Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cupcake and a Contest

Good morning! Hope all of you had a fun, relaxing, restfull weekend. The card I have today is of a cupcake from Alota Rubberstamps. This is one of my favorite stamps because it's cute and so versatile. The cupcake can be used alone just like this or can be used with other stamps specifically using Magnolia stamps. Tilda or Edwin can sit on the cupcake, or you can use the cupcake and have something next to it. It can be used for a party, birthday etc.
I made this card for a friend's birthday and wanted to keep the colors soft and colorful at the same time. She's a sweet person, loves her sweets and especially loves cupcakes. She can eat desserts and does not even gain a pound... don't you just hate that! lol! Anyway if you thought the cupcake was sweet, check this out..
This little Cutie patootie just so happens, does not have a nickname. Melissa over at Pink Cat Studio is having a contest and the chosen winner will receive their choice of a free stamp set!! Click here for more details on the contest!! On March 15th, the winner will be announced! There are 2 new sets that will be released on March 26, and sneak peeks start March 24th, so stay tuned.
Here are the supplies used
Stamps: Alota
Paper: Pink Pirouette, soft sky (retired), DCWV The Sweet Stack
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Soft Sky Ribbon (retired)
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

21 comments:

Danni said...

Yummy! Can I have a cupcake for breakfast, please? LOL!!
Very cute card!

Kimmie0270 said...

That cupcake looks so real, like I could pluck it off the paper and eat it! Amazing job!

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Jodi.

hugs Riet.x

Lia said...

hi Jodi,
Great card and this stamp is so yummie, I lvoe your papers too
hugs lia

Berenice said...

Lovely card! I love cupcakes too :)

Joy said...

this cupcake looks so good to eat! yum! love the DP and how you kept the colors soft but so sweet! I'm sure your friend will love it!

Cami said...

You make this cupcake look so yummy and I'm sure your "skinny" friend will love this card and still not gain an ounce! Cute, cute card!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

So cute! I just love the cupcake and the background paper....love it! TFS!

Hugs,
Michelle

Janna said...

Jodi this is adorable! I agree I just love this cupcake! Can be used so many ways and this is beautiful! Your soft colors really make it stand out and I love the ribbon and your coloring! Wow! I am sure your friend will love it!

smiels,
janna

Heather said...

Seriously Jodi,

I love how you colored up this image and I love the colors of papers and such you used!!!

Those soft colors go so well together!!! I love this card!!

Heather

CraftyC said...

Just love this card Jodi, looks good enough to eat!
Clairexx

Marie said...

You make that cupcake look so tasty! Sorry I haven't been commenting in awhile. Been busy with school. I just had a bday party this Sunday, I'll post pics soon. Hugs, Marie.

Joann @ The Cozy Couch said...

Your cupcake card came out great, Jodi! So sweet:) And I'm still in love with your Gorjuss Girl theme on your blog!

Teri said...

What a sweet cupcake!! You make every image awesome!! Thanks for sharing! xo, Teri

Valerie said...

OH that cupcake looks good enough to eat! How cute!

cats whiskers said...

Oh Fabby card hu those papers are so Yummy and that cake really looks good enough to eat
Hugs jacqui x

Summerthyme Studio said...

Love your cupcake card Jodi!!! This is delicious!


Vicki

Maria said...

Hey Jodi, Love your cupcake. . .it looks really fattening! LOL!. The dp is awesome. . .it matches nicely with the cupcake. . .love what you did with the ribbons too!

Maria

Becky Carafa said...

I love this, so soft and pretty!

Cathy said...

Love that cupcake!! Looks yummy and full of calories!! Very cute!!
Hugs, Cathy

Risa said...

Your card is so pretty and that cupcake is making me hungry...great job!
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS