutely speechless!

Risa said...

What a stunning card! The layout is awesome and your image is a beauty!
hugs
Risa:)

Janna said...

Jodi I need you to come pick me up off the floor! Wow this is absolutely amazing!! The coloring is incredible and the papers and colors flow so well together! You did a great job with the flowers and incorporating all that beautiful texture with your embossing folder! So so amazing1

smiles,
janna

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS