Thursday, March 19, 2009

Flower Soft Tutorial: Clothes

Hi everyone, I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with flower soft, or have ever used it. It's a wonderful product that can be used for a variety of crafts and can be purchased through the 7kids College Fund in a variety of colors. Besides using it on your cards as a filler for flowers in a garden or in a vase, I will be showing you how I use flower soft on the clothing of stamped images.
We begin with a stamped image, flower soft glue, and your choice of flower soft.
Apply the flower soft glue to your image, on the areas you want to add flower soft. You don't need to add a glob of glue, just enough to cover that area.
When adding flower soft to the glue, be sure to sprinkle it on with your fingers. It comes pretty well packed in the container but is easy to separate.
I have found that if you are applying flower soft to an area of clothing, you should try to contain the flower soft to that area only. I did this by pinching the flower soft. It also gives it a fuller appearance.
Here is the finished product after applying all the flower soft to the desired areas. I love the look of it because it makes it look like the softer part of the sleeve, or the hood. I also added it to her shoes.
Another look at the finished flower soft image.
I hope this tutorial was helpful for all of you whether you have used flower soft or not. If not, you have got to try this out. You will love it!
Thanks for stopping by and hope you're having a great day!!
Supplies:
Paper: Real Red CS, Whisper White CS, Retired Stampin' Up DSP
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Stampin' Up Circle Punches, Spring Moss Grosgrain Ribbon, Dew Drops, Corner
Rounder Punch, Flower Soft

26 comments:

Lia said...

wow jodi your card is gorgeous , I love flowers soft tutorial, it looks so pretty on her clothes
hugs lia

papercraftsbyrach said...

Thanks for the tutorial Jodi, your finished card looks gorgeous. hugs rachxx

Rosette said...

This is great Jodi sweetie, love the effect it gives. Lovely job!

Dawny P said...

Thanks for this chick xxx I love the effect the flower soft gives and I think I might have to go and buy me some now lol xxxxx

Cathy said...

This is great!! Love it on this image!!

Danni said...

I just got my first little container of flower soft yesterday from Susana's store! So happy to see this as it helps me visulize how to use it better!
Awesome card too!!

Maria said...

Oooh, wow! The results are fabulous with those flower soft How fun! It reminds me of Liquid Applique. It would be perfect for sheep images. . .it'll give them a fluffy coat.

Love your card and that cute image. Gosh, every time I see a new image, I want to buy them. Restrain yourself, Maria! LOL! As always, you did a fantastic job coloring the image!!

Thanks for the tutorial too! You did fabulous!

maria

Rita said...

This is so beautiful Jodi! Thanks for sharing your tutorial it was very informative. I've never used it myself but maybe I will give it a try now.

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Jodi, this is gorgeous! Thank you for this tutorial..you made it look easy and I'll have to remember the part about pinching it!
Beautiful card and the flower soft just puts it over-the-top!
Sweet!
blessings, Maria

Margie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks so much for doing the tutorial! I've never heard of flower soft - I definitely need to look into it :)
TGIFxoxo

jennyv said...

Wow Jodi, this is amazing. Thanks for the tutorial. I just love the effect of the flower soft. I would love to buy those and give it a try.Where did you get it.Your card is beautiful and love that image.
Thanks for sharing.

Jenny

Riet said...

wowww Jodi,what a beautiful card,,l love the stamp.

hugs Riet.x

Andrea said...

Great tutorial and super cute!!

Heather said...

Jodi,

This card is a great card I love the tutorial and then the card as a whole is stunning!!!

Thanks for sharing I had never heard of this product before!!!

Heather

Heather said...

Jodi,

This card is a great card I love the tutorial and then the card as a whole is stunning!!!

Thanks for sharing I had never heard of this product before!!!

Heather

Joy said...

this was a wonderful tutorial! I heard of it but never even thought of buying it...now I know how to use it and maybe I need to give it a try...more crafty stuff to add to my already piling treasure =) thanks for the inspiration. have a wonderful weekend!

gracieb said...

Thanks for the awesome tutorial Jodi! Love the puffiness of her coat. This card is adorable! TFS!

~ gracie

Summerthyme Studio said...

JOdi, she is beautiful!!!!


Vicki

cats whiskers said...

Fabulpus card dear looks stunning and thanks for the tutorial
Hugs Jacqui x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh she is gorgeous Jodi and I love the added texture. Will have to try flower soft as it's something i've never used. Have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

jami {sgtStamper} said...

This is gorgeous Jodi!! I MUST order some of that Flowersoft! Beautiful coloring!

Sandy said...

Very pretty card! Love how you showed the tutorial too!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Great tutorial Jodi--done very well! Dontcha' just love Flower Soft--so many great uses!

hugz,
Suzanne

Risa said...

What a super cute card and the Flower Soft is a beautiful embellishment! Thank you for the awesome tutorial Jodi, your instructions are very clear.
hugs
Risa:)

Janna said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial Jodi. I have been eyeing the flowersoft but wasn't quite sure how to use it! Looks realitvely simple. Thanks! and what a stunning creation you made with it! Wow, wow, wow! I love this card! The papers are amazing and that extra texture you added with the flower soft just makes this card! Amazing! A stunning card!

smiles,
janna

Amazing Flower said...

nice tutorial. thanks for sharing this cute creation.

Love from Singapore Florist :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS