Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another Gorjuss Day

I had a chance to stamp up my gorjuss girl and decided to participate in a challlenge. It's been a while since I had a chance to participate in one. I love challenges, especially sketch challenges because there are so many of them out there. The challenge I participated in with this card is for A spoonfull of sugar. I was their Guest Designer in December 2008 and since this week there is a sketch, I just had to do it!!
I really had fun making this card, I think because I love the image of course, and I just love the paper from Basic Grey! Then, as I searched for some flowers to match, I went to my flower drawer and dug up some flowers (that matched so perfectly) from Close To My Heart! I love it how you can make one card, all the colors match and all the items come from so many different companies.
This is the sketch to follow if you too would like to participate in the challenge, and the stitching on the card is optional. I really wanted to sew on my card but opted to do faux stitching because I was just not in the mood to sew-- maybe next time. A spoonfull of sugar challenge takes place every Tuesday.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Gorjuss Girls, Sentiment from SU(All Holidays)
Paper: Basic Grey Eva, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Flowers (CTMH), SU Brads, SU Tool Kit
Technique: Faux Stitching

I'd like to thank all of you for taking the time out to visit me and leave such sweet comments on my blog, I truly appreciate it. If you have questions, or just want to drop a line, please feel free to send me an email. Have a great day...the weekend is almost here! YAY!!! =)

27 comments:

Danni said...

Oh Jodi! This is beautiful! I love how you colored her and well, everything!!
Awesome job!

Rosette said...

Such a beuatiful card Jod hunny. Love how her hair shines! it came out very well. I know how difficult it is to make black hair look good:)

Summerthyme Studio said...

WOW!!! Jodi, your colouring is out of this world!!!!


Vicki

Denise said...

Another gorgeous card!

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Jodi,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.xx

Becky Carafa said...

This is so beautiful! I'm really liking that gorjuss girl!

Maria said...

Oh gosh, I almost bought the stamp set yesterday but I resisted. . .still can't get over the cost. LOL! But, I just LOVE your card, Jodi. Such a beautiful job coloring the image. . .and the colors on your card are fantastic. Simply GOJUSS!! LOL!

Great job with the sketch!!!

Maria

Anki said...

Hej Jodi! Wonderful card! Hope you are doing fine - see that you now gone into the Gorjuss mode ;-) Kram -Anki

Christine said...

Amazing card Jodi! I love your colouring!
Hugs Christine

Joy said...

these images are just so sweet! I love to see your creations! they are so adorable! you always do such great work and the coloring always amazes me =) thank you so much for my calendar! they are so cute and my daughter is just oohhing and ahhhing over it!

Alison said...

This card is lovely! I just got this pad of papers in a 'lucky dip' selection of BasicGrey and you're giving me loads of inspiration here! Thank you for sharing your card.

Janna said...

Jodi!! This is amazing!!! So jealous that you have these Gorguss Girls! Can't wait for them to get back in stock so I can get them! And you colored her so beautifully! Wow! And of course I love the papers! So rich! It is so funny though because I was going to compliment you on how awesome those flowers were! They are perfect!!! Great job!

Smiles,
janna

Risa said...

Wow....your card is truly gorgeous Jodi! I love the way you colored your image....super fantastic and the layout rocks!
hugs
Risa:)

Cathy said...

Wow, I love this beautiful card!! The papers, flowers and that Gorguss Girl are just perfect!!

Your coloring is awesome!!

Hugs, Cathy

eunice said...

Jodi,
I just love these Gorjuss Girls images and I love even more how you've inked and colored them! Lucky you to have found them while they were still available as a kit. Thanks for the link to the site!

joey said...

Hiya Jodi, this is beautiful, your colouring is gorgeous. Joey.x

Susan said...

Jodi, she's just adorable! Love the colors and the papers are perfect for her. My favorite is the flowers. Just beautiful!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Heather said...

Jodi,

How funny girl we both participated in the same sketch challenge for our post on Thursday!!! I too opted for faux stitching!!! LOL.

I love your layout and the gorgeous girl is adorable I may have to give in and get some of them when they are back in stock!!!

Your card is wonderful and I love everything about it!!!

Great Job!!!

Heather

Islander Girl said...

I absolutely love these images!!! I wanna buy some! LOL! You did such a great job on this card! I love everything about it!!!

Have a great Aloha Friday!

Kyoko said...

AWESOME card designs! Thanks for giving me your blog address! HAPPY FRIDAY!

cats whiskers said...

Hi Sweetie this is awesome dear what fabulous colouring and those colours are just stunning. Thanks for joining us with this really lovely card
Hugs Jacqui xx

Maria Matter said...

Jodi this is beautiful...your coloring is awesome, this gorguss girl looks wonderful on your card! Lovely flowers too!
Blessings, Maria

Suzanne J Dean said...

So pretty & gorjuss! I just love these stamps to death! Great sketch to use them with too--

hugz,
Suzanne

Rach said...

fabulous jodi, great colour combo and colouring. hugs rachxx

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the fab colouring. Yummy papers also.

Rita said...

So beautiful & stunning, great sketch & DP!

Cheryl said...

This is super cute Jodi! I haven't talked to you in awhile. Well, I'm hardly at the store too.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS