Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Flowers and Butterflies

Happy hump day! Can you believe it's Wednesday already? The days just seem to be flying by so quickly. Well, the card I have for today is for our weekly Flutterby Wednesday challenge. The theme for this week is to create a card using butterflies and flowers. To participate, all you need to do is follow the theme or sketch of the week and post it to Danni's blog.
Since I have not yet created a card using blue and orange together, this was my chance to finally do it. I actually like it, they do go together! LOL!
I also made this card using a sketch provided by Suzanne Dean! I love sketch challenges and had to give it a go!!
You have the rest of March to create a card using this sketch and a new one begins for next month from another member in her group.
Here's the Recipie for the card:
Stamps: Magnolia
Paper: Pacific Point CS, Tangerine Tango CS, Basic Grey Marakech DP
Accessories: Prima Flowers, Center Kisses, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Dazzling
Diamonds, Dew Drops
Remember to take part in the Pink Cat Studio, Name that cutie patootie and to take part in the Alota Rubberstamps Paper craft Planet Challenge.

22 comments:

Lise Roy said...

Jodi, this is gorgeous!
Love the flowers, the Magnolia stamp the psper...

Kimmie0270 said...

this is just so beautiful. I love the butterfly in her hands

Cathy said...

This is really gorgeous!! I love everything about it!!
Hugs, Cathy

Rita said...

So adorable Jodi!

Riet said...

woww Jodi,what a beautiful card,l love the stamp.

hugs Riet.x

Ashley said...

What a sweet sweet card! I love it!

Denise said...

Jodi,
This card is so sweet. Love the butterflies, such a special touch to the card.

Joann @ The Cozy Couch said...

Butterflies on the flowers...he-llo! Great idea!

Heather said...

Hi Jodi,

Wow I love this card!!! I love blue and orange together and I love how you used them and that sketch was great too!!!!

love the tiny flutter by's and the larger ones added too!!

You did a great job this week with your challenge!!!

Heather

Joy said...

this card is darling! I love how you added those butterflies and flowers just in the right spot! cute Tilda too! you always do such wonderful work/creations! this card is perfect for the challenge! I am amazed where you find the time! TFS!

Islander Girl said...

Colors are perfect and you did an awesome job!

Cassie said...

oh. jodi. this is gorgeous!! i love it! i love the background like that! i love the flowers and the butterflies and the little one in her hand!!

Danni said...

Ohhhhh!!!!! I LOVE this!! I never thought of adding a flutter by to this sweet Tilda! OHhhhhhh!!! Love it! and the colors are so nice together! Awesome job!!

Maria said...

Oooh, I love the orange color on your card, Jodi! So pretty. WEll, the color combo overall is beautiful! Awww, Tilda is adorable . . .such a pretty Tilda. I haven't seen that one before.

Great idea to add the butterflies on the prima! They really stand out nicely.

maria

Margie said...

Your card is beautifull Jodi! I really love how well those colors compliment each other! and the image is precious! TFS! xo

CraftyC said...

Stunning card Jodi, love the papers and cute Tilda!
Clairex

Shelly said...

I love this card!!!

Janna said...

Jodi this is just awesome!! I love how you incorporated the butterflies into this card! You made it look like Tilda is blowing the butterfly off her hands! Wow and the colroing is just stunning! Love the beautiful papers and the gorgeous flowers!

Smiles,
janna

Kristie said...

Your card is beautiful! What a neat way to use that stamp.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jodi, oh i know what you mean about the time. I am continually chasing my tail. The days/weeks seem to fly by. I have to say i just adore this card hun. what a lovely image you've used and stunning papers and layout. Good luck in the challenge. Hugs Linda x

Cami said...

Beautiful card Jodi! Love the butteflies over the hearts, and the color combo is gorgeous! Very nicely done, as always!

Risa said...

Awwww...your card is stunning Jodi! Tilda rocks and your attention to detail is amazing!
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS