Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Alot-a Goin' On

I was having trouble with blogger last night and only had a chance to post this now. We're any of you having trouble with that too? Anyway, Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Hope you are wearing green if you're not Irish. LOL! Not only is it St. Patrick's Day, but it is also a wedding anniversary for my parents! They have been married for 36 years today, Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!! It is also the birthday of my hubby's grandmother. Today she is 92 years young, Happy Birthday!! =) The card I have today is made with a stamp from Alota Rubber Stamps. They have got some cute and new stamps for St. Pat's Day and for Easter, you gotta check them out!
I really like this one with all the shamrocks, it's actually a versatile stamp where it could stand alone or with another image. I will show you another card with this stamp and another image later this week as I am still working on it. ( I know St. Patrick's Day will be over by then, but that's ok). The sentiment on this card is also from Alota Rubber Stamps.
Something else is going on with Alota, and that is our newest challenge which is hosted by fellow DT member Cindy Haffner. She has a color challenge which involves Purple, Pink and Green. This challenge is over on Paper Craft Planet and will be up until March 31st. There's always a great prize for the winner from Helene so get your card ready and uploaded for a chance to win!
I finally got to use this cutie and she can be found HERE. These colors were actually perfect for this stamp and I was lucky to find paper to go with it and paper pieced it onto my image. I'm in the mood for a St. Patrick's Day celebration, we'll see how the weather is...I hear there will be a storm (rain, not snow) coming in. =)
Card#1
Stamps: Alota
Paper: Basic Grey Boxer, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Copics
Accessories: SU Brads, Choc. Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch
Card#2
Stamps: Alota
Paper: Basic Grey Eva, Gable Green, Whisper White
Ink: Copics
Accessories: 3 Heart Punch
Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to all of your comments and now I am off to see you on your blogs! Have a great day!! =)

17 comments:

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Fabulous cards Jodi and I love the cute girl on your second card, love the paper piecing and your fab colouring, Happy Anniversary to your parents, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Islander Girl said...

Happy St. Patricks Day, Happy Anniversary to your parents and Happy 92nd to your dh's grandmother!!!

Great cards as usual!!! Love that baby girl so sweet!!!

TFS!

Margie said...

Wonderful cards! That second one is waaay tooo cute :)
Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

Heather said...

Jodi,

Both of these cards are super cute!!! I love the clean lines of the first card great coloring and layout!!!

Heather

Danni said...

Awesome cards! I just {heart} that second one though! So, so cute!

CraftyC said...

These are both gorgeous Jodi, I do love the Alota Rubber card. Happy Birthday to hubby granmother. Both my hubbys grandparents are 93 and still going strong!
Clairex

Samantha said...

Fantastic cards. I love your blog.
Happy crafting
Sam xx

Andrea said...

Hi Jodi!! These cards are so cute!! I love them. I really like the way you used the ribbon on the shamrock card. I did not have trouble on Blogger last night, but I have before and so if I just wait it out a bit it has fixed itself. It always makes me nervous though...:)

Hugs!
Andrea

Joy said...

wow...you have a lot going on today! my brother's birthday is today as well! congrats to everyone celebrating something today!!! happy st patty's day! love your creations and layouts. great cards!

Denise said...

Happy St. Patty's day Jodi. Love your cards.

Sara said...

Great cards and the stamps are just precious- love them!

XOXO
Sara

Maria said...

both cards are adorable, Jodi! I love your St. Patty's card . Beautiful job coloring the basket. . .very pretty!

Aww, the image on your second card is so cute. I love how she is sleeping. Awesome job on your card.

I don't know if there were issues with blogger last night. I didn't post anything until this morning! Looks like it's working for you now!!

maria

Maria said...

Oh I forgot to say "Happy Anniversary" to your parents. Wow, 36 years. . that's awesome and happy birthday to your DH grandmother. . .my grandmotehr lived to 99 years old. Must be the Asian genes! LOL!

Maria

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

These cards are both gorgeous Jodi, what fabulous images and papers. Hugs Linda x

Rach said...

fabulous projects Jodi. hugs Rachxx

L.Nielsen (Lynda) said...

WOWEE Jodi, both cards are wondeful. I have the basket with shamrocks, but haven't gotten to use it yet. I love the way you've colored those, just PERFECT shading, and your 2nd card... CUTE - CUTE - CUTE... I love it.
Hugs
Lynda =)

Janna said...

First and foremost, happy anniversary to your parents and happy birthday to your husband's grandmother. Wow! That is amazing and your cards are just so, so stunning!! I love the bucket of shamrocks and your gorgeous coloring on them. The ribbon treatment is too cute and that little girl card just is the sweetest!!! You did an amazing job paper piecing her and coloring in her adorable cheeks! Such a sweetie!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS