Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Flutterby Wednesdays and A Sketch

Good morning everyone! I have some awesome news to share, Danni of Danni's Dreams has chosen me to be apart of her Flutterby Wednesday Team!! Thanks so much Danni!! To participate, be sure to check out her blog each Wednesday. Since this week had no theme, we were able to create anything... with a butterfly of course! LOL! So, for my very first card, I turned Lily from Pink Cat Studio into a butterfly and also have her holding a wand with the butterfly at the end of it. I call her the butterfly princess. =) Thank you to the flutterby team for the warm welcome, I look forward to working with all of you!! =)
Last week when Danni told me the good news of being apart of the flutterby team, I was soooo excited and made sure with her that I could start making my card for today but, of course things come up and you end up having to make it at the last minute. I made this card last night with no idea or sketch in mind but after playing around with the papers and thinking of what embellishments and techniques I could use, this is the end result. (I hope Danni likes it) I will be listing the supplies for this card at the end of this post.
For those of you who LOVE sketches, I have a sketch challenge for you from Alota Rubberstamps that was created by Frances. This challenge is for 2 weeks over on Paper Craft Planet. All you need to do is follow this sketch, use any rubber stamp from Alota, upload it to the gallery and tag it as Alota6.
Here is the card I made following the sketch. I loved the colors from the Stampin' Up! DSP in various shades of blue and green so I had to use them here. Be sure to participate in the challenge as Helene as put up a great prize for the winner on PCP!!
Supplies for Card #1:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio, SU sentiment
Paper: Baja Breeze, Cosmo Cricket (Honey Pie)
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Wild Wasabi DS ribbon, dazzling diamonds, stickles, dew
drops.
Supplies for Card #2:
Paper: Not quite navy, Urban Prarie DSP, Basic Gray
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Soft Sky DS Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Prima Flowers,
Bold Brights Brads
That's it for today, thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!

24 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome to the team! Great Lily! She is a perfect butterfly and the sketch is awesome too! I look forward to getting to know you!

Joy said...

WOW Jodi! you design for so many companies! I am truly impressed on how you can keep up...work, your pups and family! and making all these lovely cards! you do such lovely work! I am always inspired and excited to come see your blog! thank you =) oh...and big CONGRATS to you!

Lia said...

hi Jodi,Great cards again I love them
hugs Lia

Maria said...

Congratulations Jodi on being part of Flutter by Wednesday DT! Whoohoo! How fun! Can't wait to see your creations!

Your Lily card is adorable. . .as always, you colored the image fabulously. You make her look so pretty.

Love your second card too. . .the image is so darn cute. . the paper piecing is fabulous!!

Danni said...

Aww, what a sweet card! I love Lily and how fun to have her be a butterfly! Perfect!
Your other card is so cute too! Awesome job!!

cats whiskers said...

Evening dear, what beaiutiful cards you have for us today I just love your little Pink Cat Fairy mine have jut arrived must get them inked up. Your colouring i amazing
Hugs Jacqui x

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Jodi, congrats! You are so deserving and you always make the cutest cards! Love the little fairy, just too cute!

Ashley said...

Welcome to the team! Great job on your first Flutter By card, it's awesome!

Heather said...

Jodi,

You did a great job on Lily as a Flutter By I have used Lily and Billy a couple of my Flutter By Cards. Especially with the Butterfly Catching stamps!!!

I love the coloring and the colors of Papers you used!!!

Awesome card and can not wait to see what else you come up with!!!

Heather

Becky Carafa said...

Congrats! I love what you did with Lily, great sparkle!

Janna said...

Jodi these are so, so cute!!! I love the glitter and pierecing on your buttefly card! Your coloring is amazing! And I love the layout!

Great job on your alota card as well! I adore that color combo and the amazing paper piecing you did! You are so mega talented!

Smiles,
janna

Risa Malieta W. said...

Congratulations on your DT news Jodi! You are excellent at what you do and will be an asset on this team!
Both your cards are very pretty and I love your take on the challenge. Pure awesomeness!
hugs
Risa:)

Kristie said...

Congrats on joining the team this week! I love your card!! Lily is fantastic as a butterfly, the wand is too cute!

Maria Matter said...

Jodi, these are fabulous!
These new Lily stamps are my favorites...love how you colored her and your design!
Lovely alota card too, great colors and a sweet image...well done! Your a busy lady with a lovely blog!
Blessings, Maria

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jody, congratulations on your DT post hunny. Your cards are all gorgeous, i love this cute card and this lovely image. Its beautiful hunny. Hope you have fun on your DT. Hugs linda x

Riet said...

woww Jodi,what a gorgeous cards,l love the image.

hugs Riet.xx

Dena said...

Jodi, you have made some wonderful cards! The papers are beautiful and I think your design works very well.

Lise Roy said...

Congratulations!!

Beautifull Lily card!

I used the same paper last week for a 3 fold card!! Will show it later on my blog...

Susan said...

Jodi, Congratulations! Danni's great and you'll love her! Love the Lily and her wand is perfect! I love the sketch and plan on giving it a shot. Just a beautiful card!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Linda said...

Love all your creations - they are so intricate and detail oriented. Your coloring is gorgeous! You are very talented! Keep up the great blog and thanks for always sharing!

Rita said...

Wowzer Jodi, these cards are so beautiful!

Rita said...

I forgot to say Congrats on making the DT, can't wait to see what you create! I KNOW it will be fabulous!!!

Tammi said...

Oh wow, these are so cute, love your paper piecing!

Maria said...

Congrats on making the DT. Love the paper piecing on both these great cards. Hugs, Maria

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS