Sunday, March 15, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!!

Happy Monday! Today Iam sharing 2 cards, and some great news! I am now apart of the DT for Christmas stamping all year long!! Thanks Maria...now I will have cards for the holidays! This week, Maria asked us to create a card with printed paper to either create a scenery with it, or to use it as an embellishment. Click HERE for all the details. I decided to make a card with the DSP(designer series paper) as an embellishment. I took my SU punch and tried to create a look of what a poinsettia would be.
I tried to create a 3-D effect with the flowers, to give it depth. You can see that here in this pic.
Anyway, I will give all the details for this card at the end of this posting.
This card was made for the Roses on Paper Challenge #8 contest going on now! This week I am hosting the challenge which is to create a card with patch work. Here is how I made it. I punched out 16 square pieces, layed them out and pieced that together. Then I cut the paper into a top note die, and ran that piece through the cuttlebug folder and I also chose not to go to my sewing machine again, so I did faux stitching.
This is a closer look at the details on this card. Here are the details for both cards.
Card #1:
Stamps: SU Sentinent
Paper: Basic Grey Wassail DSP, Real Red CS
Inks: Copics
Accessories: 5 petal punch, nestabilities, grosgrain ribbon, buttons, red
Card #2:
Stamps: SU Sentiment, Magnolia
Paper: DSP Maine Blueberry, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa
Inks: Copics
Accessories: SU 5 Petal Flower Stamps, Buttons, Cuttlebug folder, Circle punches, Top Note
die.
Hope all of you had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by and starting your work week with me!!

28 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Congrats Jodi on the Christmas DT! You are quite the busy lass with all your DTs! Your creations are truly inspiring!
These cards are fabulous!
Love the Christmas flowers!!!
And on the second card I love the embossing!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Riet said...

wowww Jodi,what a beautiful cards,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Lia said...

hi jodi,
another stunnin card I loeve it
hugs Lia

Sharon Caudle said...

YAY!!! Congrats!! I was just over at Maria's blog a few minutes ago and was saying how I need to check out that site! Way to go on the DT position, Jodi! I'm not surprised as your work is gorgeous! Love both of these cards! Have a great day!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Great job on your card!

Danni said...

Welcome to the divas!! So happy to see your name there!!
Love your card, hated mine! LOL! Love the way you made the flowers!
Also love your second card, way too sweet!!

Maria said...

Totally awesome card, Jodi! You did a fabulous job with the challenge. I love the 3D flower. . .very creative use of the dps!! Can't wait to see more of your lovely creations!

Maria

Jamee said...

your cards are beautiful!!!

Joy said...

what great cards! congratulations on being on the Christmas DT! you will do a fabulous job! I love your patch work too! that is a great idea to try! thank you for always inspiring me! thank you for my calendar...I hope I didn't forget to thank you!

JoanOttevanger said...

Hi Jodi.
Welcome by the christmas stampin diva,I love your card very nice flowers

Cheryl Walker said...

Congratulations Jodi on the Christmas DT!!!! That is Awesome!!! I love all your cards, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Horse one that you just did for the challenge!! Awesome job!!! Super darling card :)

have a wonderful week!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Summerthyme Studio said...

Jodi, my Jodi!!! Both cards are so cute!!!! Glad to have you on Xmas DT and love your schtuff!!!!!

Vicki

Michelle said...

Both cards are cute! Love your christmas card! Welcome to the team!! Your work is awesome and I just love checking out your blog!

Rita said...

Congrats to you Jodi!!! Luv these two cards they are both beautiful! I just made a few of these quilt baby cards this weekend too & will be posting them this week.

graciekae said...

Hi Jodi! These are so beautiful! I love how those flowers pop out! =) TFS!

Tammy said...

WOW...Jodi...love the red flower card....so cute.
I love the little pony...don't see to many of those.
Great job.

Crissy Armstrong said...

I love your pony card! So cute!

Islander Girl said...

Both cards came out great! What a great idea to do Christmas cards now! I'll keep checking back to see what other Christmas cards you come up with. Maybe I can start mine early this year and be set by the time Christmas rolls around!!!

Aloha!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Both your cards are adorable Jodi and love the fabulous bright colours on the first and those flowers, I just adore the horse on the second. Congratulations on your new DT post.. great news! Hugs, Nikki x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Jodi, you have been busy hunny with two really gorgeous cards. I love the colours on the christmas card, what a striking card! and the seocnd card is equally as gorgeous! have a good week, hugs Linda x

Denise said...

Congrats Jodi, as always your cards are so pretty & that little pony one is so darling.

Risa said...

Congratulations Jodi!
Wow...your Christmas card is stunning and I love your quilted card! The image is so cute and the quilting is amazing.
hugs
Risa:)

Susan said...

Jodi, they're both so beautiful! I love the Christmas card! The flowers are just beautiful and that Rocking Horse is stunning! I love the patchwork on the card and the colors are just amazing! Love them! Thanks for the great challenge this week! I had such fun with it.

Hugs to you,

Susan

Curt in Carmel said...

I am SO THRILLED for you regarding the DT spot! They sure got a great person when they got you! They are so lucky to have you. Both cards are darling too! Best, Curt

Rosette said...

Love that horse card jodi hun :) Everything is just beautiful!! :)

Peta said...

WOW - haven't you been busy, where do you find the time to fit all the DT work in. Each card and project is just adorable. Loved the patchwork challenge, just wish I could sew so I could make a real patchwork quilt.
You will be the envy of every cardmaker with all your Christmas cards already made come December. Peta x

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Love how you put the buttons on this card, so cute. The baby card is adorable too. TFS!

Janna said...

Congratulations Jodi!!! that is jsut wonderful news and you did an amazing job with your Christmas card! Those flowers are so adorable! I love the beautiful paper you used and the way you put a button in the middle! A great idea and that rocking horse card is amazing!! Wow! I love the way you did the patchwork and then faux stitched it! So beautiful!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS