Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Will You Be Mine?

Who doesn't know and love these cuties? I adore them! For those of you who don't know them, it's Ian and Anya from The Greeting Farm. Isn't this a cute image for Valentine's Day?
If you love and have these stamps, start inking them up to participate in Marie's Valentine's contest going on now until Saturday February 7th. What you need to do is create a card for Valentine's Day using any stamp from the greeting farm and write a poem for Valentine's Day. You can check it out HERE.
So I made my card and decided to write a poem for Valentine's Day in the style of a Haiku. A Haiku comes from Japan. You write the poem based upon the number of syllables in each line. The first line must have only 5 syllables, the second line only 7 syllables, and the 3rd line only 5 syllables. So here is my Haiku:
It's Valentine's Day
I love you with all my heart
Forever we'll be
So, what do you think about that? I say, not too bad...after all it only took me a couple of minutes to come up with it. lol. Anyway, I'd love for you to create a Valentine poem by writing a Haiku and leaving it in this post. I can't wait to see what all of you come up with. =)
So, to create this card, I used different embellishments to accent. It's the flourish punches! I was so lucky to be able to get these from my dear and sweet friend Claudia. Thanks so much! I just love it. She is super creative, and so much fun to talk to. =) It's a quick post today, so here are the supplies used:
Stamps: The Greeting Farm
Paper: SU DSP, Riding hood Red, WW CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, flourish punches, clear rhinestones, dimensionals,
Topnote die.
I wish you a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!!!

22 comments:

mycardz said...

WOw, very, very cute card! I love your coloring on this one and the layout is awesome! Great card...TFS! :)

Teri said...

OMG Jodi! I just love your card! Your poem is sweet, just like you! Love your Ian and Anya image too and those flourishes, beautiful! xoxo

Summerthyme Studio said...

Ohhhhhh Jodi, these sweethearts, well, they are absolutely Splendiferous!!!!!! What a gorgeous card and poem

Michelle Ueligitone said...

This is adorable! I love those Anyas! They are just the cutest (next to Hello Kitty, lol). This is so sweet! Love the poem too.

Hugs,
Michelle

Joy said...

awe...Jodi! you always do such wonderful creations...but this one is so sweet...just like you! love the Haiku...forgot about that...we used to have to do that in school. I better go check out the site! love how you added all those details to make the card all the more cute!

Islander Girl said...

Super cute Jodi! I bought the digi stamp also...now that I'm done with my project for Mindy I can now play! Yeay! LOL!

Love the card and I loved your Nurse Anya tin! I just bought that stamp and the cheer Anya and can't wait to get them!!!

Have a great day!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh so gorgeous Jodi and your colouring is beautiful, I'm very tempted to order ;-) Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

So ubber cute Jodi...wow Haiku's remember those hanabatta days..TFS...love those Anya's and Ian...Liann M.

Berenice said...

What a cute card! Super nice, I love it. Beautiful poem too.

Danni said...

Aww, so cute!! You did a great job!

Margie said...

Super adorable and cute!!! I have fallen in love with these lil images ;)
TFS!

Janna said...

Jodi, this is so awesome!!! I absolutely love the coloring and your layout is terrific! The haiku is the best! I am sorry but I am so untalented in that department. I still can't come up with a poem for my entry! LOL! Good luck, you have such a great creation!

Smiles,
janna

cats whiskers said...

Oh I love these little cuties I am now a big Anya and Ian fan, you have made a beautiful card here and I love your little poem
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Summer... said...

You do such great work,
Never ceasing to amaze
all of your blog friends...


(5-7-5)...Too, too cute Jodi! I absolutely LOVE these little people with big heads, LOL! I cannot wait to get a few! What a wonderfully cute card...and great job coloring these cuties, Jodi! Thank you so much for the B-day wishes! My day was a very memorable one, thank you so much! Big hugs to you!

Risa Malieta W. said...

Jodi, your card is beautiful!!! Your coloring is awesome and I love the layout!
hugs
Risa:)

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, your card is sweet!! Love the red colors and awww, the image is so adorable. Such a fabulous image for Valentines and you did a beautiful job coloring the image!!! Great job, Jodi!!

Maria

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Wow! i love it!

Rach said...

a beautiful card, those images are darling gorgeous colouration. love your poem.xx

Susan said...

Wow, Jodi, they're just too cute for themselves! I love the flourishes and the poem rocks!

Becky Carafa said...

This is so adorable! I love the flourishes!

Peta said...

What a gorgeous card Jodi, they look so cute and in love, Peta x

Enjoli said...

Super cute card Jodi!! I love it! Please e-mail me your mailing address.. I have a Valentines RAK to send to you. =)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS